It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:57 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I'm buying in
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:36 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Last night, I'm sitting in front of my comp thinking about the win, and I just figured, you know what I'm going to buy in on this team. Why not?

Against Seattle, most of the evidence pointed to the Seahawks winning that game. But I figured the matchup was close enough that a certain "intangible" quality the Falcons possessed would get them over that hump. So my heart bought in and felt that the Falcons would win.

This week against the 49ers, I'm not sure the matchup is that close. And thus my head tells me there is a decent chance that the Falcons get run off the field and smoked by 20+ points.

But I say screw it. We'll win on Sunday because this team is "special."

And I know most of you guys probably think this way all the time about the Falcons. I'm removing the stick from my butt, and I'm just going to appreciate the fact that the Falcons are in the NFC Championship Game, and it's been 8 years since that was the case. And it could easily be twice as long before that happens again.

So regardless of Sunday's result I'm going to enjoy this week. Even if it's a 40-14 beatdown at the hands of the 49ers, I don't envision myself being too distraught over it. If we win, then fun gus can expect a big fat smooch on the mouth. :wub: :up:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: I'm buying in
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:41 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Congrats, Pudge. You may now sit at the adult table.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:09 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Well, we certainly aren't going to blow out the 49ers, so there are two ways this game can go. We get blown out, 30-40% chance it happens or it is supper close 60-70% chance. With that being said I give us an 80% chance of winning a close game, since that's just what we have done all year long. Alas, I wind up in a coin flip.... My heart says, Atlanta will win, My mind says San Fran, and my c*** keeps thinking of this blonde two desks down at work.

Anyways, here's to one of the coolest weeks we've had in a long time, don't stress it, enjoy it :up:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:39 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

For me the only thing " special" about this team is they keep winning while only seeming
to play good 3 quarters. I think Sunday they won't get away with playing only 3 good quarters. If we play 4 good quarters I think we win.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:57 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

I've been all in. Its the only way I can explain nearly having a heart attack at the ripe age of 23 from a damned football game.

I haven't been this emotionally invested in one of our squads since I became a fan.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:46 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Im having a slight dilemna. Any advice is appreciated.

I have two extra tix for this sundays game. Upper 300's, the face value is 75$ but on Stub Hub they're going for 209$ a piece....I have some Falcons fans that told me they would give me 180$ for each ticket.

Now, normally I let my wife bring one of her friends. But she doesn't have any hardcore Falcons female fans. I adamantly told her she is not bringing the sisterin law, because thats who we took to the Green Bay loss, and she screwed up one of my sundays this season where I got two extra tix to bring the nephews and the backed out at the last minute (saints game!)..

I also have a 'special' 7 year old boy. Im vaccilating on letting him come to the NFCCG. One reason is he doesn't really 'get' football yet, and I wouldnt be sitting next to him anyways as these other two tickets are in a different section. One one hand, sharing this experience with a win would be something he would remember for the rest of his life. But conversely, the only thing that would hurt more then a loss is seeing him get his hopes crushed. He is a sensitive kid, and I am really overprotective.

But also: that 360$ could go along way to paying for a room In New Olrleans on Feb 3rd. I mean a decent hotel on Canal Street is gonna be about 290$. If I dont get a SB ticket, that extra 60$ can buy alot of Bourbon and Beer...

Am I wrong to think maybe I should wait a couple years and bring him back in the playoffs maybe when he' like 9 or 10 years old? Or is this a once in a lifetime thing that I should just suck it up and let him come and just deal with whatever happens?

The other thing is a little selfish on my part. I dont want to have to worry about him and momma over in section 328 surrounded by drunken hooligans.I just want to enjoy the game. Not have to worry about swearing or too many beers, etc...My wife said a friend of hers has an extra ticket she could buy, so she could go too, although I may warn Pudge this friend of hers a an ugly old troll.And she tries to hook this one up with any man possible. I told her to leave you alone, but if you really need to plant one on somebody after the game, Tasha wouldn't object :ninja:

what do you guys think? :?:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:52 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Gus sell em, and have a blast yourself, as a Falcon fan you've earned it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:55 am 

fun gus wrote:
My wife said a friend of hers has an extra ticket she could buy, so she could go too, although I may warn Pudge this friend of hers a an ugly old troll.And she tries to hook this one up with any man possible. I told her to leave you alone, but if you really need to plant one on somebody after the game, Tasha wouldn't object

:? :so: :hihi: :dance:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:57 am 
Superstar
Superstar

The words Pudge and standards never really were used in the same sentence eh? :wub:

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:52 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Roll with it, Pudge. The odds probably say it's a 65/35 game. I'm ok with 35%...let's take that and do something with it.

If we get down I want to see them skying the ball to Julio and some 4 foot jumping attempts.

If the Falcons solve the magic of the read option QB this week, we'll all be in for fun.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:17 am 

Emmitt wrote:
The words Pudge and standards never really were used in the same sentence eh? :wub:

Standards, I don't even know the meaning of the word!

Profile E-mail