It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:00 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Turd Koetter
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:27 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

I cannot believe what I just heard on 790 the Zone..

It was a soundbite of a presser with our OC. When asked why it seems like we get up to a big lead, and then let the other team back in: "well, it is the NFL and there IS parity. Nowadays, if you win by seven points, that is considered a BLOWOUT.."

you must be sh*tting me, right? this is a 'dog ate my homework' response. :x

this guy is not a 'newbie'. He should know better. here's what he should have said:

" yeah, it looks to the casual observer that we seem to struggle in the 2nd half, and there may be some truth to that....But there are alot of mitigating factors. Some of it is playcalling, adjustments, players going down, and just plain execution. We need to execute better in the 2nd half of games. "

But to say that we don't struggle in that situation, and then to make a lame excuse: that is bad bad bad news.

Last edited by fun gus on Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Turd Koetter
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:03 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:07 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Not sure why gus even follows the Falcons. All he does is bitch and name call the players/coaches/front office. Not calling him out as a fan (he can be the number 1 Falcon fan in the world), but it seems that nothing the team does makes him happy. Seems like a pretty miserable fan existence to me.

It may be his "schtick," but if it is, it gets real tiresome. I usually brush past his usual drivel, it is just the SSDD. Occasionally he has a pithy point, but his long rants are just not worth it.

I await his picture mocking me. It will be graded - and not on a curve.

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our tradition in the spirit of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:23 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

hey, I calls 'em likes I sees 'em. 8-)

Was I negative in my man-love for Tony G? Or praising Harry D and the new corners for 'stepping up? Or how about the last thread I posted in where I believe I said something to the effect of 'as long as we still have Matt Ryan, we have a fighting chance? Or how about me saying McClain was a good find? Saying C Peters was going to have a breakout season? Or how about last year, when I praised Dirk Koetter for securing a playoff win? I was the #1 complainer about the hire, but I was man enough to admit I was wrong about him last year ( look it up).

But no, I guess Im just a 'bitchy fan'. :roll: I expect this kind of response from Emmit, who is a little younger then us, but not from someone who is old enough to know who this is :

sophistry, indeed. did someone miss the 'captain hyperbole' pic upthread?

It's 'okay' to complain when the team is doing poor, but when the team is doing well, get out your knee pads fellas, because if you dont tickle the balls of TD and Mike Smith, well, why even bother posting here?

Feel free to disagree with me like Pudge. Or even laugh at my reasoning. But I'm not filled with warmth and good feelings when I hear our RT say 'it's okay for Matt to take a couple hits because he is getting the ball out quickly' or our OC who defends our team regularly going asleep in the 2nd half because 'everyone else is doing it'.

Your milage may vary :dance:

Last edited by fun gus on Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:41 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Image post fail... LOL

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our tradition in the spirit of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:46 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Wease wrote:
Image post fail... LOL

wow. someone's been sitting on that for awhile

how 'bout this one?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:51 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Actually, just found it. Love the Johnny Cash image. Always can get behind the man in black and images of his will usually get a :up: . Wish he were still around. Loved his covers of some of the more modern tunes. His cover of "Won't back down" is a favorite.

W

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:15 pm 

I thought the Captain Hyperbole thing was funny. I assumed it was referring to yourself, either because some of your statements were said with tongue in cheek, or at least you had an awareness that some of your statements might have been slightly hyperbolic.

As for it all, from all the pressers and interviews I've seen with Dirk Koetter, he's not as exactly a "coach speak" guy. So I think it's funny that this is one of those times, where we would actually prefer coach speak to "truth."

I think in truth he was probably just saying something along the lines of, "Hey man, all I care about the W. Whether it's 7 points, 2 points, or 20 points, it's no sweat off my back."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:51 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

when Lamar Holmes was asked about his play after the Saints game, he said “We kept Matt pretty clean for the most part.”

“By the time he was getting hit, the ball was gone.”

When Tony G whiffed on a block and got Ryan sacked did he say " Hey, it was only one snap of X amopunt of snaps I took. If you compare me to all the other TE's you will see I'm right in there, and as long as we get the 'W', that's all that matters"?

Hell NO. He said 'I need to do a better job." Just like Jackson who said ' I need to catch that ball'.

You dont see Chip Kelly pulling this crap. He didn't know the injury rule, and he didn't manage his clock well. He didn't make excuses, or deflect, he owned it.

Own it, Turd Koetter. The Falcons are NOT like 'every other NFL team'. WE have a trend of getting a lead, then going to sleep. We dont pull out the no huddle until the fourth qtr when we let the opposition back in. This isn't an 'outlier', we saw this happen in two playoff games, and last Sunday we were up 24-3 and it happened again.

This is not 'watching the Falcons in a vacuum', either. This is something aboriginals even know. It IS our calling card. This is not 'normal'.

captain hyperbole, out! :ninja:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:06 am 
Superstar
Superstar

I understand why he said what he said.

1) He can't really blame the defense and that was more of the problem last year.

2) We've always had this problem, and he can't be blaming Smith for his 3 years before he got here.

I like to point out the bullshit too. However why doesn't Coach Smith get more praise about getting us ready to play then coming out and getting the lead?
I don't remember it; and its kinda like always being a step ahead!!

I don't think we'd feel better about always being behind at half time then coming back. Were mad because we score early then perhaps teams make adjustments then we make them too. So its us-them- then us again.

Don't worry with this team you won't have to worry about this much longer. It will be them; then them, and we get a token score.

Koetter probably saw this as a " risky question " so he just punted. If you want the truth he probably should of said " well hell; "our O-line are a bunch of punks "

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:38 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Wease wrote:
Not sure why gus even follows the Falcons. All he does is bitch and name call the players/coaches/front office. Not calling him out as a fan (he can be the number 1 Falcon fan in the world), but it seems that nothing the team does makes him happy. Seems like a pretty miserable fan existence to me.

It may be his "schtick," but if it is, it gets real tiresome. I usually brush past his usual drivel, it is just the SSDD. Occasionally he has a pithy point, but his long rants are just not worth it.

I await his picture mocking me. It will be graded - and not on a curve.

Best post I've seen in ages. Fun Gus is a cool guy, but he makes Robert AP sound like a homer with his negativity.

Seriously Gus, just stop. You are becoming as bad as PB 21. It's sad.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:56 am 

I don't disagree with your sentiments one bit fun gus.

If this team and particularly this coaching staff isn't killing this O-line on a daily basis, then something is horribly horribly wrong.

But at the same time, I would not base whether they are or are not on what comments are made by coaches and a few players to the media. Players/coaches tend to keep the media at arm's length, so they tend to say things that they perceive won't give the media any ammo, or add any fuel to the fire.

So unlike you, I just can't get that mad at this.

Emmitt wrote:

I'm going to have to stop you there. Fun gus may have a hole heap of sand in his vag--, err, um shorts, but he's not a troll.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:09 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Emmitt wrote:
Best post I've seen in ages. Fun Gus is a cool guy, but he makes Robert AP sound like a homer with his negativity.

Me negative? I just have opinions. I'm not negative. Heck, I'm one of the few that said, "this is an opportunity," when everyone went down this week. Sheesh. Just because I didn't like Mike Mularkey, I am still not 100% sold on the Julio Jones trade, I think our offensive tackles are sucking up the field, and I think that Mike Smith is a bad game day coach doesn't mean that I'm strictly negative. I'm quite positive about a lot of things. :angel:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:04 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Pudge wrote:

If this team and particularly this coaching staff isn't killing this O-line on a daily basis, then something is horribly horribly wrong.

But at the same time, I would not base whether they are or are not on what comments are made by coaches and a few players to the media. Players/coaches tend to keep the media at arm's length, so they tend to say things that they perceive won't give the media any ammo, or add any fuel to the fire.

Emmitt wrote:

I'm going to have to stop you there. Fun gus may have a hole heap of sand in his vag--, err, um shorts, but he's not a troll.

I agree, Gus is not a troll. PB21 was a troll and not a very good one. Gus is just a "bitcher."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:22 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Wease wrote:
Pudge wrote:

Emmitt wrote:

I agree, Gus is not a troll. PB21 was a troll and not a very good one. Gus is just a "bitcher."

oh Puh-Leeze. :roll: I am a 'bitcher'? If wanting the team to get a Lombardi makes me a 'bitcher', then let it be.

47 years and the SAINTS have a freekin' Championship. Think that Saints fans don't 'bitch'? Last season was nothing but whining from those troglodytes..... :roll:

For me, the true mark of 'bitchyness' is someone who complains about a situation, but never offers a solution or an alternate idea as to how to address the coamplaint. Does this sound like me? If you read upthread: I said 'here is how Koetter can answer the question better'..In almost everyone of my complaints, I try to come up with something to be done about it. Backup QB? OL? Fullback? Defense? In every one of my complaints I offered a reasonable ( for the most part, Maybe Tebow as backup QB could be considered unreasonable ) solution to the problem. Right? That doesn't sound like bitching or trolling to me. I know none of the suggestions will ever be implemented, but it makes me feel better to air them out.

In fact, Wease has responded to almost everyone of my posts or threads with smug,derisive snark and very little dialogue involved. Almost 'troll-like' in it's simplicity... For this councellor you get another one two of these :mrgreen: :

Look, I 'get it'. It's very easy to say 'look how far we have come since Petrino and Vick. We are relevant now'. That is a fair argument. But just because were (me) are spoiled now and we're not fans of the Jags,Browns or Titans doesn't mean it's not okay to complain about things...I know some things, there is nothing you can do: like our OL getting gassed late in games. It's 'too late' to do anything about that, that should have been addressed in the preseason. For things like that: this forum exists. It where you can go and throw your hands in the air and say 'WTF', just like coming here and reveling in a postseason win..

Which is why you don't see Pudge saying it's a wrong or non valid opinion, only that it seems to be coming from someone with a touch of 'Sandis Vaginitis'.. That should tell you something 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:13 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Gus I know you don't like this thread being about you but I didn't start this. I like your posts and you can be as happy as any of us!!

Here's what I sometimes wonder??

Gus Wrote
Quote:

oh Puh-Leeze. :roll: I am a 'bitcher'? If wanting the team to get a Lombardi makes me a 'bitcher', then let it be.

My question is do you just want a Lombardi or think we can play up to it?? I often am very surprised when we come as close as we do like last year--- It should have been our year cause we didn't have the team to deserve it.....(:

This year there is no doubt this team doesn't have what last year had; a worse line and probably a worse defensive line. So I haven't had my hopes too high; but would gladly go crazy if we started opening holes and sacking Qbs.

I heard tonight that 21 of the 32 games played in the first two weeks were of 7 points or less? i don't know if this makes Coach Derk. K. ANSWER better or not to why we don't put away teams?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:46 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Cyril wrote:
My question is do you just want a Lombardi or think we can play up to it?? I often am very surprised when we come as close as we do like last year--- It should have been our year cause we didn't have the team to deserve it.....(:

If we get in the playoffs, and still have Matt Ryan, anything can happen. But I would feel awful for Tony if we go into the bye 2-3 or 1-4 because ouy back half of the schedule is much harder... :ninja:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:52 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Tony came back because he was not tired of football. The playoffs gave him excitement. He just needed a dose of the real thing again; but the 12 million or whatever he's paid is like us hitting the lottery.

I AGREE he's one of the good guys and a Champion; don't forget he didn't choose to
leave Ciny he was traded!! He was one game from a Super Bowl last year; so I love the guy but wouldn't ever feel sorry him. (unless he was badly injured)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:51 am 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

Ok, let's be real about this. The coaching staff is not going to get up there and say "We had a shitload of injuries that we couldn't have possibly seen coming and therefore, we were a bit limited on what we could do not to mention that Sam Baker was god awful and the run blocking was mediocre at best--oh did I mention we lost our starting FB again?"

It's obvious they know as they made personnel adjustments from last week (see Dent replaced in 2 LB sets by Bartu) at least until Biermann went down followed by Weatherspoon. At that point, your choice becomes sending Nicholas out there instead of Dent or putting two rookies on the field with two rookie corners and a 2nd year DE that didn't play much last year. I have confidence in the young talent but that's just too much inexperience to put out there at one time.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:32 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Capologist wrote:
Ok, let's be real about this. The coaching staff is not going to get up there and say "We had a shitload of injuries that we couldn't have possibly seen coming and therefore, we were a bit limited on what we could do not to mention that Sam Baker was god awful and the run blocking was mediocre at best--oh did I mention we lost our starting FB again?"

It's obvious they know as they made personnel adjustments from last week (see Dent replaced in 2 LB sets by Bartu) at least until Biermann went down followed by Weatherspoon. At that point, your choice becomes sending Nicholas out there instead of Dent or putting two rookies on the field with two rookie corners and a 2nd year DE that didn't play much last year. I have confidence in the young talent but that's just too much inexperience to put out there at one time.

Exactly!!!! Thank you for speaking the wisdom, some of the forum desperately needs.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail