It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What did I say?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:09 pm 

Atlanta would lose to the Saints. We play like s*** against them even when they suck and we are good.

Of all the teams we had to get out first loss it just had to be the eff'ing Saints.

I'm pissed off on so many levels right now!

Post subject: Re: What did I say?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:48 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I'm not pissed off at all. I know that despite the loss, we're better than the Saints. We missed on a couple of plays today, and we seemingly got raked over the coals by the refs today. (how in the hell do they not give Harry Douglas that catch?)

In any case, the Falcons are not a powerhouse. We have one of the best QB's in the NFL, we have some really good receivers, and we have some solid coaching on both sides of the ball. We are not perfect, and we have been dealing with some lingering injuries that are hurting us. We were not going to go 19-0, and if we're going to lose to the Saints, I'd rather we do it in their house than in ours.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:11 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Thank you, Robert. And, yes, Julio is the man. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:30 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Why are we better than the Saints, because we were 8-0 prior to this game, and they were 3-5?

This team is mentally dominated by the Saints, has been for 6 years. And despite all the hype surrounding this team, it was the same today.

This team lacks the "want to" to beat New Orleans, even a Saints team that has the worst defense in the NFL.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:24 pm 

Falcons just can't get over the hump vs the Aints. Even with sand kicked in our face last year and the Saints terrible defense the Falcs couldn't beat them. Most likely the weaknesses you see vs a dreadful Saints defense will rear up in the future especially when it matters against much better teams.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:51 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I saw a Falcons team on the field today that made some mistakes that they haven't been making this year. I saw Michael Turner do nothing. But I saw our QB take the game on his shoulders and deliver the balls that he needed to deliver when he needed to deliver them. If Roddy "Mouth of the South" White had kept running his route instead of stopping to play slaps with the defender, we'd be talking about the greatest win in our history.

In my opinion, this loss is EXACTLY what this team needed. Get your heads out the clouds and get to work. You have 2 months to get your problems worked out, and this little slap to the face should help to keep, "The mouth," in check from here on out. One of these days, perhaps, "the mouth," will learn to shut up and deliver. It has to be embarrassing, after mouthing off, to have your QB throw the perfect pass to you with the game on the line, and you get caught up playing with the defender instead of doing your job and catching the ball.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:54 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

We lost a road game to one of the hottest teams in the league, and were missing our top Defender all game, and had our Star receiver out allot of the game. We are a better team and we will be them in Atlanta next time.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:14 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Roddy had a pretty great game. The perfection expected by some at times is crazy. Matt throws for more yards than in any game in his career, Gonz is virtually unstoppable, Roddy goes over 100 yds again and JJ reels in a long bomb--one of two excellent deep passes--and we want to pick them apart? Come on....the other team gets a vote. A half assed run game wins this one for us.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:15 am 
Superstar
Superstar

backnblack wrote:
Roddy had a pretty great game. The perfection expected by some at times is crazy. Matt throws for more yards than in any game in his career, Gonz is virtually unstoppable, Roddy goes over 100 yds again and JJ reels in a long bomb--one of two excellent deep passes--and we want to pick them apart? Come on....the other team gets a vote. A half assed run game wins this one for us.

Sure, the run game sucked today. Not gonna argue that. The offensive line was pretty questionable too. The defense was pretty stinking bad in the first half.

My point is that Roddy was the one running his mouth, and he was the player that Matt Ryan threw the perfect ball to. People, in the past, have given Ryan crap about how his deep ball sucks. He has been proving people wrong. On the 2nd to last play of the game, Ryan delivered the perfect ball to finish this game with a soul crushing TD that would have exploited the major weakness on the Saints, and propelled the team to 9-0. Roddy blew it.

I like Roddy as much as anyone... But if you're going to run your mouth, you better back it up with action. Sure, he had a good day, but the team lost. Ryan gave him the chance to be the hero, but Roddy blew it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:22 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Roddy didn't blow anything. Ryan still throws his long ball to high but on this particular play; their corner back was backing up to knock the ball down. As always on long passes receivers sometimes play the corner ..........

The corner looked like he could make the catch, Roddy
playing the corner backed up to make the play also, but the ball was throw to high and then as we saw, it was over thrown. If Roddy would have kept running full speed he'd have outrun the ball, he played the play the way; he usually makes the play, this time he did miscalculate;
but to have continued running full speed he'd had out run the ball.

Roddy was open deep yet Matt threw it to the moon!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:36 am 

backnblack wrote:
Come on....the other team gets a vote.

No, they don't. They are the Saints. They always "win the vote" against the Falcons.

I'm not saying the season is over. I'm talking about one game being representative of 12 over six years, one rivalry.

This is one of the best teams the Falcons have fielded in that six-year span, and one of the worst Saints teams the Falcons have fielded in that same span. We have new coordinators that are supposed to have changed everything. Yet after watching yesterday's game, you could have inserted any of the past four years of Falcons teams into that game and would not have been able to tell the difference.

We played a Saints defense that is on pace to be the worst in NFL History. They are on pace to give up 7500 total yards this year, when the worst defense since the merger in NFL history gave up 6800 total yards.

Yet this team was only able to generate 10 points on that defense in the second half.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:26 pm 

Cyril wrote:
Roddy didn't blow anything. Ryan still throws his long ball to high but on this particular play; their corner back was backing up to knock the ball down. As always on long passes receivers sometimes play the corner ..........

The corner looked like he could make the catch, Roddy
playing the corner backed up to make the play also, but the ball was throw to high and then as we saw, it was over thrown. If Roddy would have kept running full speed he'd have outrun the ball, he played the play the way; he usually makes the play, this time he did miscalculate;
but to have continued running full speed he'd had out run the ball.

Roddy was open deep yet Matt threw it to the moon!!

Robert is right. Roddy misplayed the ball in the air. Much more his fault than Ryan's fault. Ryan threw it long because Roddy had a step on the safety, but he slowed down, lost track of the ball in the air, and thus the ball went over his head.

Although I wouldn't try to call anybody out for that play.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:31 pm 

Bigger than Roddy White not being able to get the reception was Matt Ryan throwing to the wrong receiver. He had Tony G wide open but instead went to Roddy on the slant.

Beyond that I love that all new stories are about how the Saints are going to pull a NY Giants and go from dumpster fire to playoffs after beating the Falcons. No news about the Falcons or props for being 8-1... Just that the Saints are legit and a threat.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:40 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

The Saints could got 10-6, and the Falcons could be 12-4 or 11-5 after what I saw today [another loss to the Saints, 2 losses to the Bucs, and a loss to the Giants who will need to win to keep their division]. I have little doubt that with a win we could have put the specter of the Saints in their tomb for good, but not now, they are on a roll and having to play a team like them, the Packers, or the Giants will mean another early exit from the playoffs because we don't have the defense to compete with these offenses.

J. Mora JR.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:49 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

backnblack wrote:

+1

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our tradition in the spirit of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.