It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Julio Huh? Run Defense!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:26 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

So who wants to bash Julio this week? Played his best game as a Falcon and he wasn't even 100%. I'd love to hear some of the bashing based off this game. Overall great team win and I can't really complain except a few breakdowns in coverage. The run defense was incredible today as well shutting down a top 10 running back. How about Asante Samuel fighting through an injury and making the play at the end of the game.. Overall tough win that Atlanta really deserved.

Give the ball to Rodgers more please, he had his break out game in both aspects as a running back.

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Julio Huh? Run Defense!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:42 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

OK, I'll bite. Julio drops too many passes..TD passes. He's a beast though and I am certainly not in the JJ Haters Club. He's had questionable hands going back to his AL days. Matt has really gotten the deep pass together this year. Way to shut us up, MR! Now, it is Julio's turn!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:46 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

The Ball Julio dropped wasn't a great pass, it was behind him. Other than that pretty much a perfect game for Julio. Great down field blocking by him as well. My only concern with the Falcons is why we keep putting Turner in, both of the other backs are outplaying him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:56 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

DaveWaz wrote:
The Ball Julio dropped wasn't a great pass, it was behind him. Other than that pretty much a perfect game for Julio. Great down field blocking by him as well. My only concern with the Falcons is why we keep putting Turner in, both of the other backs are outplaying him.

True. It also isn't the first pass he has dropped that could have been caught. It's a middling complaint but as has been discussed here endlessly his price tag is accompanied by incredibly lofty expectations. He is TO-ish without the headsnakes. TO didn't have the greatest hands either bu twhen you watch Jj running in the open field it is like watching an Arabian Charger....power and grace.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:22 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

If I'm going to bash anyone, it's going to be the coaching staff for having Turner on the field on the final drive.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:26 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

RobertAP wrote:
If I'm going to bash anyone, it's going to be the coaching staff for having Turner on the field on the final drive.

AGREED. Quizz needs to start getting more carries. I'll never hate on Turner because he gave Atlanta 4 good to great years. He needs to take a seat on bench and only get 10 carries a game.

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:11 pm 

I'll play ..as long as Julio stays on the field the Falcon offense is much better. If he isn't on the field the offense doesn't have near the fire power. Can he stay healthy?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:51 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

He set a career high in yards today with limited practice. That says something about his toughness.

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:00 pm 

How much will he play in the playoffs is the big question?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:36 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I feel confident he'll be out there. He plays hurt. Also we will hopefully have a bye week to get any nagging injuries up to 100% :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx:

:(

:fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx: :fingersx:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:04 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I don't want to rain on the Julio parade because I agree with everything that has been said about him thus far in this thread.

...But let's not forget the Bucs weren't playing Wright or Talib at CB. Julio dominated, about he typically does vs. inferior competition. I want to see more games like this against quality corners. He's had them this year, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't like he did this to Champ Bailey or anything.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:11 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Pudge wrote:
I don't want to rain on the Julio parade because I agree with everything that has been said about him thus far in this thread.

...But let's not forget the Bucs weren't playing Wright or Talib at CB. Julio dominated, about he typically does vs. inferior competition. I want to see more games like this against quality corners. He's had them this year, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't like he did this to Champ Bailey or anything.

Can't dispute that. I thought his shining moment was against Dallas this year. Only issue is that any teams left on schedule with great cornerbacks? I really don't see it so I'm expecting Julio to continue to have big games.

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:25 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

hell, I wanted to sit him so he would be 100% vs the Saints. :oops:

Nobody thinks this guy aint 'tough'. I just hope he is 'durable'. He is shutting me up, playing hard even when he is not 100%. I get that.

But I am looking down the road. I know I will get flamed for this but if we knock out the Saints, and we get to the Lions game or the last Buccs game, I would use him but limit him so when the playoffs arrive he isn't 'rusty' or have leftover 'nagging injuries'. How sweet would it be to see him 100% then?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:50 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

fun gus wrote:

Nobody thinks this guy aint 'tough'. I just hope he is 'durable'. He is shutting me up, playing hard even when he is not 100%. I get that.

But I am looking down the road. I know I will get flamed for this but if we knock out the Saints, and we get to the Lions game or the last Buccs game, I would use him but limit him so when the playoffs arrive he isn't 'rusty' or have leftover 'nagging injuries'. How sweet would it be to see him 100% then?

I oughta slap you, FG.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:03 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

backnblack wrote:
fun gus wrote:

I oughta slap you, FG.

:lol: :up:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:52 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

You sure won't find me bashing Julio!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:46 am 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Hats off to the Corners, DL, & Julio. From PFF:

Quote:
Though Matt Ryan was just two of four for 21 yards and an interception on passes under pressure, the Tampa Bay defense just didn’t get to him nearly often enough, pressuring him on just six of his 34 drop-backs.

Quote:
Healthy Julio

Julio Jones (+2.9 receiving) has been battling injuries the past few weeks, though you certainly wouldn’t know that from watching his performance against the Bucs. Jones was a dangerous target from start to finish, catching six of eight passes thrown his way for 147 yards. And none was bigger than his 80-yard touchdown reception at 8:26 of the third quarter, which put the Falcons ahead, just one play after the Bucs had taken the lead on a 42-yard Connor Barth field goal.

The receiver wasn’t without a few negative plays on the day, though, as he was flagged for offensive pass interference in the end zone, dropped a pass (thrown behind him, but still very catchable), and struggled as a run blocker. Still, the Falcons will easily tolerate a few mistakes from a young player as talented and productive as Jones.

Quote:
Dunta and Asante

The Falcons were able to slow down the scorching Tampa Bay offense in large part due to the outstanding play in the secondary. No player had a better day than Dunta Robinson (+4.1) with perhaps his best overall performance of the season. In coverage, Robinson was about as good as it gets, breaking up a pass and allowing just one catch for 10 yards. But his best work was done near the line of scrimmage, where he produced three stops and one of the team’s two sacks. On the opposite side of the field, Asante Samuel had a strong game as well, allowing just two of five passes into his coverage to be completed for 23 yards, though he dropped two potential interceptions in the second half.

Profile E-mail