It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:29 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cyril, Fun Gus, Pudge? Anyone?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:50 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

My apologies if I missed it somewhere, but I've been waiting for the notorious poo-poo'ers to give some credit to TD, Smitty and Blank for the Asante trade.

All the complaining that was done about Mario, the conspiracy theories that Blank told TD "don't spend any money" :roll: and the team is "satisfied" at being mediocre. :lol:

Where are you now? TD swooped in and stole Asante for a 7th rounder. Then got his contract down to more reasonable levels. Great job by him and his brain trust.

Post subject: Re: Cyril, Fun Gus, Pudge? Anyone?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:19 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I was sad at first that I wasn't mentioned but then I realized that I'm not a hater! :dance: :dance:

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:38 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I had to sleep on the Asante move before I could consider the real genius behind the move. I still ponder whether it's a long-term decision. But given that we only had to give up a 7th round pick, and are paying significantly under market value for him, which means at worst he's a one-year, $4.4 million commitment, then I think it's a great move.

I've been talking about how the Falcons need to find a long-term solution at the position. I don't think they've found it yet. But with this Asante move, and if the Falcons manage to land Dwayne Allen later tonight, then I'll be effectively "wowed" by TD's moves.

I still have my reservations about the long-term prospects of this team, but if all that comes out of this off-season is Asante Samuel and Dwayne Allen, I'll be willing to say that the Falcons did definitely take a step forward in some areas of their roster. It's debatable whether they are the right areas of their roster. Then it's all up to Koetter & Nolan making it work. And if they are as good as the coaches that we've all been told they are, then they will and the Falcons will make strides this year.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:45 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

All props to TD for stealing Asante. 7th round pick?!

P I M P

Now, go get sone trench guys in the draft, and Im back on board Team Vegan!

:up:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:20 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Quote:

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?? I WAS so pumped I read an article that mentioned that they wanted Dwight Freeney out of Indy for nothing; so I started a new thread "lets get Dwight Freeney while were at it!! He could change his contract just like Samuel did.

Angry----I am also a huge Thomas D. fan and Mike Smith fan. Most everyone knows that but I guess except you.....

Now its Blank I dislike; its personal as a season ticket holder for the functions we use to get to go to for a fair price; and
him canceling those and all his stuff is about companies renting suites. Blank gets no credit; he's proof you don't have to
be smart to be rich.!!

Below is my new thread from yesterday!!

Lets get Dwight Freeney while we're at it!
Cyril
Post subject: Lets get Dwight Freeney while we're at it!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:52 pm

Lets give up a 6 and offer him the same contract we gave Samuels----Oh yea for cap reasons Turner will go. cf

The Internet is buzzing with old news today: The Indianapolis Colts want to trade Dwight Freeney.

Fans are all a twitter because Peter King announced on Monday that the Colts would love to get a pick for Freeney.

The rest of the world should respond with a collective, "Well, duh!"

Despite Ryan Grigson's assurances that Dwight Freeney is a Colt, everyone who has been paying attention has known for some time that keeping him is not viable:

Freeney is old and in the final year of his contract.
Freeney will make a massive base salary in 2012.
Freeney has no natural position in the new Indianapolis defense.

No matter what rationalizations the Colts try to pass off, there's zero question that he'll be off the roster by opening day. It makes no sense for the team to pay him $14 million next year to play out of position for a team that will likely lose double-digit games.

There is simply no market for expensive veteran players. Fans dream of first- or second-round picks for aging stars, but as Mike Florio rightly pointed out, Asante Samuel netted Philly a seventh-round pick.

If the Colts do move Freeney this weekend, it will likely be for a late third-day pick. Anything more than the draft equivalent of a bus token, loose change and a tic tac would be a major score for the Colts.

The Colts' best chance to get maximum value for Freeney is to trade him before training camp for a pick in the 2013 draft.

The Colts are desperate to unload the huge contract, and everyone knows it. Even if they hadn't already unsuccessfully shopped him, everyone would still know it.

I don't expect Freeney to be a Colt next year, but I do expect him to be a Colt next weekend.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:46 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Props for getting trench guys.

We've locked up our center for the next 4-5 years! Good pick Konz.

Lamar Homes? TD got nervous and reached just like he did with Baker. That guy would have been there at 5, and we passed on Massie and Sanders?

But: at least he picked an OT. Just seems like a project to me.

But Im satisfied. I'll give TD a 'B-' this offseason. :up: