Purveyor of Truth & Justice

8-0?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Week 9 Beat the Cowgirls Game Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:43 am 
Superstar
Superstar

SUNDAY NIGHT! Man I love Sunday night football and I've been waiting so long to see Atlanta back on it. I'm super pumped for this game even though Dallas is going to give Atlanta some issues. If Murray doesn't play, that will be pretty huge. Also Ryan will face a stiff test against a very talented Cowboys cornerback duo. It might be one of those games that Tony Gonzalez will getting the workload.

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:01 pm 

I am fascinated how even at 7-0 and a good shot at 8-0 the Falcons are getting virtually no media run out here on the West Coast and nationally.

All the talk is about Peyton Manning and the Broncos and the grease fire that is the Jets.

Sure Atlanta hasn't played great opponents but they are still undefeated and have staged some pretty amazing last second drives for wins. You'd think Atlanta would get a little more media love.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:32 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

dirtybirdnw wrote:
I am fascinated how even at 7-0 and a good shot at 8-0 the Falcons are getting virtually no media run out here on the West Coast and nationally....Sure Atlanta hasn't played great opponents but they are still undefeated and have staged some pretty amazing last second drives for wins. You'd think Atlanta would get a little more media love.

Eh, we're just not a national team/franchise yet. I knew that if we won this game big, the talk would be "Man, the Eagles suck" as opposed to how well we did.

Sadly, although we're (read I) are all sick of hearing it, we have to win some playoff games, over a few seasons to grow the fan base and start getting more love.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:12 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I love national media as much as everyone but similar to 2010, they won't get much. You have to win in playoffs, which everyone keeps saying. They just need to keep on winning but at least Falcons got 3 more night games with this including.

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:39 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

How sweet would it be to sweep the NFC East also?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:29 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Atlanta's scoring profile reminds me a lot of the 1976 Oakland Raiders. No one respected that team either. Everyone was blinded by the Steelers in those days.

The Dallas offense depends on whether their o line holds up. The RG is a journeyman, the C anyone's guess, and if you get pressure in the defensive left side A and B gaps, then Dallas has a hard time doing anything consistently.

Tony Romo's 4th INT on Sunday came when the right side of the line collapsed.

Tony is very good at pre snap reads but not that good at post play adjustments. Other folks point out he has issues with faked blitzes, doesn't read them well. His receivers don't reliably run routes either, and that and his o line have created some of the worst games of his career.

Nolan has some weaknesses to exploit.

When C Phil Costa is out, Dallas has issues running. When Costa was in - the Baltimore game - Dallas played power ball.

Quizz Rogers in a passing route on any Dallas LB not named Carter is a mismatch.

Odds are high that Atlanta wins. Dallas lacks consistency. Atlanta is the poster child for consistency.

D-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:59 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

IRVING, Texas – The Cowboys have no chance of winning Sunday at undefeated Atlanta, right?

Thanks to the folks at ESPN Stats & Information I will offer up a Lee Corso-like, Not so fast my friends.

Dating back to 1991 the Cowboys have won their last three games against opponents that were 7-0 or better at the time of the game.

Tony Romo has two of those wins, beating then 9-0 Indianapolis, 21-14, at Texas Stadium in 2006, and then 13-0 New Orleans, 24-17, in 2009. In 1991, the Cowboys ended Washington’s run at perfection with a 24-21 win against the Redskins.

After Sunday’s loss to the New York Giants I asked DeMarcus Ware if the Falcons’ game had any similar feel to that Saints’ game in 2009.

“I think every game for now is always, ‘We’ve got to win that game,’” Ware said. “We’ve got to find some way to win no matter what because we made so many mistakes in the beginning of the season. You’ve got to sort of get over that hump. It’s all about just winning. Winning out. That’s how I feel about the situation.”

Falcons fans could actually feel OK if they lose to the Cowboys Sunday. Why? Washington, New Orleans and Indianapolis all went on to win the Super Bowl those years.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:29 pm 

fun gus wrote:
Falcons fans could actually feel OK if they lose to the Cowboys Sunday. Why? Washington, New Orleans and Indianapolis all went on to win the Super Bowl those years.

:up:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:44 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Dallas is a talented team, with a few big holes and poor coaching. They will have to play perfect to beat us. I don't see it, Atlanta 31- Dallas 20.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:01 pm 

Agreed, Dallas problem is coaching, as they are far too inconsistent.

I think that should mean the Falcons should win, but the thing about Dallas is that when you expect them to show up, they don't. And when you expect them to lay an egg, they play pretty well.

Profile E-mail