If I was in Nolan's shoes

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

fun gus
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

If I was in Nolan's shoes

Postby fun gus » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:52 am

...I would do something 'Saints-like' and tell our front 4 D to try and stomp on J Stewarts injured toe. Every bottom of the scrum, aim for that toe. Stomp it, kick it, punch it, hell BITE it if you haveta.

I know, not very 'classy'. So, sue me 8-)
"what if there were no hypothetical situations?"

RobertAP
Superstar
Superstar

Re: If I was in Nolan's shoes

Postby RobertAP » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:13 am

I'm all for exposing weak players on the opposing team. Seriously, Lofton had a sign on the back of his helmet that said, "throw it this way." However, I'm against intentionally hurting the other team's players. If a defender makes a bang-bang play to try to separate the ball from the receiver, I'm ok with that, that's just a tough play. But there is a big difference in doing that, and going for someone's bum knee, or someone's bum toe.

Go Falcons
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby Go Falcons » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:31 am

RobertAP wrote:I'm all for exposing weak players on the opposing team. Seriously, Lofton had a sign on the back of his helmet that said, "throw it this way." However, I'm against intentionally hurting the other team's players. If a defender makes a bang-bang play to try to separate the ball from the receiver, I'm ok with that, that's just a tough play. But there is a big difference in doing that, and going for someone's bum knee, or someone's bum toe.

Well said, Robert!
The Falcons are rising!

Emmitt
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Emmitt » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:08 pm

Are you that scared of Carolina to the point where you want to injury people like that?

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

fun gus
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Postby fun gus » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:42 pm

Emmitt wrote:Are you that scared of Carolina to the point where you want to injury people like that?

toe injury? yes.

upper cervical discs? not so much 8-)

Look, I know it's not 'playing fair'. I realize it makes me look like a douche. But, in my sick, twisted world there is a difference between aiming for Peyton's neck or Stewarts toe. Im not saying it's the 'right' thing to do: but it's what I might consider....Because Im a b*tch like that and I really wanna be 4-0 and Carolina doesn't scare me but that dude does. Im sure somehow Karma might get us back, so I guess for that factor I can understand not playing 'dirty'...

But lets just say if he is in a boot by halftime I wouldn't be losing that much sleep over it :wink:
"what if there were no hypothetical situations?"

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Postby Pudge » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:08 pm

I know where you're coming from fun gus. The push back due tot he Bounty scandal about "exploiting injuries" is kinda silly if you ask me. When Tony Romo broke his ribs at the beginning of 2011, and DeAngelo Hall said that the REdskins defenders would definitely target them and test that durability, no one really batted an eye lid. But now post-Bountygate, the mere idea that someone would strive to knock another player from a game is perceived as immoral (and it probably is) and downright despicable. That's how football has been always played. There is still no rule on the books that says a player should not or cannot try to knock another out of a game.

Now the minute you pay him for it, that's when everything goes haywire... :wink:
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

Return to “The Huddle”