It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: helmet decals
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:55 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Will anyone out there help me please?

I recently bought a used Falcon's helmet with the retro dirty-bird on it and I would like to update it with the newer Falcon logo. I have searched high and low but apparently I'm not keying in the correct words. Most of the time when I search for helmet decal it will be of the whole helmet and not just "the Bird"

I did manage to pick up a set on e-bay but they were stickers for a window because "the Birds" were both flying in the same direction and this is not acceptable for my beloved helmet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Holidays
Hope the Birds will be flying high "IN NEW ORLEANS" (IT'S OUR TURN) :fingersx:

Jordan

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: helmet decals
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:41 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dude, the old helmets are the cool ones! Leave it be!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:53 am 
Playmaker
Playmaker

After searching, I found way too many different items (decals of helmets, mini-decals for helmets) and no reverse logo. Clearly cost is an issue, but I think you might have to contact a custom decal maker. I would imagine that you would have to create one larger than the actual size if you are going to cover up the old logo. You might also have the images printed on some kind of heat-transfer laminate.

Like bnb, I'd also go the path of sentimentality. My wife and in-laws are great people who shower me in Falcons gear (sweatshirts, gnomes, flash drives), but for a long time, my only "Falcons gear" was a little red football helmet I used to run around in as a kid.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:52 am 
Rookie
Rookie

backnblack wrote:

I'm a dude-ette BTW and thanks for the reply. I am not in a hurry to change it because I bought it for that reason.(retro bird) I just wanted to have to new logo's for a back up. This is the real predicament. Whomever put the logos on the helmet got the angle of the bird too far back and they are crooked. I'm scared to try and peel them off because they are great quality decals.Very authentic.

When I stare at it, it just pisses me off because I know if I go out with it on that, that will be the first thing that some will diss me on. "The crooked birds"

Do you know where I can get some high quality helmet logo's?
Retro or new style?

Go Falcon's

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:05 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

http://www.stickergiant.com/falcons-hel ... lm031.html

will this help? :ninja:

or, actually you can ge this one and just use the helmet sized logo over the old one?:

http://www.stickergiant.com/falcons-ult ... sf015.html

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:13 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

give_em_th_bird wrote:
backnblack wrote:

I'm a dude-ette BTW and thanks for the reply. I am not in a hurry to change it because I bought it for that reason.(retro bird) I just wanted to have to new logo's for a back up. This is the real predicament. Whomever put the logos on the helmet got the angle of the bird too far back and they are crooked. I'm scared to try and peel them off because they are great quality decals.Very authentic.

When I stare at it, it just pisses me off because I know if I go out with it on that, that will be the first thing that some will diss me on. "The crooked birds"

Do you know where I can get some high quality helmet logo's?
Retro or new style?

Go Falcon's

Dudette... :lol: There used to be these two kind of redneck drug dealing girls down this way we calle dthe Dudettes because they always said, "Dude..." Just sort of an generic, genderless expression. But, no, don't know where to find such a logo. I would think any person going out in public wearing a football helmet would be immune to trifling criticism. But I'm kind of OCD about that sort of thing too so I feel your pain.