It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:30 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MNF's Kobyashi Maru
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:15 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

this is a tough one.

I mean, I can't 'root' for the Iggles. Even one without Dogkilla behind center... But maybe Foles comes in and has a lights out night, and Vick is now faced with even more issues. Maybe it keeps the pitchforks off of Ried and Co, so they can keep screwing up the franchise for a littlw while longer...

But....

I always root for the flaming destruction of any conference opponents. But, maybe SuperCam pulls this one out. Then they go on to win against KC the following week. They lose to us, then they win vs Chargers and Raiders. Or hell, just split those two. That leaves them facing the last game of the season vs the Saints. Who will be clawing and scratching as well. Do we want a depleted team to face the Aints then? Plus: think about the draft picks!

so who to root for tonight, in the worst matchup of the year?! :?

Post subject: Re: MNF's Kobyashi Maru
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:32 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I'm rooting for a tie... Seems about right.

Post subject: Re: MNF's Kobyashi Maru
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:13 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Root for a good football game. That's what I do mostly when a team not named the Atlanta Falcons are playing. And then based on how the game begins, then I will pick a side. For instance, last night in the NYG-GB game, I didn't really care who won (both teams are going to be playoff teams and have about as equal a chance of potentially playing the Falcons and subsequently beating them), but once the Giants started to put the smackdown on the Packers, I relished in that and wished for it to continue.

Although I guess if you were forcing me to choose. I'd rather see the Panthers win. I take a bit more pleasure in seeing Vick struggle than I do Newton. Not to mention, the more the Panthers lose, the more likely it is that Rivera is not prowling the sidelines next year, thus likely giving them a substantially better chance of becoming good in the future.

Profile E-mail