Draught Guru
Draught Guru

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/pete- ... -surprises :ninja:

Post subject: Re: Prisco
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:46 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Crazy talk!

I can certainly see us finishing 12-4 this year. Bengals vs Falcons in the Superbowl... I don't see it. I'm thinking, Broncos vs Falcons.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:37 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

7 teams with 12+ wins. That's never happened, at least not since realignment. The most we've ever gotten was 6, both in 2003 and 2011. But we've had only 50 12+ win teams in the past 11 years, about 4.5 per year.

He has the Falcons winning 2 road playoff games to go to the Super Bowl. That's pretty crazy...IMO. The Falcons defense isn't good enough for that to happen, or at least I don't believe the Falcons have a defense that good enough. You have to be able to do something really well for that to happen, so unless the Falcons have an emergent pass rush or Trufant is one of the better rookie corners we've seen in a long time, then that ain't happening, unless the Falcons get really lucky on the offensive side of the ball and Julio Jones pulls a Larry Fitzgerald and puts up 150+ yards every week in January.

The Bengals seem to be a bit more plausible to win 2 road playoff agmes just because their defense has the potential to be a Top 5 unit. And if Dalton can be shades of Eli in 2007, then they got a shot.

He thinks New England will have more wins than the rest of the division combined? He really thinks the AFC East will be that bad? :shock:

I think some of his predictions fall into the trap that a lot of people fall into, by basically picking winners purely off who is perceived to be the better QB.

Pete Prisco wrote:
When I set out to do this again, I did so with the idea that I wanted to be different. I wanted to stay away from the chalk.

So what happens? I have a lot of chalk.

I can't help it. I see great quarterbacks, and big-time talent, and I think those teams will be good. I know they will be.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:43 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

He's given ATL props for a while when there were lots of naysayers but I think he needs to hear the three magic words...stop smoking pot. By the way, it is imperative that this be spoken in voice of John Lydon.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:47 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

For the Falcons to go to the Superbowl, either Trufant or Alford will need to play like a pro-bowler, and we will need one of our young defensive ends to show up.