DRob game last night

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

thescout

DRob game last night

Postby thescout » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:05 am

I thought DRob played terrible last night. Way to many penalties called on him that kept Dallas drives alive. Certianly isn't living up to his huge contract he got from the Falcon's.
Sometimes running the Mularkey offense makes me feel like I'm in a prison.

Confess_Jesus_Now
Playmaker
Playmaker

Re: DRob game last night

Postby Confess_Jesus_Now » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:38 am

lol. D Rob has been bringin the pain. Im not talkin bad about him till he messes up in the playoffs. I refuse to waffle like the rest of you guys on here. Smh. :snooty:

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Postby Pudge » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:45 am

By far the worst game he's had since the season opener.

The Falcons miss Grimes. Asante has been mostly good, but he hasn't nearly been the caliber of lockdown corner that Grimes has been for the past two years, nor that he was in Philly in recent years.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

RobertAP
Superstar
Superstar

Postby RobertAP » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:53 am

D.Rob had a down night. It happens.

Emmitt
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Emmitt » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:21 am

Scout you are an excellent poster and I always look forward to your posts, but are you serious? One bad game and you want to torch the guy. Dunta has played his best football this season and has been great. He may never live up to that contract, but the reactions of people about Dunta just made me shake my head. I can't remember last time Dunta was beat that bad in coverage, probably since Week 1. I'm not worried it happens, secondary still is looking solid and hasn't totally collapsed with Grimes out for the year.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Wease
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Wease » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:40 am

D Rob?
Fantasy League Champion 2010
Pick Em Co-Champion 2011

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our tradition in the spirit of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.

backnblack
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby backnblack » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:41 am

All CBs (not named Grimes) get beat. the long pass was especially ugly but I think the DBs have done a remarkable job this year esp givent he loss of #20. McLain still playing well. He's my new BG!

RobertAP
Superstar
Superstar

Postby RobertAP » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:08 pm

McClain isn't BG. BG is the little engine that could. He's a tremendous athlete that relies heavily on his athleticism to make it in the NFL.

McClain is a typical CB. He has been playing well, but he has the physique of a traditional CB. He has bounced around, and perhaps he's finally found a system that he plays well in.

Pudge

Postby Pudge » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:05 pm

It took me a long time to get on the Grimes bandwagon, and I was probably among the last to do so.

But I do have the say that the way McClain is playing today reminds me a lot of how Grimes was playing circa 2009.

I'm not going to sit here and say that a year or two from now he'll be a Top 5 corner like Grimes became. But I will definitely say it's not completely out of the realm of possibilities. Had I been asked that question at the end of August or early September, it would have been absolutely insane to fathom. But not so much now...

Over the last 5 or 6 games, I think Abraham, Babineaux, DeCoud, and McClain have been our most consistent performers week to week and snap to snap. And I think that's saying something.

Emmitt
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Emmitt » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:25 pm

We've all be wondering when will the Falcons have at least a top 15 pass defense again and that has been answered so far. Now I got a good question? When was the last time the Falcons had a good nickel back now that McClain has turned out to be one.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Pudge

Postby Pudge » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:04 pm

Chevis Jackson in 2008. I know most people associate the "bad" times with Chevis, but he was actually fairly good as a rookie. It was one of the reasons why we let Foxy walk.

Emmitt
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Emmitt » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:31 pm

Pudge wrote:Chevis Jackson in 2008. I know most people associate the "bad" times with Chevis, but he was actually fairly good as a rookie. It was one of the reasons why we let Foxy walk.

Actually I do remember liking him a bit in 2008. He wasn't that great but I do remember him making some solid plays. Good lord did he stink afterwards though.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

backnblack
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby backnblack » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:54 pm

Pudge wrote:Chevis Jackson in 2008. I know most people associate the "bad" times with Chevis, but he was actually fairly good as a rookie. It was one of the reasons why we let Foxy walk.

Those most have been some mighty impressive micro-seconds. I think we "let" DF go because Baltimore was willing to overpay him.

Pudge

Postby Pudge » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:58 pm

backnblack wrote:

Those most have been some mighty impressive micro-seconds. I think we "let" DF go because Baltimore was willing to overpay him.

You're right money was the main reason. But the reason why we valued Foxy at only a certain level was because of the amount of confidence going into the spring of 2009 that they thought guys like Jackson and Chris Houston would step up.

You're not going to drop $50 on a meal at a fancy restaurant if Paula Deen is cooking something up at home...

backnblack
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby backnblack » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:32 am

We got Foxworthy for next to nothing, if I recall correctly, and then replaced him with the guy out of Jax--Brian something? Anyway, CJ never seemed to do to o much on the field to my untrained eyes but you never know about practice. Do all teams go trhough as many failed CBs as ATL seems to have for the past 20-30 years?

The Mattural
Superstar
Superstar

Postby The Mattural » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:30 am

I still remember when we had Jason Webster :shock: :shock:
The Young Gunner

samedi
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby samedi » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:54 pm

ATL has had good nickle corners the last few years: Williams, Hayden, and McLain. They aren't anything special and don't have much upside (though McLain might, he's young), but they have manned the spot reasonably well.

The main issue is--like almost all areas of the team--we haven't drafted/developed well for the future and are dependent on paying a declining vet more than we would a growing rookie.

Return to “The Huddle”