It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Whats up everyone
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:43 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Hey everyone, glad to be here and cant wait for the upcoming football season.. I've been looking for a Falcons community to be apart of for awhile, and this one kind of fell into my lap once I started following the twitter feed.

I'm a displaced Falcons fan currently residing in Central Pennsylvania, right outside of Penn State university.. I am a college student majoring in Elementary Education (with aspirations of being a basketball coach), engaged to a Raiders fan (she's slowly seeing the light of the Falcons though), and can't wait to move from the north, the plan currently is Myrtle Beach, SC once my fiance graduates in 2 years, and then out west to Phoenix once I graduate.

I'm one of the few people where I live that is not a Steelers fan, never really have been, mostly because of how utterly annoying their fan base is. Hate them more than any other team by far. My Falcons fandem started during the 1998 season, Jamal Anderson was by far my favorite player, and the dirty bird dance crave had me hooked.. 15 Years later, I am a huge Falcons fan. (damn it's really been 15 years)

Looking forward to posting with you all.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Whats up everyone
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:04 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I went to school in Pittsburgh (BTW Penn State sucks!), so I understand Steelers fans as most of my college buddies are them. But I also grew up in a household where my father and oldest brother are also Steeler fans, so I don't find them as annoying as you do. I actually find them quite endearing, and if the Falcons ever went away I'd proabbly root for them (or the Raiders).

Welcome!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:49 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

haha no Penn State here, the misses goes to school there but is a big Georgia fan, along with Georgia, I personally like Arizona State.. I should rephrase my hate for Pittsburgh Steelers fans, when I went to the Falcons-Steelers game a few years ago in Pitts, all the Steelers fans there were surprisingly really cool, tailgated with them and everything had a blast.. My irritation with them comes from the people in my city I guess haha. The ones that know 4 people on the team, but are the biggest s*** talkers ever, seems to be a lot of them.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:39 am 
Superstar
Superstar

If your looking for a site of out of Georgia Falcon Fans, this is it. Upstate NY here, welcome to the board.