It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Note to Mike Smith
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:48 pm 
Offline
Draught Guru
Draught Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:32 am
Posts: 4936
RobertAP wrote:
Smith is inept at managing the team on game day. .



see :Roddy White , now injured for 4-5 weeks. Dumbass.


Hammy. Plus high ankle sprain. Please, refute? It was a 'must win game'? We HAD to have Roddy in the 4th qtr?

otherwise, STFU. comment? Please let us let the Smitty-worship continue.

:snooty:

_________________
"what if there were no hypothetical situations?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Note to Mike Smith
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:33 am 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:57 pm
Posts: 4499
ROBERT WROTE
Quote:
I always tend to see these things long before everyone else. Call it a gift, or call it negativity. I have a knack for seeing that which others don't want to see.


Well I knew you were a Dumb MF the first time you posted. Back when Coach Smith purposely threw a game?? So did you call this season to be terrible??

You wanted Dorsey over Ryan!! Right there makes you a Franchise killer.

Look you always cry after the fact like a little bitch. Now this might not be nice but
the facts are straight!! This is why I TRY NOT TO,POST AFTER YOU,( the high road like a nice guy like Emmitt takes) is one thing; but when you say you see things before others its just another dumb MF stupid statement that is spoken as fact vs. opinon
witch makes the statement fair game!!

You are the most clueless fan on the board; all knowing after the game is over!! This is the season the fans deserved; everybody claiming Super Bowl before a snap


I'm sorry for the loyal fan who understands all 32 teams are drafting from the same talent pool; and realize that one season does not diminish 5 winning season's.


We'll make corrections on the fly; and be a better team next year from this experience. 5 years is not long for a very winning coach and Gm. Do many here remember your first job ?? Its a lot harder when everybody has equal access to
your next hires.

_________________
"Everything Counts"
Cyril


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Note to Mike Smith
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:53 am 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:15 pm
Posts: 4221
Cyril wrote:
ROBERT WROTE
Quote:
I always tend to see these things long before everyone else. Call it a gift, or call it negativity. I have a knack for seeing that which others don't want to see.

Back when Coach Smith purposely threw a game??

Turns out, Smith just sucks. He has shown time and time again that he's not a good game day manager. At least I see that I made a mistake in judgement and changed my mind. I have admitted when I have been wrong about things. (and I'm pretty sure that I did admit that I was wrong about Smith possibly throwing the game.)

Quote:
You wanted Dorsey over Ryan!! Right there makes you a Franchise killer.

Again, I admitted about being wrong about this. Obviously, I did not have the access to Matt Ryan and Glenn Dorsey that our front office had. I also don't have a scouting team. It's easy to evaluate something in hindsight.

Quote:
Look you always cry after the fact like a little bitch. Now this might not be nice but the facts are straight!! This is why I TRY NOT TO,POST AFTER YOU,( the high road like a nice guy like Emmitt takes) is one thing; but when you say you see things before others its just another dumb MF stupid statement that is spoken as fact vs. opinon witch makes the statement fair game!!

I don't disagree. Attack my opinions if you want to. Calling me a dumb MFer, that's a bit over the line. I don't call you names. I don't call Emmitt names. I'm sorry that you're frustrated and are taking it out on me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Note to Mike Smith
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:08 am 
Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:12 pm
Posts: 6156
Location: Planet Claire
Pump your brakes, Cyril. :angel:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Note to Mike Smith
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:14 am 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:57 pm
Posts: 4499
Quote:
Quote:
I always tend to see these things long before everyone else. Call it a gift, or call it negativity. I have a knack for seeing that which others don't want to see.


I didn't take that as an opinion but as a fact. When someone gives reason's for an ability like calling it a gift, or just saying you have ability to see something before others; that to me is being said its a fact.!!

I just pointed out facts over the years that showed you don't have such a gift!!

I'm not frustrated; I said a 6-10 season but it was a wild guess based on too many
untested positions being open...... No one on earth can see into a NFL season.

Some better than others based on circumstances.

Ps. Ok BnB they just wore off when I heard their was a psychic amongst us
I was just jealous (:

_________________
"Everything Counts"
Cyril


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Note to Mike Smith
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:18 am 
Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:12 pm
Posts: 6156
Location: Planet Claire
:lol: Hey, dude, you are looking pretty psychic with your pre-season call right now. Of course, it is the same one you made last year. I never venture a guess. I don't even call it a win until five minutes after the game is over.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Note to Mike Smith
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:22 am 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:15 pm
Posts: 4221
Cyril wrote:
Ps. Ok BnB they just wore off when I heard their was a psychic amongst us
I was just jealous (:

It wasn't a claim at being a psychic... It's an opinion based on observation. I have been, "attacking," Smith since early last year, when we were winning. I said that his crappy game day decisions were going to bite us in the butt at some point. This year, they are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Note to Mike Smith
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:27 am 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:57 pm
Posts: 4499
Hey, dude, you are looking pretty psychic with your pre-season call right now. Of course, it is the same one you made last year.
**************************************************************************
BnB ---if you can find or anyone else on this board find where I predicted even a losing season of any kind,about last year, I'll donate 100.00 to their favorite charity,
and send it by pay pal. If no one finds anything it doesn't need to be mentioned......

Sure hope my dementia doesn't cost me $100 (:

Like I said this year was just a lucky guess; in hindsight; without the injuries I'd be happily eating my words (I think)

_________________
"Everything Counts"
Cyril


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Note to Mike Smith
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:21 am 
Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:12 pm
Posts: 6156
Location: Planet Claire
Cyril wrote:
Hey, dude, you are looking pretty psychic with your pre-season call right now. Of course, it is the same one you made last year.
**************************************************************************
BnB ---if you can find or anyone else on this board find where I predicted even a losing season of any kind,about last year, I'll donate 100.00 to their favorite charity,
and send it by pay pal. If no one finds anything it doesn't need to be mentioned......

Sure hope my dementia doesn't cost me $100 (:

Like I said this year was just a lucky guess; in hindsight; without the injuries I'd be happily eating my words (I think)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17413&hilit=predict

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Note to Mike Smith
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:52 am 
Offline
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:03 pm
Posts: 25849
Location: North Carolina
Image

RobertAP wrote:
However, he's not the guy who's going to get us a Super Bowl win.

Well clearly, you can judge who can't win a Super Bowl. So tell us who can then? Who is the guy that will get the Falcons a SB win?

Also, please tell us all of the other coaches around the league who are incapable of winning Super Bowls, and those are capable? Put your money where your mouth is.

But you like so many others that lack vision assume that just because something has yet to happen, it won't happen.

_________________
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Note to Mike Smith
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:08 pm 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:57 pm
Posts: 4499
BnB
Quote:
************************************************************************
BnB ---if you can find or anyone else on this board find where I predicted even a losing season of any kind,about last year, I'll donate 100.00 to their favorite charity,


i know that I guessed that about this year, but you said I predicted it about last year too. I don't think that's accurate, but you never know if you look into the "skeletons of the past (:

_________________
"Everything Counts"
Cyril


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Note to Mike Smith
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:29 pm 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:15 pm
Posts: 4221
Pudge wrote:
Image

RobertAP wrote:
However, he's not the guy who's going to get us a Super Bowl win.

Well clearly, you can judge who can't win a Super Bowl. So tell us who can then? Who is the guy that will get the Falcons a SB win?

Also, please tell us all of the other coaches around the league who are incapable of winning Super Bowls, and those are capable? Put your money where your mouth is.

But you like so many others that lack vision assume that just because something has yet to happen, it won't happen.

I don't watch all of the other coaches in the league as closely as I watch Smith. What I have seen from Smith is consistent bad decision making. You don't agree that it's bad decision making. That's fine, we're all entitled to an opinion.

I don't have the time to go around and evaluate all of the coaches in the league. Thomas Dimitroff gets paid to do that. But I'm not a big fan of his at this point either.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Note to Mike Smith
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:24 pm 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:51 pm
Posts: 4875
Location: New York
Calling someone a dumb MFer is pretty overboard. No need to go that far, I prefer to call Fun Gus and Rob the super friends of negativity.

_________________
Image

R.I.P 2013 season


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Note to Mike Smith
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:33 pm 
Offline
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:03 pm
Posts: 25849
Location: North Carolina
RobertAP wrote:
I don't have the time to go around and evaluate all of the coaches in the league. Thomas Dimitroff gets paid to do that. But I'm not a big fan of his at this point either.

Of course you don't because if you did, it would completely devalue your so-called "insight."

It's like the father who goes to all of his little girl's dance recitals and says she has what it takes to be a professional dancer, when he's never seen a real ballet in his life. But he insists that he knows what that "it" factor is, and she has it!

Or you're in college, and your roommate is taking a writing course, and he asks you to proofread all his writings throughout the year just to give him an outside opinion on what it takes. Then it comes down to the end of the semester, and he decides to submit one of his entries into a campus-wide writing contest. Having read all of his stories throughout the year, you have a very good assessment of his writing. You tell him that his writing is good, but not great. He's been getting As and Bs all semester. And you insist he doesn't have a chance to win because only great writing will win this contest.

But guess what? You don't have a clue how good the writing of any of the other people in his class are, or who else will submit into this contest.

Judging things in a vacuum.

The premise you've put forth is that you believe that MIke Smith is too conservative, and is too poor a gameday manager to win a Super Bowl. You are of course entitled to that opinion. But at the room of it is a belief that being a good gameday manager and/or not being conservative is a core trait in Super Bowl-winning coaches.

What is that based off? And without having some context in evaluating other coaches and past Super Bowl-winning coaches, it really is based off nothing. It's something you have made up.

John Harbaugh is the last Super Bowl-winning coach. Did he do so because he is such a good gameday manager and is appropriately aggressive?

What about Bill Belichick, who most people believe is the best coach, most appropriately aggressive and best gameday manager in the league? He hasn't won a Super Bowl in nearly a decade.

_________________
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Note to Mike Smith
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:50 pm 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:15 pm
Posts: 4221
Pudge wrote:
RobertAP wrote:
I don't have the time to go around and evaluate all of the coaches in the league. Thomas Dimitroff gets paid to do that. But I'm not a big fan of his at this point either.

Of course you don't because if you did, it would completely devalue your so-called "insight."

It's like the father who goes to all of his little girl's dance recitals and says she has what it takes to be a professional dancer, when he's never seen a real ballet in his life. But he insists that he knows what that "it" factor is, and she has it!

Isn't that what we all do here? How many of us watch all of the game film for all of the teams in the league? We're, "fans." We have our opinions. We come here to share those opinions. Those opinions are nothing close to being, "expert," opinions, if they were, we wouldn't be posting them here. Obviously, we're not always going to agree, and that's fine... Even the, "experts," don't agree with one another.

At the end of the day, we are all Falcons fans, even if some of us are dumb MFers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Note to Mike Smith
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:00 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:12 pm
Posts: 6156
Location: Planet Claire
Cyril wrote:
BnB
Quote:
************************************************************************
BnB ---if you can find or anyone else on this board find where I predicted even a losing season of any kind,about last year, I'll donate 100.00 to their favorite charity,


i know that I guessed that about this year, but you said I predicted it about last year too. I don't think that's accurate, but you never know if you look into the "skeletons of the past (:

The date on that thread is August of 2012.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Note to Mike Smith
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:02 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:12 pm
Posts: 6156
Location: Planet Claire
Emmitt wrote:
Calling someone a dumb MFer is pretty overboard. No need to go that far, I prefer to call Fun Gus and Rob the super friends of negativity.

They are downright cheerful relative to the Friends of Doom at the Roost. Dissenting opinions and even negativity are OK. But you only have to say it once...esp in a small conversation like these sites.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Note to Mike Smith
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:11 pm 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:41 pm
Posts: 2367
Location: Albany NY
I wrote a super long response to this and it seems to have disappeared :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

So in a nut shell, Smith has done a far worse job this year than last. He's coaching trying to get those last 4 plays of last year's playoff game out of his head, rather than focusing on winning as many games as he can. He's using terrible judgment on the goal line, and also should not have played a clearly injured Roddy.

I hope he turns it around and gets back to trying to win games, rather than improve the teams psyche... only time will tell.

_________________
When life gives you lemons, find some salt and tequila then invite me!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Note to Mike Smith
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:10 am 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:57 pm
Posts: 4499
BnB
Well then I'm a Dumb MF BECAUSE i SAID
Quote:
Perhaps I've been looking for a reason to stop buying tickets and 7-9 0r 6-10 will do it!!
I predict 6-10 for the season because we will have injuries; and this team does not want to go through a grilling season, their ready for the playoffs that will never come!!


jUST GLAD i DIDN'T BET MY LIFE; (:

Send me your favorite charity, or that fried dinner you do and I'll send it to you directly......tomorrow. I lost fair & square!! Or Pay Pal if its a big organization.

We almost went to the Super Bowl and I stopped buying them anyway.

Ps. Pudge just a small thing; the site has me on 4,074 replies since my stupid statement in 2012; I've made plenty of more whoppers since then (: BUT STILL AT 4074??

_________________
"Everything Counts"
Cyril


Image


Last edited by Cyril on Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Note to Mike Smith
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:26 am 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:57 pm
Posts: 4499
To even determine anyone else that could win a Super Bowl you first have to discount the good Head Coaches around the league; unless someone like Blank makes rash decisions; the best coaches are staying put.

Many of the good Assistant Coaches were just horrid on their first head coach jobs.

Guys like Cowher or Jimmy Johnson know how hard it is or even Gruden have good jobs and why give it up for 70 hour weeks when they've already had success once...

I certainly can't pick one that would do better than Smith. He just looks worse because his players don't make plays this year!!

Like I mentioned some want to win, but they really want Ryan to look like Brady or
Manning and look flashy doing it. Ryan just doesn't fit this bill.

_________________
"Everything Counts"
Cyril


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Note to Mike Smith
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:25 am 
Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:12 pm
Posts: 6156
Location: Planet Claire
You gave to my favorite charity last Christmas without losing a bet if memory serves, Cyril. We'll just postpone it until then....or not. I'm not a gambler but be advised--I actually listen to what you say!

As to Smith and Ryan and Brady and winning and all that, yeah, I think that's a good point. It has been proven plenty of times here. People are not happy with just winning. They want every win to be like we beat then Giants last year. At this point, we just are not that team and I don't know that there are many teams that can consistently just dominate week after week. Good coaches are a rare breed. Andy Reid is showing his worth this year. I don't care how the year ends up for KC but to go to a dumpster fire like they have been and win your first five games is pretty impressive. If ever a team had style points it would be the Vick led Eagles but when everything is said and done it is the same old inconsistent MV. In other words, coaches can coach but players do the playing.

I think the org has gotten away from the original process (the most important players are the players closest to the ball) but I think perhaps the league itself has changed too even in that short span of time. The interior lines have some issues to say the least. Everyone who has been wanting T. McClure gone for years are realizing he was actually not bad. You want Smith gone now too?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Note to Mike Smith
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:24 pm 
Offline
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:03 pm
Posts: 25849
Location: North Carolina
RobertAP wrote:
Isn't that what we all do here? How many of us watch all of the game film for all of the teams in the league? We're, "fans." We have our opinions. We come here to share those opinions. Those opinions are nothing close to being, "expert," opinions, if they were, we wouldn't be posting them here. Obviously, we're not always going to agree, and that's fine... Even the, "experts," don't agree with one another.

At the end of the day, we are all Falcons fans, even if some of us are dumb MFers.

I don't expect anybody to watch every game. But you should have a little context before you make some of your claims. The more football you watch the more you realize that Smitty's "problems" aren't unique around the league and frankly are overblown. You're living in a fantasy world if you really think clock management and whether or not to go for it on 4th down will prevent a team from reaching the Super Bowl. And the more football you would watch the quicker you'd realize that.

The things that stop teams from going to the Super Bowl have more to do with how good your QB is, whether you have balance on offense, whether you can play from behind, how good your OL is, how much heat you can put on the QB, how well you cover, how many turnovers you create, can you flip/control field position on ST, etc.

These are the areas where the Falcons are and have been deficient. And the more football you watch, perhaps the quicker you'd realize that. Because you'd see those other teams succeeding in those areas because they have more talent than we do. And it has nothing to do with killer instinct or game day management. It has everything to do with being bigger, stronger, faster, better, etc.

But over the years I realize that most people are lazy and its so much easier to blame one all encompassing factor like killer instinct, than to look at the actual 18 things that determine the outcome of games. Its easier to blame the 4th down decision made by the coach than the 8-play scoring drive two quarters earlier. Because for whatever reason we accept that players miss tackle, or drop passes, etc. but a coach must be infallible. An OC may make 78 play calls over the course of a game, but if 2 of them are questionable and happen to come at a critical point (3rd down, red zone, 4th quarter, etc.), he blew it and he has to go! Its ridiculous when you actually think about it.

_________________
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Note to Mike Smith
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:19 pm 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:57 pm
Posts: 4499
You gave to my favorite charity last Christmas without losing a bet if memory serves, Cyril. We'll just postpone it until then....or not.

Ok, that's great...... that was a great charity and will be glad to help again..... Dang
only thing I can think of is you must have seen that; and remembered it. I was positive no way!! (: Dang your mind at 62 shouldn't be so soft and forgetful ??

Well I'll say it now--NEXT YEAR WE'LL BE 10-6!! (:

_________________
"Everything Counts"
Cyril


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AngryJohnny51 and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: