It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:59 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: All-time Team Re-Voting
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:36 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Hey guys, I mentioned before that I was thinking about revisiting the all-time team voting since it's been 5 years since it was first done on the board.

But I wanted to start this thread to suggest how I think it should be done to try and update things, as well as hear suggestions from you guys about how it should go.

If you may recall, previously we had each position group get voted on for a week, with those players receiving the most votes for their position group becoming starters. Then if there were tie-breakers that would be followed up by another week-long poll. And afterwards, there was a separate poll for "roster filler" which was to get the number from 45 position group players up to 53. In the end it resulted in the Top 53 players off all-time for the Falcons, and also factored in coaches too.

I'm thinking this time, just make new polls for each position group that included all of the players that received at least 1 vote 5 years ago, and then add at least one most deserving player from the past 5 years to see if there are any changes.

As before, people should be able to vote for multiple people at each position. The player(s) with the most vote become the starters, and then as before we can fill out the roster to get the best 53 players.

I don't think like before there needs to be a week-long voting for each position group. I think just throw up all the polls at once, and allow people to vote at their leisure (say over 30 days?).

Or maybe it should be 2 weeks for offense, 2 weeks for defense, and then 2 weeks of filler/ST/coaches to round things out?

Thoughts?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: All-time Team Re-Voting
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:05 am 

bump*

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:59 am 
Superstar
Superstar

I don't think its no one is interested; Why not show us the votes from 5 years ago then
we can add Tony G & Ryan all the others were here except those two and Julio. Their might be a few others but I'm not understanding starting from scratch.

Just wanted to comment so you didn't we were dead (:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:50 am 

Here's the forum that has all the polls from before.

viewforum.php?f=13

I'm just trying to get an idea of what people would prefer the voting process to be. We can figure out which players to add later.

I'm just curious if people want to just have it more of a free-for-all (kind of like how the annual awards voting is set up), or an ordered process like before (where you vote on position groups for a specific/finite period of time). And if the ordered process, what sort of ordered process...

Before the ordered process made sense since we were starting from scratch, and it basically covered the entire summer, leading all the way up to training camp as you may recall: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8017

Since we've already voted for the brunt of the team and thus will only be really voting on adding players e.g. Matt Ryan, Tony Gonzalez, John Abraham, etc. to replace people like Chris Miller, Junior Miller, Mike Gann, etc., then the ordered process probably isn't necessary. But one of the benefits of the weekly voting last time was we had some fairly good discussion for some of the position groups, and I'm curious if people want to do it again that way.

I'm just not sure if it's necessary to set up a week's worth of voting just to figure out whether Matt Ryan should replace Miller or Vick or whoever.

BTW, here's how the final roster turned out in case you're too lazy to spend the 18 seconds finding it :wink: : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8047

Profile E-mail