It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:31 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NFR -- New Maddedn Includes Mobile Sunday Ticket
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:08 am 
Superstar
Superstar

http://www.amazon.com/Madden-Anniversar ... B00CF7KVMI

If you preorder the $99.99 version from Amazon, you get a code to redeem for mobile Sunday ticket.

"Get NFL Sunday Ticket on Computers, Tablets, and Mobile Devices
Exclusive to Amazon.com, the Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition combines all the innovation and authenticity of Madden NFL 25, a 17 week Madden Ultimate Team pack subscription, and exclusive offers for DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket. Each Anniversary Edition includes a special code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: NFR -- New Maddedn Includes Mobile Sunday Ticket
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:14 am 
Superstar
Superstar

People are finally figuring out that it's stupid to buy the same game with different graphics year after year, so EA is partnering with DirectTV to try to get some additional sales. They won't be getting my money.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:34 pm 

I picked up Madden this year after skipping it last year because of the DTV Sunday Ticket offer. I'm hoping this is a toe-in-the-water for non-DirecTV subscribe access to Sunday Ticket.

They did kick the price of the game up to $100 but that is a bargain to get both Madden AND Sunday Ticket via desktop/mobile. I can pump that to my TV set via many methods.

Winning.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:49 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Thanks for posting this. This is also my best option for getting the games during game time. I would happily pay $100 for Sunday Ticket, or even just all of the Falcons games. Great deal.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:49 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

More details on how it works http://kotaku.com/the-cheapest-way-to-w ... 1041559197

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:44 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Tried out the Sunday ticket code last night. It gives you an email address and password to log in to the site. From there I chose the option that I do not have access to Direct Tv and it let me enter the viewing portal. I updated login and password to one I could remember and was able to view several games from both pc and android app. Falcons vs Jax preseason feed was down, though Perhaps blackout rules? Amazon is still selling these if you're still considering it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:54 am 

If you live in the local viewing area for the home team you can't stream it on Sunday Ticket. This is true for full DTV subscribers as well. When I had Sunday Ticket many moons ago I had to watch the Seahawks on the local affiliate and not Sunday Ticket.

Good to know the login works from any PC/Tablet/Mobile device with the DirecTV app. I was a little worried about being restricted down to just the PC. With that knowledge I can easily get this up on my big screen!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:59 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Yep, blackout rules are in effect on Sunday ticket. Luckily, my brother (who still lives in Virginia) lets me use his online password so I can watch Falcon games. I just can't watch them when they play the Redskins.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:47 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I worked for DirecTV for 4 years doing tech support over the phone (worst job ever, however not working directly for DTV but a contracted company), this is going to infuriate customers because of my understanding when this information first got dropped was that this offer wasn't applicable for current DTV subscribers.. Anytime things like this are offered at a discount rate, everyone gets pissed.. lol glad I don't work there anymore.

As everyone else has said, blackout rules still apply, so if you are in the ATL area, you'll have to watch the games on the local channels, it's still nice for all the other games though, especially if you have a split household.

Profile E-mail