It's To Early for 216 Mock Draft But Here It Is

All things related to the Atlanta Falcons, NFL and pro football related.
thescout

It's To Early for 216 Mock Draft But Here It Is

Postby thescout » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:47 am

Looking at Walter's mock two things jump out at me for the Falcons. One will the Falcons actually be drafting 13th. I think more likely 15-20 not far off but if they win the NFC South Division probably end up near the bottom of the teens. Second Jalen Ramsey as the Falcs pick? If Allen can solidify the free safety spot would the Falcons still take a safety no1? Possible since Quinn likes star safeties who can do it all. Ramsey seems like the kind of football player that has those instincts to always make the big play and around the ball alot. Falcons could use a free safety like this for sure. If Claybourn can play well it would mean the Falcs have decided to strengthen another position with their 1st. What are the top needs of this team if players currently on the roster play well? Still need playmakers on this team badly. Tight end Tame will be decent but no star player. Off line only Mathews could be a star. You could down the list and see how much the Falcons lack. Having Quinn as the coach means the sum will be greater than the parts. Quinn will make mistakes but he's a players coach and they will run through a wall to get the job done.

1.Safety
2.Linebacker
3.Off line

http://walterfootball.com/draft2016.php

Pudge
Site Admin

Re: It's To Early for 216 Mock Draft But Here It Is

Postby Pudge » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:51 pm

In no particular order:

FS
MLB
NT
DE
CB
QB
RB
WR
TE
OG
OC

thescout

Postby thescout » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:14 am

Gee Pudge that really helps. So there is no priority over one position than another ? I hope the Falcons continue to build in the trenches but hard to pass on a potential star player at another position. Yes I can see DT being a big need since Solaili is getting long in the tooth so is Babs. Jarrett will be a good player but the Falcons need one with size to take on the Soliali role I believe.

Pudge
Site Admin

Postby Pudge » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:09 am

It depends on how guys play. If Ricardo Allen has a good year, then the FS need becomes about finding a developmental starter that can replace/upgrade him in 2017 or later. If Allen is average, then the need is to find a better player if possible with greater sense of urgency. If Allen is bad, then it's a huge priority since the defense really needs to have a quality FS.

The other positions follow similar suit. We'll have to see how guys play this year to determine how big each position is needs. Some might be depth needs, some might be luxury needs, some might be medium priorities, and others might be huge priorities. Ask again in October ;)

Return to “The Huddle”