It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trent Richardson traded to Colts!!!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:30 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... e/2834297/

?????????????/

Post subject: Re: Trent Richardson traded to Colts!!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:00 pm 

Makes you wonder... If Atlanta could have that deal do they do it? Considering S-Jax has 1-2 years of shelf life and Atlanta has no heir apparent to take over as primary RB since Quizz and Snelling aren't starter quality.

If we didn't have so many line problems I'd be inclined to send a 1st rounder for Richardson and have him split carries with S-Jax. Though, I'm not sure either back would be happy with that situation.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:57 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

dirtybirdnw wrote:
Makes you wonder... If Atlanta could have that deal do they do it? Considering S-Jax has 1-2 years of shelf life and Atlanta has no heir apparent to take over as primary RB since Quizz and Snelling aren't starter quality.

If we didn't have so many line problems I'd be inclined to send a 1st rounder for Richardson and have him split carries with S-Jax. Though, I'm not sure either back would be happy with that situation.

I was thinking the same thing what if T-Rich was on the block before we signed SJax would they have sent a 1st rounder to Cleveland? T-Rich would have been a nice pick up for our power running game but with our line and our offense I dont think we would have gotten relative value for our first round pick.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:27 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I'm a big fan of Richardson, but it would have been wasteful to send a #1 pick to Cleveland for him if I'm the Falcons. He just doesn't have that sort of value to the Falcons. I do think at some poitn in the near the future (hopefully next May) the Falcons use a high pick on a RB of the future, since I think once Roddy & Tony are gone in 2015 that this team will need to be more "balanced" offense. But that is more a 2nd or 3rd round pick for the Falcons rather than a #1. Richardson is an excellent talent, but he's also not been producing very well and injury prone.

The Colts on the other hand are trying to be a "balanced" offense, in the way that we were "balanced" from 2008-10. Richardson has potential 1st round value to them if he can be Turner-esque and be a guy that can get them 1400-1600 yards every year over the next 3-5 years.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:23 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

A lot of people are saying this is a win for the Colts, but one has to wonder. I am sure the front office along with Chud and Turner have seen enough of TR to know if he is going to be elite or not. Having read Lombardi's stuff over the years, I know he wants what he calls blue chip players. If TR was blue, then he would still be in Cle.