It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:01 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Week 8 vs. Michael Vick Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:42 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Well we know we are good at creating turnovers, and Vick is prone to them. So that means the Falcons will create zero turnovers against the Eagles, because everything that is supposed to happen in Falcon games does not ever happen!
:lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Week 8 vs. Michael Vick Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:54 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Dunta Robinson puts someone in a hospital...again.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:34 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Wow, all the 4 win teams in the NFC lost, omg with the exception of the Bears we have a 2 game lead on the entire conference!!!! Anyways hopefully the team takes some well deserved R+R and comes back ready to spank the Eagles. Hopefully Asante is not injured, I think he would be a great presence to help lead us against the Eagles!!! We are the better team but not by allot, coming off of the break I"m going Falcons 31 Eagles 28.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:53 am 
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I would like to see this the week that they work Konz into the starting RG spot. We are hurting at RG/RT this year and we need to shake things up a little. Maybe the switch at RG will set us up to create some holes for the run game.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:05 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

The issues Vick has faced have been when he's had a rush in front of him. We need to make sure we find the hole in their OL, because if we don't, they have a fast offense that I just don't know our D can match on their home turf.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:22 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Yulin wrote:
The issues Vick has faced have been when he's had a rush in front of him. We need to make sure we find the hole in their OL, because if we don't, they have a fast offense that I just don't know our D can match on their home turf.

yep. Im hoping Corey Peters will be back and Nicholas. If they show up to play, then we just need Vick to throw this game to us, which is prolly what will happen :pray:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:08 am 

According to Walter at Walterfootball.com he list 6 reasons why the Falcons will lose vs the Eagles. I hope we beat Philly 30-0.I'm tired of losing to them especially in Philly. I hope we get some payback.

1. For whatever reason, Reid is awesome coming off a bye. He's never lost, covering 10 of 13 chances. Betting on favorites with an extra week to prepare is usually a good betting proposition anyway.

2. Reid is also at his best when the media trashes him. He and his players have had to hear how bad they are for two weeks. One local sports-talk radio host even suggested that the Eagles should fire Reid right now and replace him with Brian Dawkins. I wish I were making this up.

3. Reid owns the Falcons. Excluding a Week 17 contest in which he sat his starters, he's 7-2 against the spread against Atlanta throughout his tenure. He's 3-1 ATS versus Matt Ryan, with the only loss coming last year when his team blew a big lead after QBDK suffered an injury.

4. Here's a cool trend in Philadelphia's favor: Teams that lose at home in overtime tend to cover (38-15 ATS since 1994) the following game as long as they are not road dogs.

5. I have one more tend. This one goes against Atlanta: Road underdogs with a week off following a win are 32-50 against the spread since 1990.

6. And as mentioned, the weather is going to impact the Falcons. Ryan has shown that he can win outdoors, but rainy and windy conditions will limit his offense because his team can no longer run the ball very well.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:04 am 
Playmaker
Playmaker

This game is a litmus test for the Falcons to me. If they can win this game, I'll buy into them. Philly is up against a wall and they are in desperation mode. Plus Reid is flawless coming off a bye. Imo, this is a must win for the Falcons psyche. I want this win like it was against NO.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:04 pm 

Honestly I think the Falcons will lose this one. Philly's pass rush is formidable. Trent Cole historically owns Sam Baker. I think our defense will be tested with Vick's mobility and McCoy's running. I think this one will be similar to last year's game, a lot of back and forth. And had we not knocked Vick out of that game I'm not sure we win.

This could have the makings of one of those sloppy games with multiple turnovers by both teams.

The main thing I'm looking for is less about a Falcons win. Yes I do want the Falcons to win, but I'm less concerned about the results of the games going forward, rather how we play. I want to see if our passing game is explosive and/or effective vs. Philly's solid pass defense and pass rush. If so I will be more confident about this team moving than I would be with a simple win, regardless of style.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:35 pm 

Pudge wrote:
Well we know we are good at creating turnovers, and Vick is prone to them. So that means the Falcons will create zero turnovers against the Eagles, because everything that is supposed to happen in Falcon games does not ever happen!
:lol:

And Vick should be good for 100+ rushing yards to get the media trumpeting that "Vick is back!" only to have the vaunted Saints defense crush him and the media pronounce the end is neigh for Vick.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:38 pm 

thescout wrote:
5. I have one more tend. This one goes against Atlanta: Road underdogs with a week off following a win are 32-50 against the spread since 1990.

Good thing Atlanta only needs to win and not beat the spread. Because all the points against Atlanta winning are really points against Atlanta winning against the spread.

I'm quite happy winning by 1 point.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:19 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Well I'll be the first to say I didn't see that one coming.

7-0, wow.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:59 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

And the haters continue to hate, Falcons 7-0, Philly's talent level wasn't close to ours. Most team aren't. Got to hope Spoon is ok, Great performance!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:00 pm 

The Falcons strongest performance to date. Games like this make me a believer in this team!

Profile E-mail