It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:45 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Aikman and Buck
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:00 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

So we finally get the 'Prime Crew' for a game this season. You know what this reminds me of? 1998! It wasn't until the NFC Championship that the Falcons were deemed worthy of Madden making the calls from the booth. I mean, Aikman and Buck were at the 2nd and 3rd seed game this week, not the #1 Seed Falcons, just another way to show how little respect we get. My only take away, I hope we stick it in the networks face just like 1998!

J. Mora JR.

Post subject: Re: Aikman and Buck
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:58 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Well GB and San Fran are "national" teams. Atlanta and Seattle definitely are not. Although ATL/SEA pulled better ratings, I bet that has a lot to do with having a Sat night game vs. Sunday day game.

I prefer Billick and Charles Davis, because they are very pro-Falcons. And Kenny, Moose, and Goose, well because of the greatness of Tony Siragusa.

Let's Go Pitt!

But I got no beef with Aikman/Buck. I mean, they have all those Cowboys afternoon losses to broadcast, they've just been too busy for the Falcons. Frankly, besides NO-ATL and NYG-ATL, what other game should they have done? The Falcons had the league's weakest schedule, you really think they should be doing ATL-CAR or ATL-ARI games?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:34 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Aikman and Buck are awful imho... Glad they haven't been doing our games. They focus on the big story and don't get into the details of the game. They announce for people that don't know the game and talk to the viewers like they are idiots.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:46 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

DaveWaz wrote:
Aikman and Buck are awful imho... Glad they haven't been doing our games. They focus on the big story and don't get into the details of the game. They announce for people that don't know the game and talk to the viewers like they are idiots.

I agree with this. One thing I like about Gruden on MNF is he goes into details regarding scheme and so forth. I also like the guys Pudge is talking about. I'm not all that picky about announcers though. As to brand recognition, yeah, I think SEA and aTL are similar. If you asked fans across the league to rattle off all 32 teams I betboth of them would steadily be in the last ten the average fan could come up with along with JAX, AZ, etc. No biggie. Besides Vick and Deion we have not been known for having outlandish and "pop worthy' players.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:23 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

ATL does seem to win the Billick games pretty consistently.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:43 am 

DaveWaz wrote:

Still better than anything CBS can roll out...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:16 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Pudge wrote:
Still better than anything CBS can roll out...

You're not setting the bar very high there, boss.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:16 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Pudge wrote:
Well GB and San Fran are "national" teams. Atlanta and Seattle definitely are not. Although ATL/SEA pulled better ratings, I bet that has a lot to do with having a Sat night game vs. Sunday day game.

I prefer Billick and Charles Davis, because they are very pro-Falcons. And Kenny, Moose, and Goose, well because of the greatness of Tony Siragusa.

Let's Go Pitt!

But I got no beef with Aikman/Buck. I mean, they have all those Cowboys afternoon losses to broadcast, they've just been too busy for the Falcons. Frankly, besides NO-ATL and NYG-ATL, what other game should they have done? The Falcons had the league's weakest schedule, you really think they should be doing ATL-CAR or ATL-ARI games?

I don't totatlly disagree with this, but if it was Dal - Car then those two would have done the game. I know there were only a couple of games that were probably worthy of the first crew, but this was one of the first times that I really felt Fox chose which team for which game based on ratings instead of the quality of the teams/game.

On KMG, I agree completely. I would rather watch them or Billick or even Gumble/Dierdorf.