It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:16 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Miko is a C*NT
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:33 pm 
Offline
Draught Guru
Draught Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:32 am
Posts: 4910
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZkgnOUiH4E

Published on Mar 6, 2013


42" Today! #TheReturn is near! He will be ready! But, for who?

I cant speak for y'all, but I lost alot of respect for Grimes. His wife is f*ckin up his deal. That means she has his balls in her pocket. This settles it for me. Remember when it was said Grimes sat himself for the Giant Fiasco(tm)? How he wasn't keeing in touch with the FO and not using the facilities trainers and dr's? It is this sh*t right here that makes me want to believe it. In fact, I do. If your life partner is a malcontent, always bitching about money and respect, that stuff runs off on oyu. You find yourself 'agreeing' and 'defending' her. The tone of this YT post was clear: and it comes after we payed him 10 million too. His wife is a little b*ch, and it is looking more and more to me like Grimes might be too. Forgive me BnB and Pudge: but when I see stuff like this I DONT LIKE GRIMES. I dont care it;s 'not him' it's his wife. Be a man and tell her to STFU until the contract is done.

She probably has cost him millions by now. Where is his 'agent'? :doh:

Grimes will test the market, and most likely split. And, I think his best days are behind him. If TD is smart, he cut's his losses. :ninja:

McClain Time!

_________________
"what if there were no hypothetical situations?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Miko is a C*NT
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:46 pm 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:41 pm
Posts: 2335
Location: Albany NY
hmm... Gus is continuing his hate for Grimes and now his wife?? He has more conspiracy's for Grimes than the Tea party for Obama. Next Thread, Grimes was responsible for 9/11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


He's a good corner,nothing more nothing less, if financially it makes sense to resign him we do, if not we don't. Enough said.

_________________
When life gives you lemons, find some salt and tequila then invite me!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Miko is a C*NT
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:29 am 
Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:12 pm
Posts: 6148
Location: Planet Claire
Curb your wife, BG.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Miko is a C*NT
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:54 am 
Offline
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:03 pm
Posts: 25761
Location: North Carolina
fun gus wrote:
Remember when it was said Grimes sat himself for the Giant Fiasco

That was never said. You made that up. What was said was the following:

Dan Parr of PFW wrote:
Grimes, who underwent knee surgery in late November, missed four of the final five games of the regular season as he recovered from the procedure. He practiced on a limited basis two days prior to the Falcons' playoff loss to the Giants, though. The team was expecting him to suit up vs. the Giants, but he was added to the list of inactives the morning of the game and we hear some inside the organization were very surprised, and disappointed, that he didn't play.


But you interpreted that last bit as this:

fun gus imagined wrote:
The team was expecting him to suit up vs. the Giants, but he [decided he wanted to be] added to the list of inactives the morning of the game and we hear [the big wigs] inside the organization were very surprised, and disappointed, that he didn't play.


When none of that was said. As then, you are still missing the context.

Miko Grimes posts that video 6 days before free agency begins. Grimes doesn't have a deal. Wouldn't your assumption be that there is a chance that he is not a Falcon if the team has basically had since the end of July in 2011 to sign him to a long term deal, and has not done so.

So if you're trying to write a caption for a youtube vid you're about to post, and in Miko's shoes, you "know" that hubby is going to back. But what you don't know is where. Because none of us really know what the Falcons plans are. I think even before this lil' fit, you probably would have said Grimes chances of coming back to Atlanta were at best 50/50.

So then wouldn't it make sense to ponder the question which team hubby is going to be playing for.

Some you guys are like Rams fans. You hated Brenda Warner so much that you had no problem running Kurt out of town. Tom Brady is an punk because he can't keep a muzzle on that Brazilian beeyotch of his after the Super Bowl right? I don't get this. What was she supposed to say?

She didn't say, "And he's definitely going to be a Falcon 4ever!" and now that means Grimes is unlikable?

Look, don't you have friends that have wives/girlfriends that you may not be the biggest fans of. I get that if/when that is the case, you might spend less time with that person. But are you going to end the friendship outright? Does that make the guy that has been your friend for 14 years unlikable?

_________________
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Miko is a C*NT
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:44 am 
Offline
Draught Guru
Draught Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:32 am
Posts: 4910
Pudge wrote:
fun gus wrote:
Remember when it was said Grimes sat himself for the Giant Fiasco

That was never said. You made that up. What was said was the following:

Dan Parr of PFW wrote:
Grimes, who underwent knee surgery in late November, missed four of the final five games of the regular season as he recovered from the procedure. He practiced on a limited basis two days prior to the Falcons' playoff loss to the Giants, though. The team was expecting him to suit up vs. the Giants, but he was added to the list of inactives the morning of the game and we hear some inside the organization were very surprised, and disappointed, that he didn't play.


But you interpreted that last bit as this:

fun gus imagined wrote:
The team was expecting him to suit up vs. the Giants, but he [decided he wanted to be] added to the list of inactives the morning of the game and we hear [the big wigs] inside the organization were very surprised, and disappointed, that he didn't play.


When none of that was said. As then, you are still missing the context.

Miko Grimes posts that video 6 days before free agency begins. Grimes doesn't have a deal. Wouldn't your assumption be that there is a chance that he is not a Falcon if the team has basically had since the end of July in 2011 to sign him to a long term deal, and has not done so.

So if you're trying to write a caption for a youtube vid you're about to post, and in Miko's shoes, you "know" that hubby is going to back. But what you don't know is where. Because none of us really know what the Falcons plans are. I think even before this lil' fit, you probably would have said Grimes chances of coming back to Atlanta were at best 50/50.

So then wouldn't it make sense to ponder the question which team hubby is going to be playing for.

Some you guys are like Rams fans. You hated Brenda Warner so much that you had no problem running Kurt out of town. Tom Brady is an punk because he can't keep a muzzle on that Brazilian beeyotch of his after the Super Bowl right? I don't get this. What was she supposed to say?

She didn't say, "And he's definitely going to be a Falcon 4ever!" and now that means Grimes is unlikable?

Look, don't you have friends that have wives/girlfriends that you may not be the biggest fans of. I get that if/when that is the case, you might spend less time with that person. But are you going to end the friendship outright? Does that make the guy that has been your friend for 14 years unlikable?



Let's break this down. AND-for the record, you guys know I loved Grimes, and the only time I started 'not' liking him was after this was written:

"we hear some inside the organization were very surprised, and disappointed, that he didn't play"

Im not going to play 'the definition of IS' here. The 'context' in that report was clear. Now, maybe the team Dr's examined Grimes the day of the playoff game, and benched him against Grime's 'wishes'. But if that were the case, I would have expected to hear more about it in that offseason, and I did not. I would have thought MightyMouthMiko would have had SOMETHING to say about this report:or his agent. BUt I heard nothing. :roll:

Strike One.

Then, we get the reports like Brent didn't show up after getting tagged right away in April


http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-bl ... g-program/


"
“The workouts or phase one, will be voluntary and that’s something that we can’t control,” Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff said. “Obviously, we’d like to have him in the building, but those are voluntary.”

.....and then things aren't so 'rosy' during his rehab..That there seems to be a disconnect ( Dave Archer) . Grimes is not reporting in or using the facilities enough. Doesn't hang with the teammates and seems uninspired..I heard that on his show, so I cant post a link, but if you look at the OFMB you will see I'm not the only one who heard him say that. Strike Two.

Then, this YT vid. Strike THREE. Your out. :mrgreen:

You got Dan Parr, DOL AND Dave Archer ALL reporting there may be 'something amiss' between the FO and Grimes. And for the record: it may all be hot air. Maybe Grimes didn't want to use what the Falcons were providing? That is his right: and he might even be smart to do that...BUt even if that were the case: why wouldn't he get on the radio, send an email or address these 'rumors'? Seems to me Miko doesn't seem to have a problem speaking out when she believes a media person is 'out to get her man'

http://www.foxsportssouth.com/08/02/11/ ... kID=543617



“Im very passionate about my man yall so please forgive me for lettin him have it via twitter. But nobody (expletive) on my boo & gets away with it”.

Gee, you would think that someone thats 'passionate' would have SOMETHING to say about him sitting himself out. At least go on Twitter and call it as BS. I mean, she doesn't seem to have a problem doing that, right?

So, in THAT context, you don't find the 'wording' of Miko's text a little but unnerving?

"You hated Brenda Warner so much that you had no problem running Kurt out of town. Tom Brady is an punk because he can't keep a muzzle on that Brazilian beeyotch of his after the Super Bowl right? I don't get this. What was she supposed to say?"

well, nothing. BUt, did either of these women loudly complain about thier husbands $$$? Im pretty sure Brady's wife said nothing of his contract: she is 5x richer then he is right now. So those points dont stand. :snooty:


"So then wouldn't it make sense to ponder the question which team hubby is going to be playing for."

No, it would not 'make sense'. It would actually not make sense to f*ck up his agents negotiations. Because, like it or not, 'Miko' has made herself part of the deal.


"Look, don't you have friends that have wives/girlfriends that you may not be the biggest fans of. I get that if/when that is the case, you might spend less time with that person. But are you going to end the friendship outright? Does that make the guy that has been your friend for 14 years unlikable?"

Well, first Grimes has not been here 14 years. And: this is a business, not 'friendship'. And yes, I have a couple friends who I have lost because of thier wives, and I wouldn;t be surprised if MY wife ran off a couple of my old undesirables as well. One of my best and dearest friends from high school married a superdevout SuperChristian, and I had to cut him loose. NO beers, no swearing, cant see him on friday or sunday, etc etc. You will find this out later when you get married Pudge :wink:

Look: Im not a caveman. I dont strut around the house saying 'that b*tch better not sass me tonight!'. In fact, my wife is smarter then me, and I give her leeway to make decisions for us most of the time, because most of the times: she is right. But, I am a talented guy. If I got a contract for my talents, and her social media was about to screw that up. I would put a stop to that.

There may be an 'I' in Miko and Grimes, but not in 'team'.

Now either two things are true: either there is a disconnect, and it's being reported, or guys like Dan Parr, Dave Archer and Jeff Schultz are towing the 'company line' in order to affect the negotiation process. Im going with the former, because it makes more sense to me.

I dont think Grimes will be here. And right now, thats fine by me.

_________________
"what if there were no hypothetical situations?"


Last edited by fun gus on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Miko is a C*NT
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:36 am 
Offline
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:03 pm
Posts: 25761
Location: North Carolina
fun gus wrote:
Now, maybe the team Dr's examined Grimes the day of the playoff game, and benched him against Grime's 'wishes'. But if that were the case, I would have expected to hear more about it in that offseason, and I did not

You heard EVERYTHING! The team tagged him. That was all the proof you needed to know that thing was not true! Has there been anything that Mike Smith or Thomas Dimitroff have done in the past 5 years that have indicated that they would reward a player with over $10 million guaranteed if that player had made the decision to sit himself?

Of course people were surprised. We All were. We all thought that with Grimes practicing on Friday, it would mean he would play Sunday. So when it was discovered that he was inactive Sunday morning, I think the entire world was surprised. And I think anybody that understands how valuable Grimes was for this team would have been disappointed.

And I suspect because you're a father, you interpret the word "disappointed" slightly different than most, as if it meant that they were disappointed in him as opposed to disappointed in the situation.

fun gus wrote:
Then, we get the reports things aren't so 'rosy' during his rehab..That there seems to be a disconnect ( Dave Archer) . Grimes is not reporting in or using the facilities enough. Strike Two.

That's not a strike.

fun gus wrote:
No, it would not 'make sense'. It would actually not make sense to f*ck up his agents negotiations.

But she's not messing up his negotiations, she's actually helping. If the Falcons and Grimes are negotiating a deal, his only leverage is the threat of him walking. So suggesting that he might not be a Falcon, actually helps him create more leverage for him.

What has happened here is that you have gotten yourself into this whole anti-Grimes frenzy over the past 13 months that you are really blowing things out of proportion. You've spent that time looking for reasons to get rid of Grimes and thus are making small insignificant things into huge deals. Your bias is so great that you've taken an insignificant statement "but for who" as some grand insult or slap in the face of hte organization.

Look you're not alone. You aren't the first Falcon fan to basically take the stance of "F Grimes because of his loud-mouthed wife." Bitch need to know her place, right?

:roll:

_________________
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Miko is a C*NT
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:47 am 
Offline
Draught Guru
Draught Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:32 am
Posts: 4910
Pudge wrote:
[
You heard EVERYTHING! The team tagged him. That was all the proof you needed to know that thing was not true! Has there been anything that Mike Smith or Thomas Dimitroff have done in the past 5 years that have indicated that they would reward a player with over $10 million guaranteed if that player had made the decision to sit himself?


:roll:





Image


they also paid that guy 8 million and he decided to 'sit himself' but everyone was shocked,SHOCKED when they cut his ass. And why did they give him the $$? Because they did not have another solution. Same with Grimes.

"Look you're not alone. You aren't the first Falcon fan to basically take the stance of "F Grimes because of his loud-mouthed wife." Bitch need to know her place, right?"

Image

I disagre. Im only going on what info I can find. I could be wrong: maybe they cut a deal with him and he comes in and plays great and is a fantastic teammate. But, if they don't resign him, I am not going to rule out the possibility that he is being a diva. And it appears that all the fanboys will refuse to see that as a possibilty, which is cool too. :beef:

_________________
"what if there were no hypothetical situations?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Miko is a C*NT
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:34 pm 
Offline
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:03 pm
Posts: 25761
Location: North Carolina
Did Ray Edwards get paid before or after he sat himself? Before, right? So how does it apply?

fun gus wrote:
And it appears that all the fanboys will refuse to see that as a possibilty, which is cool too.

Like I said back in January 2012, this whole "controversy" has never been about being a diva/character, it's always been about money.

You got caught up in the 2nd paragraph of that article about Grimes. I'm going to do you a favor and re-post that article with that paragraph removed, and I want you to re-read it and see if you come to a different (and better) interpretation.

Quote:
Our Falcons sources expect CB Brent Grimes, who is due to become an unrestricted free agent this offseason, to be playing for a different team next season.

[...]

The Falcons were encouraged by the performance of CBs Dominique Franks and Chris Owens down the stretch, and the team will be looking to have the cap flexibility to re-sign some of its other core players. We hear that Grimes, the team's top corner, is likely to price himself out of the team's range.

Then read this tweet from the author that he sent a few hours later as a clarification:

Dan Parr wrote:
On #Falcons CB Brent Grimes - it's not that team doesn't think he's a good player. He will be an expensive player. Expect him to move on.


Look, if the Falcons make the decision to move on from Grimes, I get it. He's a 29-year old cornerback that is coming off a major injury and there are potentially cheaper alternatives to be had. If Grimes signs elsewhere, it'll be because they offered more than the Falcons. If that's the case, then fine I get it. The Falcons have the right to put a particularly value on Grimes because of his age, injuries, and the play of Asante & McClain since then. Maybe they think that's worth $$ while Grimes' camp thinks he's worth $$$$.

But I want to stress two things... (1) If the Falcons feel that way, that's fine. But I wouldn't automatically assume that they are right. All you have to do is look at the Justin Blalock/Harvey Dahl situation to know that sometimes this team doesn't do a good job assessing the value of free agents. Throw Ray Edwards, Dunta Robinson into that equation. When it comes to trading players, Laurent Robinson, Tony Gonzalez, Julio Jones, and Asante Samuel, their success rate is a little stronger. But when it comes to evaluating the price tags of free agents, not so much. John Abraham is re-signed to a 3-yr. deal last off-season, and the Falcons cut him a year later despite teh fact that he was arguably the defensive MVP. The Falcons gave Stephen Nicholas a 5-yr. deal after the lockout, and he barely played the ensuing season.

(2) I want you to re-read the first and last lines of that article written by Parr. With the first line, Parr's source is basically wrong through the value of hindsight. Grimes did not walk. The team valued Grimes enough that they kept him under the franchise tag. Now the source is right in the sense that Grimes' contract demands were apparently too rich for the Falcons because they never gave him a long-term deal, but it didn't lead to his departure.

I'm stressing this point, becuase one of your big premises for why you feel what you feel about Grimes and how you feel justified is your belief that the Falcons have soured on Grimes as a person and player.

When all of the evidence suggests the contrary. They valued him enough as a player a year ago to tag him. They valued him enough as a player that when camp started, ASante Samuel was the nickel cornerback when many people thought Asante was a replacement.

You should also note that at the Combine Mike Smith talked about Brent Grimes, and specifically said that he was making progress and putting in good work at the facilities, essentially refuting Archer's previous comments.

Mike Smith wrote:
Q: What is the rehab status of Brent Grimes and will you all franchise tag him?
A: Brent Grimes has been doing an outstanding job with our athletic performance department, working in the training room. He is progressing well. Again, that was a significant injury that took place in Kansas City on opening weekend. But he has not been out working outside. He’s still working in the training room, but he is progressing very well.


Now maybe in a few days we find out that Brent Grimes departs for greener pastures. But I think most of the evidence suggests that the Falcons want him back.

_________________
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Miko is a C*NT
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:59 pm 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:15 pm
Posts: 4190
MightyMouthMiko wrote:
This Mark Davenport gotta be the biggest IDIOT in the world! Who told u I was his agent? I sure as hell didnt! That's the problem with some of the fans here, u guys think u know everything. The one's that talk the most, are usually the dumbest. The Falcons paid him 10mil last year because they didnt want anyone else to have him on their team. Get it right dumb ass! My attitude has nothing to do with his contract u dumb f***! Im his wife! I dont have a contract with the Falcons.

This woman is an idiot. Grimes would do well to tell her to shut the hell up. And let me make sure I'm being clear, I have absolutely no problem at all with women who speak their minds. In this particular case, this woman is an idiot, and running her mouth may, in fact, cost Brent money/opportunity.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Miko is a C*NT
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:10 pm 
Offline
Draught Guru
Draught Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:32 am
Posts: 4910
Pudge, I get your point. It seems to me your saying IF the Falcons let him go, it's 'only' because of his age/price/injury. That the fact that they tagged him was 'proof positive' they had no issue with him possibly sitting out or not reporting to OTA's, or not using the facilities enough. I may even come around to that POV, but for now my gut is telling me there is something else in Denmark thats smellls.

Now, I may counter that the issues you mentioned above PLUS the fact that he may not be the best teammate AND the fact that along with Grimes comes his wife could ALL be reasons to let him walk.

Now, if it comes out later that some of these things that were being reported were true, then I'll be quick to point that out. 8-) I can see some J Schultz article in a couple days or weeks where he says 'Grimes and the F.O. were not seeing eye to eye, there had been some bad blood stemming from the postseason of 2012 and his refusal to arrive voluntaruiy at OTA's tand his vociferous wife all combined with his price tag and injury made this decision all but inevitable'...NOw if that happens, I was right.

But if they resign him, or he leaves and it is never mentioned in the press about these issues, then Fun Gus will EABOD , admit I was wrong , and return to my regular scheduled programming :P

we will see.. :ninja:

_________________
"what if there were no hypothetical situations?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Miko is a C*NT
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:09 pm 
Offline
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:03 pm
Posts: 25761
Location: North Carolina
We'll see what happens. It's definitely going to make things interesting.

I just wonder what the reports will read like. Miko will have her perspective, and the team will have theirs. Who knows who is speaking the truth.

And look I don't want to be on the side that "backs" Miko. I have no positive feelings towards, because I don't want to make hateful or sexist comments, I will leave it at that. But her opinion/perspective/attitude in regards to this matter are fairly common. Grimes' camp (and by that I'm combining Grimes, his wife, and his agent) believe that his career path and performance deserves significant compensation. And it's clear that the Falcons do not agree, otherwise they would have come to terms. Has this caused bad blood between the two parties? Perhaps, and that may cause the split.

I'm just tired of all the excuses that people are using to justify letting Grimes walk. The simple truth is that if Grimes walks it all stems from this team overpaying Dunta Robinson. Had the team had not paid as much to Dunta, they might have had some left over to pay Grimes, who earned/deserved that big contract. And they paid Dunta because Chris Houston didn't work out. And they had to rely on Houston working out because they traded DeAngelo Hall. And they traded DeAngelo Hall because he led a locker room mutiny after the team cut Grady Jackson. See, it's all connected. :shock:

_________________
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Miko is a C*NT
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:00 pm 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:15 pm
Posts: 4190
Grimes' camp has their head in the clouds. "They paid him 10 million because they didn't want anyone else to have him?" Talk about delusions of grandeur. There's no player in the NFL that I would give money to specifically so that other teams couldn't have him. Teams pay people because they are valuable to them, not because of their value to someone else. If he was that valuable to someone else, they would have traded him. It's incredible to me that people let money screw up their perspective so badly.

And again, Brent would do well to ask her to be quiet during this time period.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Miko is a C*NT
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:09 pm 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:51 pm
Posts: 4859
Location: New York
Pudge wrote:
We'll see what happens. It's definitely going to make things interesting.

I just wonder what the reports will read like. Miko will have her perspective, and the team will have theirs. Who knows who is speaking the truth.

And look I don't want to be on the side that "backs" Miko. I have no positive feelings towards, because I don't want to make hateful or sexist comments, I will leave it at that. But her opinion/perspective/attitude in regards to this matter are fairly common. Grimes' camp (and by that I'm combining Grimes, his wife, and his agent) believe that his career path and performance deserves significant compensation. And it's clear that the Falcons do not agree, otherwise they would have come to terms. Has this caused bad blood between the two parties? Perhaps, and that may cause the split.

I'm just tired of all the excuses that people are using to justify letting Grimes walk. The simple truth is that if Grimes walks it all stems from this team overpaying Dunta Robinson. Had the team had not paid as much to Dunta, they might have had some left over to pay Grimes, who earned/deserved that big contract. And they paid Dunta because Chris Houston didn't work out. And they had to rely on Houston working out because they traded DeAngelo Hall. And they traded DeAngelo Hall because he led a locker room mutiny after the team cut Grady Jackson. See, it's all connected. :shock:



DeAngelo Hall had to be drafted because Ray Buchanan became a senior citizen. Alright just had to finish it off, great stuff.

_________________
Image

R.I.P 2013 season


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Miko is a C*NT
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:41 am 
Offline
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:03 pm
Posts: 25761
Location: North Carolina
RobertAP wrote:
Grimes' camp has their head in the clouds. "They paid him 10 million because they didn't want anyone else to have him?" Talk about delusions of grandeur. There's no player in the NFL that I would give money to specifically so that other teams couldn't have him. Teams pay people because they are valuable to them, not because of their value to someone else. If he was that valuable to someone else, they would have traded him. It's incredible to me that people let money screw up their perspective so badly.

And again, Brent would do well to ask her to be quiet during this time period.

It's not that crazy from their perspective. When you look at many of the players tagged in the preceding off-seasons, you see a bunch of guys that got tagged, but then the following year were playing elsewhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franchise_ ... ed_players

It was like 75% of the players tagged in the preceding three off-seasons did not get long-term deals from their teams. See, from the players perspective, the franchise tag is designed to prevent a player from playing elsewhere, not because teams want them. If you wanted a player, you would sign them. But the majority of teams in recent seasons tagged players, really with no intention of giving them long-term deals, which basically in the minds of players and agents is designed to keep them from shopping themselves around and presumably taking the money from another team.

BTW, the tag & trade doesn't happen very much. Only 2 times in the past 5 years, with like 60 something players tagged in that span.

_________________
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: