From this point forward...

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

Confess_Jesus_Now
Playmaker
Playmaker

From this point forward...

Postby Confess_Jesus_Now » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:31 pm

I don't wanna hear ANYTHING else about Matt Ryan's arm strength. Just stop it. A 60-yard pass in the clutch?? Just stop it guys. Noodle arm my foot...smh.

Emmitt
Superstar
Superstar

Re: From this point forward...

Postby Emmitt » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:25 pm

Also Pudge has told me that he won't bash Roddy White for the rest of the year. Even if Roddy says something as stupid as Mark Sanchez is a franchise quarterback, Pudge won't bash him.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Postby Pudge » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:04 pm

Well... both of Ryan's deep balls were instances where his WR went up and got the ball moreso than a sign of good arm strength/touch. He threw some rainbows on those passes. But that's trust that his guys will make a play, something he did not have the past 3 years (for all of the reasons that have been discussed on these forums ad nauseum).
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

RobertAP
Superstar
Superstar

Postby RobertAP » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:49 pm

What about the bomb to Julio? Julio stepped out, but that ball was pretty much perfect.

backnblack
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby backnblack » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:39 pm

Maybe it is just because itis being hyped but MR's conditioning in th eoff season seems palpable to me. Ball has a little more zip even when tossing on the run and seems to shirk tacklers a bit better. He was definitely flinging it today. Not many QBs in the NFL throw bombs that WRs catch on the run in stride. We seem them on ESPN and think they are common but they aren't really. What's up with the OLs lately? Rodgers got sacked silly last week and it happened to Matt today. The man took a pounding. Clearly the MVP of the game--even if Cam wrapped it up with a bow for him. :lol:

Return to “The Huddle”