It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:57 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: I Hope the Falcons Lose Soon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:25 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Pudge wrote:
Sounds like we are the Saints bitch, and bitches get slapped from time to time to remind them that they are bitches.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Church

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:27 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Pudge wrote:
backnblack wrote:
You said he went back to the "old Matt Ryan" who would get hit in the mouth and get a quick trigger.

For many, saying Ryan reverted to the "old Ryan" is an insult. For me, the guy who was one of the staunchest defenders of the "old Ryan," that is not an insult. You and/or others perceived that statement as a "bash" because of your own negative perceptions of what "old Ryan" means. I have no such negativity towards the "old Ryan," therefore when I say he was the "old Ryan" that still is one of the 10 best QBs in the league and the guy that when his career is over and done with will be one of the winningest QBs in NFL history. But at the same time, despite all of that, the "old Ryan" could never be the Saints. Usually played very well against them, but always looked a little tight when it came to making the plays in the end that the team needed to pull out the W. I think that describes exactly how Ryan looked yesterday. You know unlike most people on this forum, when I criticize Matt Ryan's play, it's not a referendum on his career/season.

And I would disagree that the offense kept us in the game. They did for the most part in the 1st half, but they did not do so in the 2nd half. It was the defense that kept us in the game in the 2nd half. The offense failed to capitalize on the numerous opportunities afforded them in the 2nd half.

IMO, part of that was because I think the "old Ryan" showed up a few too many times, missing on throws, being a bit quick to check down or flee the pocket. A major part of that was because the offense struggled to generate a single yard on the ground.

I think the Falcons got bitch slapped in this game by the Saints. I keep reading on here that the Falcons are the better team. I think you could certainly make the case that in the previous 4-6 years when the two teams have squared off that has rarely been the case, and the reason why the Saints have routinely owned us during that time period.

So it begs the question, if the Falcons are still the better team, then why didn't they win yesterday?

Sounds like we are the Saints bitch, and bitches get slapped from time to time to remind them that they are bitches.

That is so incredibly lame I'm not gonna respond....well, other than this.:roll:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:04 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Pudge you are the man and I'll always respect your knowledge but sometimes its scary to see how concerned you get or much you look into such little intangibles.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail