It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: double nickles in the house
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:19 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

so..last night my kid had a holiday concert at Ebenezer Baptist Church. For those that aren't aware, that is a famous church downtown that once was MLK's domain. I guess they let the kids from ANCS use it every year.

Im sitting in the pew and I look over to my left, and there in the pew to my right was none other then John Abraham! My wife snapped a pic, I'll try to get her to post it for I can link it.

I dont know why he was there. Either he has a kid that goes to ANCS, is dating someone who has a kid there, but it sure was him. I didnt have the courage to approach him, plus I figured it wouldn't be wise. With TG, he was in a bar I was playing at, so maybe the beer fueled my outgoingness.

But still pretty cool seeing him. When the kids were singing some spanish christmas song, he was mouthing the words, like he had been practicing with the kid.

pretty cool! Image

Post subject: Re: double nickles in the house
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:52 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

You don't mess with the Predator. He might eat you. Or call you out like he did Emmitt.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:00 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Pudge wrote:
You don't mess with the Predator. He might eat you. Or call you out like he did Emmitt.

I'm a victim! Still love Abraham and remains to be one of my three favorite Falcons on the roster.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:31 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... l-of-fame/

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 15, 2012, 12:45 PM EST

AP
Falcons defensive end John Abraham knows where he ranks on the NFL’s all-time career sack list, and he likes where his ranking puts him among the great pass rushers in NFL history.

In fact, Abraham told Mike Garafolo of USA Today that he believes as he keeps climbing up the sack charts, he’s going to earn a spot in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

“I’m not saying I’m solidified as one, but I definitely have a chance to be if I continue to play the way I’m playing and get a couple of more years out of this raggedy body of mine and put some more numbers up,” Abraham said. “I’m 13th overall right now [in career sacks] and, if I can play well enough, I can get in the top 10 or top five. That would be nice.”

Abraham has 122 sacks in his career, and with five more he’ll pass Hall of Famer Derrick Thomas for No. 12 all time. The 34-year-old Abraham, who has 10 sacks through 13 games this season, could realistically record 38.5 more sacks in his career, which is what he needs to move ahead of Kevin Greene for No. 3 all time. But Greene has been voted down several times by the Hall of Fame Selection Committee, so there’s no guarantee that reaching No. 3 all time would put Abraham in Canton.

And Abraham doesn’t have any realistic chance of passing Bruce Smith and Reggie White, who at 200 and 198 sacks respectively are first and second in NFL history. So No. 3 all-time is as high as Abraham is going to get. (It’s also worth noting that sacks have only been an official statistic since 1982, so we’ll never know how many sacks some of the great players of the past, like Deacon Jones, recorded.)

So while Abraham has had a career he deserves to be proud of, he probably needs at least a few more good years before he gets to Canton. And even that may not be enough.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:32 pm 

Unless Abraham helps the Falcons win a ring between now and 2014 (when his contract expires), I don't think he's going to the Hall.

I think that's the main reason why Greene hasn't gotten in. Although that might be a pretty weak argument. Greene played in 6 conference championship games, and only once was his team good enough to win that and go to the Super Bowl ('95 Steelers).

But you know that's just me again, thinking that Super Bowl titles are overrated.

Profile E-mail