It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:10 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Seymour talks broken off
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:19 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

These tweets according to Jason La Canfora indicate that Seymour and the Falcons don't appear likely to be coming to an accord soon, although talks may pick up once we get closer to camp.

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statu ... 2532703232
Quote:
Falcons were trying to sign DL Richard Seymour but he tells me they couldn't agree on contract terms. "I thank them for their efforts."

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statu ... 7282277379
Quote:
Following up on the Richard Seymour/Falcons story from Sat night, he remains open to signing w/ATL before camp but off things off for now...

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statu ... 3755224064
Quote:
Worth noting Seymour lives in ATL and would like to be there and Falcons are in Super Bowl or bust mode. We'll see if $ is right later on

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Seymour talks broken off
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:40 am 
Rookie
Rookie

I am not overly concerned if Seymour doesn't happen. He isn't the player he once was; and I am getting sick of this Superbowl or Bust talk. We aren't the best team in the NFL so why is everyone saying it?!

I think Linebacker is a bigger need to add too than Defensive Tackle to be honest.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:12 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I started the superbowl or bust talk. The reasoning is simple, we don't appear to be building for the future. The signing of Umenyiora and Jackson scream, "win now!" That Matt Ryan is about to get a HUGE contract is the nail in the coffin. Unless the Falcons get a LOT better at drafting, this year is it.

Even so, there are still huge questions about the talent that we have on the team. Our offensive skill position players are top notch. Our offensive line is questionable. Our defensive line is a mess. We have one linebacker that's better than average, and a good part of our secondary is being retooled.

It is possible that we will make runs in the future, but I see the future as being more like the Buffalo Bills of the early 90's rather than the Patriots of the early 2000's.

I think that Pudge pointed out earlier that most superbowls, these days, are won by QBs BEFORE they get their big contract. Matt Ryan is due to get his big contract this year or next.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:00 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Robert wrote:
Quote:

Even so, there are still huge questions about the talent that we have on the team. Our offensive skill position players are top notch. Our offensive line is questionable. Our defensive line is a mess. We have one linebacker that's better than average, and a good part of our secondary is being retooled.

I agree and that's a reason their's no Super Bowl or bust. I mean some may think this,
that we're going to a Super Bowl; but have we improved the defense one bit??

I'm afraid this is team won't even get 25 sacks, while Ryan has his best chance for getting hurt!!