It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Falcons Cut Redman Sign McCown!!!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:00 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

http://atlfal.co.nz/OtEnDM

suprising to say the least!

Post subject: Re: Falcons Cut Redman Sign McCown!!!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:02 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I will miss him, but at the same time age seemed to be slowing him down on his reads, and his arm strength seemed to be diminishing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:01 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

DaveWaz wrote:
I will miss him, but at the same time age seemed to be slowing him down on his reads, and his arm strength seemed to be diminishing.

I don't think McCown is head and shoulders above Redman. A lateral move at best, but he does have experience in the Jaguar system the past three years and couple that with Redman's poor play and there you have it. Many wanted Redman out.....be careful for what you wish for. If Ryan goes down, it won't be Davis going in, it will be McCown.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:31 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I agree a lateral move. I know surprising statement to some given that I've suggested us signing McCown in the past. But that was with the understanding of giving him a full off-season or work and the opportunity to earn the spot by beating Redman. At this point in time, I have little to no confidence that McCown is an actual upgrade over Redman without seeing such a competition play out. The fact that McCown couldn't outwork Sean Canfield, a player I liked coming out of Oregon State a few years back, but has been fairly mediocre with the Saints says a lot.

I think it's not a foregone conclusion that Davis won't win the No. 2 spot. I think it all boils down to how well he plays vs. J-ville. If he there is little to no drop-off from his play this week as we've seen in previous games, I think he'll at least open the season as the No. 2.

I don't expect McCown to play on such short notice, besides being the emergency guy. Also lends credence to the talk that Mike Smith is saying the starters will get some work. But I suspect Davis will probably play at least 3 quarters with this being his final audition to see if he is able to hold the No. 2 spot.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:30 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Pudge wrote:
I think it's not a foregone conclusion that Davis won't win the No. 2 spot. I think it all boils down to how well he plays vs. J-ville. If he there is little to no drop-off from his play this week as we've seen in previous games, I think he'll at least open the season as the No. 2.

I don't expect McCown to play on such short notice, besides being the emergency guy. Also lends credence to the talk that Mike Smith is saying the starters will get some work. But I suspect Davis will probably play at least 3 quarters with this being his final audition to see if he is able to hold the No. 2 spot.

..wait...

"As is, despite the clamoring of the masses that Davis is "for real," Redman has no real competition as the No. 2 QB right now. Redman is safe and snug as the No. 2 QB. There's not a chance in hell that he is cut for anybody currently on the roster. Now if the Falcons go out and sign someone like Colt McCoy, Tarvaris Jackson, John Beck, etc. between now and September 9, then maybe Redman has something worth fearing."

:rofl:

"But as I said before, unless the Falcons go out and trade for or sign someone in the next few days, there's not a chance in hell that Redman loses his job before the season starts."

:rofl: :rofl: :lol:

I keed, I keed. Image

Cmon Pudge: dont make Nique your 'New Turner' :ninja:

BTW, Pudge help me out: who is the guy in yer avatar? :?:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:18 pm 

Joe Hawley.

No prob fun gus about being called out. I was very vocal about Davis being just a camp body in the spring and he had an outside shot of making the practice squad because he had the sort of athleticism that can flash in preseason. But I thought he would just be another Shockley, that would make a few nice runs and throws in preseason, but mostly be inept.

Also didn't think the Falcons had the balls to cut Redman, due to all my complacency rants in the off-season. Clearly, they did show some balls, so I can applaud them for that. Unfortunately, it's a bit of a Catch-22, because getting McCown at this point in time doesn't exactly excite me.

I mean he sat unsigned for 3 months this off-season. In the past I've criticized TD for making moves several months after he should have made. Better late than never I guess you can say.

Profile E-mail