Well... I give up.

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

dirtybirdnw

Well... I give up.

Postby dirtybirdnw » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:09 pm

On the playoffs at least. The Falcons are beat up and inconsistent. I don't know how you fix his steaming pile of crap that is the 2013 Falcons. :oops:
Fear the BEARD!

RobertAP
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Well... I give up.

Postby RobertAP » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:59 am

I'm not giving up. I have nothing to say about tonight's game though.

Cyril
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Cyril » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:36 pm

No reason to give up---we're losing but not being blown out!!
"Everything Counts"
Cyril

The Mattural
Superstar
Superstar

Postby The Mattural » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:04 pm

Cyril wrote:No reason to give up---we're losing but not being blown out!!

My thoughts exactly, yeah we are 1-3 but we have not looked overmatched or like we didnt belong on the field and have had a chance to win every game. The Falcons will get it together and this might be good for Matt since he has to do so much right now for the team to succeed, when everyone gets healthy and can help him out he should look even better.
The Young Gunner

RobertAP
Superstar
Superstar

Postby RobertAP » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:02 am

The thing I'm worried about with Matt is that he does not look comfortable. He's rushing throws, making bad throws because he's not setting his feet, etc. I believe that this is because he has happy feet at this point, and rightfully so. In order for Matt Ryan to play his best, he needs to feel confident in his line. You can see that if his first read isn't there, he starts looking for an escape route. If the offensive line does develop over the year and can give him a pocket to work in, the Falcons will really come on strong when they get healthy. If the offensive line cannot give him a consistent pocket, I think that we'll still finish with a winning record, but we might not make the playoffs, and even if we do, I don't like our chances.

John O
Superstar
Superstar

Postby John O » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:42 am

That's what I see also. The OL is not giving the QB time for multiple reads and he is getting hit too often after the pass. Big mistake by TD to decimate the OL without sufficient depth. Trie Clabo had dropped some but he sure looked better against us in Miami than anything we had except Blalock. Add the lack of pass rush and the young secondary is at risk througout the game. IMHO it's all TD fault. :beef:
John O'

dirtybirdnw

Postby dirtybirdnw » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:50 am

Here's hoping that Trueblood can make a magic transformation into an above average tackle and Baker/Holmes can get their s*** together at the other tackle spot.

Hopefully getting S-Jax back will bring some balance back to the Falcon offense as well. At least defenses respect him vs. the Quizz/Snelling show.
Fear the BEARD!

Cyril
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Cyril » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:26 am

I think Thomas D. made a calculated move to get out the older players and
take the hit this year to be able to come back next year.

We just had too many holes to fill, and he's just hoping for ...500

It could take more than a year but I doubt it. If we draft 1 and 2 on defense, maybe
get a free agent; with the experience our rookie corners are getting we could get good on defense quick. I like a good defense more then a good offense.
"Everything Counts"
Cyril

RobertAP
Superstar
Superstar

Postby RobertAP » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:02 am

Cyril wrote:I think Thomas D. made a calculated move to get out the older players and
take the hit this year to be able to come back next year.

We just had too many holes to fill, and he's just hoping for ...500

It could take more than a year but I doubt it. If we draft 1 and 2 on defense, maybe
get a free agent; with the experience our rookie corners are getting we could get good on defense quick. I like a good defense more then a good offense.

If that's true, why bring back Tony? Why bring in Jackson and Umenyiora?

Return to “The Huddle”