It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I don't think Atlanta can play any better??
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:39 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I don't get it when you blame the coaches when;
we gained more yards than them, 377-285.

We turned a horrible running game into 149 yards and kept the Dolphins to only 90.
First 5 sack game since 2011. No one sacked Ryan?

Julio has another 100+ yards on I think 9 receptions.

I understand you can talk red zone; we can argue when time outs could have been called; and all the other intangibles that happen during a game.....This team has won 1 game since the preseason started.

Coach Smith gets them as ready to play as any Coach could; its just that they kinda suck. I think Matt Ryan has improved a vast amount
this year with his much quicker release. We're rebuilding our Offense line; and Defensive line and our linebackers.

I mean how can anyone suggest Coach Smith can't win when he won 13 last year??

Its this year's team that needs to learn how to win. You can see how it looks when
we kinda suck in the 4th quarter too??

We're finding better players and giving our younger players this year time to improve. We'll still maybe win 8 games but just accept we're rebuilding.

Both lines seem too satisfied with their play today from the interviews I heard. If you don't win you lose; I understand that's a new concept here for awhile and based on the last few games is the only reason I think Ryan didn't go long often.
(his ribs getting killed)

What I mean is our lines seemed too satisfied; with another loss!!

Just keep looking for bright spots; this team won't be bad long with Ryan and Julio;
and Coach Smith will make our new line get better.

I think our tall new tight end will be a good one; all they talked about was "needing to finish" and I don't think they even know what that means.

They'll learn it by game 16 but some here will just have to accept Most NFL football teams don't
play good for 4 quarters. To much happens based on momentum; and these teams that win the toss then defer are always fired up about the start of the 3rd quarter.

Actually I don't believe Ryan thinks about scoring 40 points and I wish he did!!

Post subject: Re: I don't think Atlanta can play any better??
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:58 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Cyril wrote:
Actually I don't believe Ryan thinks about scoring 40 points and I wish he did!!

I don't believe SMITH thinks about scoring 40 points and I wish he did!!

I would take your side if we didn't stop with the no huddle once we get to the red zone. But when we get within striking distance, we take command of the offense out of Ryan's hands and tell him what to do. I think that the philosophy of, "play to protect the lead," has spread like an infection throughout this team. That's why we lack the killer instinct. We play for field goals.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:12 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Now I've got no beef with Matt Ryan, but I have to say, in these two losses, he's become more of a Matty I-N-T than Matty I-C-E... HE has won us a lot of games in the 4th. If he stops that, this team is going down the tubes.

J. Mora JR.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:23 am 
Superstar
Superstar

MarylandFalcon1 wrote:
Now I've got no beef with Matt Ryan, but I have to say, in these two losses, he's become more of a Matty I-N-T than Matty I-C-E... HE has won us a lot of games in the 4th. If he stops that, this team is going down the tubes.

Matt didn't have the time to drive the team down the field for a TD today. If he takes a sack on that last play, we have 3rd and forever with 25 seconds left, needing a touchdown.

If Bryant hadn't missed the field goal, this game is different. If Smith didn't suck at clock management, this game is different. As it was, Matt needed a touchdown to win, and he simply didn't have enough time to make it happen without a little help, so he threw up a prayer, and the football gods didn't see fit for Julio to come down with it.

In week 1, both Jackson and Gonzo dropped passes that would have made them and Ryan the hero. Tony's bobble led to a pick. Not exactly Ryan's fault there.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:37 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Cyril wrote:
I don't get it when you blame the coaches when;
we gained more yards than them, 377-285.

We turned a horrible running game into 149 yards and kept the Dolphins to only 90.
First 5 sack game since 2011. No one sacked Ryan?

Julio has another 100+ yards on I think 9 receptions.

I understand you can talk red zone; we can argue when time outs could have been called; and all the other intangibles that happen during a game.....This team has won 1 game since the preseason started.

Coach Smith gets them as ready to play as any Coach could; its just that they kinda suck. I think Matt Ryan has improved a vast amount
this year with his much quicker release. We're rebuilding our Offense line; and Defensive line and our linebackers.

I mean how can anyone suggest Coach Smith can't win when he won 13 last year??

Its this year's team that needs to learn how to win. You can see how it looks when
we kinda suck in the 4th quarter too??

We're finding better players and giving our younger players this year time to improve. We'll still maybe win 8 games but just accept we're rebuilding.

Both lines seem too satisfied with their play today from the interviews I heard. If you don't win you lose; I understand that's a new concept here for awhile and based on the last few games is the only reason I think Ryan didn't go long often.
(his ribs getting killed)

What I mean is our lines seemed too satisfied; with another loss!!

Just keep looking for bright spots; this team won't be bad long with Ryan and Julio;
and Coach Smith will make our new line get better.

I think our tall new tight end will be a good one; all they talked about was "needing to finish" and I don't think they even know what that means.

They'll learn it by game 16 but some here will just have to accept Most NFL football teams don't
play good for 4 quarters. To much happens based on momentum; and these teams that win the toss then defer are always fired up about the start of the 3rd quarter.

Great post Cyril, we are what we are no more, no less. Our coaching is better than average league wide. There's not another staff out there that has this group of guys at 3-0...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:57 am 
Superstar
Superstar

MarylandFalcon1 wrote:

One of the worst posts I've seen on the site in quite some time and I like MF1. Do you realize how many times Matt Ryan has bailed out the Falcons? He gets picked off twice this season, due to pressure affecting his throw? C'mon now.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:32 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Emmitt wrote:
MarylandFalcon1 wrote:

One of the worst posts I've seen on the site in quite some time and I like MF1. Do you realize how many times Matt Ryan has bailed out the Falcons? He gets picked off twice this season, due to pressure affecting his throw? C'mon now.

Look, I hate being that guy but that post MF1 makes me think you're only looking at the box score and not watching the games. If that's the case, then fine, but Matt has thrown 2 picks this year. Both of them on the final play of the game. The first being a tipped ball off Gonzo & Vaccaro vs. the Saints, and the other being one where he was hit as he was thrown (which prevented him from falling through on his throw) and the ball fluttered into the waiting arms of a defender. Those INTs are really on Gonzo and Lamar Holmes, not Matt Ryan. You should hold those INTs against just as much as you would hold an INT on a hail mary against a QB.

Could there be improvement from Ryan? Absolutely. But he's playing excellent football considering that he's working with about 50% of the weapons he had last year. Julio is playing lights out, but Gonzo is not impact like he was early last year and Roddy of course is no more impactful than Harry DOuglas.

Profile E-mail