It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:14 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Richard Sherman Is Misjudged
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:51 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

FanVsFan - TJR Sports - Recognizing Who Richard Sherman Truly Is http://tjrsports.com/articles/recognizi ... ruly-is--2 via @fanvsfan

He's been in the headlines a lot lately, so I wrote something about him. His interview with Skip Bayless was very piss-poor, but i'm still a fan of Sherman. Great talent that needs to be recognized for it.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Richard Sherman Is Misjudged
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:33 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Sherman is good. He gained a lot of respect from me by his play in the playoffs.

As a player. Off the field, he's a douche. Don't let your off-field antics or persona overshadow your play. It never ends well for a player. In the long run, you wind up costing yourself money because of the perception that you're a troublemaker or uncoachable. Because you'll wind up spending more time fighting that perception, even if it's not true.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:08 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Pudge wrote:
Sherman is good. He gained a lot of respect from me by his play in the playoffs.

As a player. Off the field, he's a douche. Don't let your off-field antics or persona overshadow your play. It never ends well for a player. In the long run, you wind up costing yourself money because of the perception that you're a troublemaker or uncoachable. Because you'll wind up spending more time fighting that perception, even if it's not true.

You couldn't have said it better. No doubt that he's a douche, but I don't think the antics should overshadow how good he is. Right now he's known more for his attitude than play, which is a shame because he's on his way to becoming a superstar at a position where there aren't many left.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:29 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

It's kind of easy to hate on Sherman because of his personality... I don't know if he's doing it on purpose just for more attention and/or media hype ala Floyd Mayweather or if he's naturally just a douchebag. Who knows. But he had one excellent year and he's already acting like he's one of the best that's ever played. That's not to say that there's no chance he'll end up being that, but I think it's way too early in his career for him to be talking all that trash (especially to someone like Revis!). Prove yourself for a couple more years and then maybe...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:11 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Pudge wrote:

Agree. With each passing year I grow a greater fondness for the players who take advantage of the opportunity to shut up.