It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: FalcFans Podcast!!! Also submit questions here...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:19 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Episode 12 "2012 Free Agency"

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... gency-5214

Description: Ryan and Aaron discuss 2012 free agency and going position by position to look at what prospective free agents that the Falcons could or should target. They each give a bevy of players that they think could be good additions to the team for next year. During the course of their discussion, they touch on several current Falcons including Brent Grimes, Michael Palmer, Curtis Lofton, Ray Edwards, Joe Hawley, Mike Johnson, and Spencer Adkins.

Duration: 1 hour, 7 minutes

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:58 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Pudge wrote:
Episode 12 "2012 Free Agency"

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... gency-5214

Description: Ryan and Aaron discuss 2012 free agency and going position by position to look at what prospective free agents that the Falcons could or should target. They each give a bevy of players that they think could be good additions to the team for next year. During the course of their discussion, they touch on several current Falcons including Brent Grimes, Michael Palmer, Curtis Lofton, Ray Edwards, Joe Hawley, Mike Johnson, and Spencer Adkins.

time for Adkins to Rise Up! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:47 am 

Episode 13 "Hue Jackson Salad"

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... salad-5332

Description: Ryan and Aaron are back to recap the big coaching changes that have already occurred in this early 2012 off-season, and discuss their thoughts on Mike Mularkey, Brian VanGorder, and the many candidates that could potentially replace them. They also discuss whether or not the Falcons disappointing finish in 2011 rests on the shoulders of the coordinators, or more on those of the head coach. The pair argue whether or not these changes on the coaching staff can lead to dramatic upswing in the team's fortunes in 2012. They also break down which Falcons free agents they believe will stay or go, and Aaron goes on a heated rant about the rumors surrounding Brent Grimes future in Atlanta. They both talk about potential trades and whether Roddy White and Michael Turner have played their last games in Falcon uniforms. Ryan runs down his free agency and draft day wishlists, and to finish they each share what teams if any they are rooting for in the rest of playoffs.

Duration: 1:32:16

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:15 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Pudge wrote:
Episode 13 "Hue Jackson Salad"

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... salad-5332

Description: Ryan and Aaron are back to recap the big coaching changes that have already occurred in this early 2012 off-season, and discuss their thoughts on Mike Mularkey, Brian VanGorder, and the many candidates that could potentially replace them. They also discuss whether or not the Falcons disappointing finish in 2011 rests on the shoulders of the coordinators, or more on those of the head coach. The pair argue whether or not these changes on the coaching staff can lead to dramatic upswing in the team's fortunes in 2012. They also break down which Falcons free agents they believe will stay or go, and Aaron goes on a heated rant about the rumors surrounding Brent Grimes future in Atlanta. They both talk about potential trades and whether Roddy White and Michael Turner have played their last games in Falcon uniforms. Ryan runs down his free agency and draft day wishlists, and to finish they each share what teams if any they are rooting for in the rest of playoffs.

Duration: 1:32:16

Pudge bringin the fire!

*note* I have enjoyed your podcasts. need to reconsider a different name then FalcFans Podcast. Might I suggest 'Skidmark and the Pud' in the mornings! :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:07 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Question for the podcast:
Can Nolan use Biermann and Abe as rush OLBs in a 3-4 on occasion? If so, does that improve the likelihood of either of them being resigned?

Does Nolan favor zone or man schemes? How will the affect plans for Grimes/Robinson and Franks?

The rumored Nike uniform redesigns...are they as fugly as I think? http://jockpost.com/nfl-nike-uniforms-2 ... nt-page-4/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:59 pm 

Sorry Happ, we didn't get to your questions, but we'll try and talk about when we plan to record another podcast in about 2-3 weeks.

Episode 14

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... parts-5514

Part 1:

Description: Ryan and Aaron get together in this first part of a two-part episode to talk Falcons off-season once more with some updates on free agency, draft, and the Combine. They run down their thoughts on several current Falcons including Sam Baker, Michael Turner, John Abraham, and of course the obligatory Joe Hawley argument. They also share their thoughts on which free agents and draft prospects the Falcons should target in order to improve the team in some key areas. They also give their perspective on whether the Julio Jones looks better or worse with the value of hindsight.

Duration: 1 hour, 25 minutes

Part 2

Description: Ryan and Aaron begin part 2 of Episode 14 at the tail-end of a conversation about Matt Ryan's contract, and finish up their roll-through of all of the free agents they want to pick up at linebacker and in the secondary. They then close the show with some non-football related discussion on a wide range of topics including UFC, dating, technology, cell phones, social media, and talk about past and future guests on the show.

Duration: 1 hour

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:52 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Listening to the 2nd part of the podcast made me want an hour of my life back.

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:48 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Emmitt wrote:

really? I wanna know who the jackass was the wanted the 'lamp' from winning the Mock contest :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:05 pm 

Emmitt wrote:

We aim to please! :dance:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:50 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Quote:
"Emmitt wrote"

I said something like that and you wanted me bashed over the head with a big stick (:

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:10 pm 

Episode 15 "Ryan Hates the Avengers"

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... ngers-5950

Description: Recorded on May 7, Ryan and I are back to talk some Falcons including the impact of some of the Falcons newly acquired rookies and free agents, as well as Brent Grimes contract status. But mainly it’s our time to discuss some non-football topics including NBA playoffs, professional wrestling, and Ryan’s thoughts on The Avengers. There are some movie spoilers for the nine of you out there that have yet to see the movie, so if you want to avoid getting spoiled, skip ahead to about the 16-minute mark of the podcast. Hope you enjoy it and we’ll be back with some more Falcon-centric episodes in the near future.

Duration: 55 minutes

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:27 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Pudge wrote:
Episode 15 "Ryan Hates the Avengers"

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... ngers-5950

Description: Recorded on May 7, Ryan and I are back to talk some Falcons including the impact of some of the Falcons newly acquired rookies and free agents, as well as Brent Grimes contract status. But mainly it’s our time to discuss some non-football topics including NBA playoffs, professional wrestling, and Ryan’s thoughts on The Avengers. There are some movie spoilers for the nine of you out there that have yet to see the movie, so if you want to avoid getting spoiled, skip ahead to about the 16-minute mark of the podcast. Hope you enjoy it and we’ll be back with some more Falcon-centric episodes in the near future.

Duration: 55 minutes

the thing I like about your podcast is the pregnant pauses. It's like the Octomom Matrix...I guess it's the lag time using SKYPE..

always a little uncomfortable. which is perfect! at least for me. I still want my own prerecorded segment for you guys to plug in and make fun of. But thats because I am a whore and have no shame....

I'll listen in between commercials in the car like I always do! gotta love Itunes :P

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:36 am 
Superstar
Superstar

I'll check it out tmw. Ryan being up wrassling ahaha, you gotta love it!

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:42 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I'm always going to keep it honest on the site even if it offends some people. But my god that was another fifty five minutes of "what the hell am I listening to". Seriously I'm cool with the whole talk about Avengers, wrestling, and all the other good stuff but please make it actually entertaining. It was funny but in a way like "this is actually an argument" funny. I can't wait for football season to begin so you guys can start delivering good stuff again.

Also just for the record since I'm a big time wrestling fan, just to confirm that hole Lesnar- Triple H segment was scripted and fake. It was storyline purposes to make it build towards a feud. Lesnar lost to the golden boy of the WWE John Cena which was a stupid booking decision to begin with. They need to make Lesnar a threat again now that he's returned. He's 0-1 so they need to book him like a monster. What better way to do that than break the boss Triple H's arm. Its smart booking there but please his arm is fine. He was selling the injury pretty poorly when Mayweather fought. An argument that should have went two minutes now went to twenty. That's pretty bad but whatever. All I'm saying is Triple H's arm is fine and he's probably running around in the backyard with his children playing sports or whatever the hell he does.

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:12 pm 

Episode 16, "Chocolate and Vanilla"

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... nilla-5958

Description: Ryan and Aaron give their thoughts on the Falcons State of the Franchise address from this past week including debating what may come of the Falcons new stadium, and the buzz it could create among the fanbase and whether or not it matters all that much. They also discuss what changes they can realistically expect with new coordinators, and what level of influence does Mike Smith have on those chances. They discuss Jason Snelling and his potential role with the team as well. Later, Ryan and Aaron talk about the NBA playoffs, including quite a bit on Ryan's beloved Indiana Pacers against the Miami Heat. They also talk about wrestling, boxing, and MMA. Ryan professes his love for the women of TNA, while Aaron sticks by the old standby in Kim Kardashian. The topic without a doubt turns to stalkers and Vince McMahon's profound philosophical insights before it's all said and done.

Duration: 1 hour, 20 minutes

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:23 am 

FalcFans Podcast – Ep. 17 “The One About the Falcons”

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... lcons-6012

Description: In this week’s episode, Ryan and I get back to the grind of talking about the Falcons. Taking segments of recent live shows where we talk about different position groups on the offense, this episode is an amalgamation (I know, big word) of those discussions. Also included in this episode is our interview with The Bleacher Report’s Scott Carasik, another knowledgeable Falcon fan. If you want to hear practically every offensive player on the Falcons roster get discussed, then this is the episode for you. Topics range from who will make the roster to what can be expected from different players this year. What if any changes that Dirk Koetter has will affect different players and positions. Ryan and I get into a long debate about what exactly is an elite quarterback. Michael Turner’s future, Chris Redman, Kerry Meier, Julio Jones, and Sam Baker are other Falcon players that get extensive discussions in this episode.

Duration: 1 hour, 39 minutes

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:18 am 

Haven't done a good job updating this thread with recent episodes:

FalcFans Podcast – Ep. 18 “Bengals-Falcons Recap”

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... recap-6278

Description: Ryan and I get together to discuss and recap the Falcons preseason loss to the Cincinnati Bengals, and our takeaways from the game. We discuss which players and position groups we thought stood out in the game, as well as a few that did not. Discussions center around our respective concerns about the offensive line, especially in the wake of an injury to a key backup. We discuss the A.J. Green vs. Julio Jones debate, Dominique Davis and the Falcons backup QB situation, which players might get axed with the looming cutdown date, and how much of a role Michael Turner should play in the Falcons offense this year. In non-football related discussion, you even get to hear Ryan’s take on what shows were popular around 2006 as well as his views on the Batman cinematic franchise.

Duration: 1 hour

FalcFans Podcast – Ep. 19 “Cuts and Around the League”

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... eague-6352

Description: Ryan and I are back to recap the preseason win over the Miami Dolphins, as well as talk about the cuts the Falcons made over the weekend to get down to the 75-man roster limit. We discuss how we think the final roster could shape up as well and preview a bit of what we expect to happen in Week 1 against the Kansas City Chiefs. We get into discussions about a few Falcon players. Such as some of the young guys that appear to be stepping up including Lamar Holmes, Cliff Matthews, Micanor Regis, Akeem Dent, and the drama surrounding the backup QB position. Veteran players such as Corey Peters and Dunta Robinson are discussed also. We also discuss many topics around the league from Larry Fitzgerald’s praise of the Falcons offense, the Vontae Davis trade, and the Dolphins QB Controversy. We even get to have a lengthy discussion about Ryan’s favorite team the Dallas Cowboys, and how their current predicament with Dez Bryant relates to the Falcons. You’ll even hear our thoughts on the upcoming release of EA’s Madden NFL 13.

FalcFans Podcast – Ep. 20 “2012 Preview”

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... eview-6392

Description: Ryan and I discuss and preview the Falcons Week 1 matchup against the Kansas City Chiefs in this week’s episode. You’ll also hear our opinions on the Falcon’s additions to the practice squad, as well as whether an interview of Mike Nolan divulges some question marks within the Falcons front office. During our preview of the Chiefs game, you’ll hear our thoughts on how certain aspects of the Falcons offense and defense match up with the Chiefs. Later in the episode, we are joined by a FalcFans.com forum member in Allen Strk, who helps us reminisce on past Falcon players and games. You’ll also hear some thoughts on current Falcons, as well as predictions for the upcoming 2012 season including how good we think the Falcons will be and whether or not they are good enough to make the Super Bowl.

Duration: 54 minutes

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:19 am 

And for those of you who don't know, that is our beloved (except if you're Wease) Emmitt on the latest episode.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:29 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Pudge wrote:
And for those of you who don't know, that is our beloved (except if you're Wease) Emmitt on the latest episode.

I wish me and Wease were homies :fingersx: thanks for having me on!

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:53 pm 

Episode 21 "Enhanced Pregame"

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... egame-6449

Description: Through the magic of the internet and the ability to splice the meat of three separate live podcasts together, Ryan and I preview and then recap our thoughts on the Falcons win over the Kansas City Chiefs in Week 1. You’ll also hear my thoughts on what matchups to look out for in an extensive preview of the Falcons’ Week 2 contest against the Denver Broncos on Monday Night Football. Other topics include the injury to Brent Grimes and its potential immediate and long-term ramifications on the Falcons season.

Duration: 1 hour, 15 minutes

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:59 pm 

The podcast and the bi-weekly live shows on Ustream are now on indefinite hiatus. Ryan and I are parting of ways due to irreconcilable differences. I think our goals for what the show should be as well as who our core audience is are completely different, and I think we've reached a point for quite some time where any attempts by either of us to bridge those views is impossible.

So the podcast is done for the time being. I still want to have a podcast on the site, and hope that some day in the near future it will resume with myself or others at the helm.

Sorry to disappoint anyone that was really enjoying the show. Although there's no accounting for taste. :P

Any questions, concerns, comments, or suggestions about the future of the show (or the past) are welcome.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:50 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

At times you guys were hilarious but at other times, it was becoming cringe worthy. I'm always willing to do one Pudge when the time is good for me. Really enjoyed the podcast when you were on.

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:59 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I subscribed and listened to it. I actually really enjoyed it, except for the wrestling talk.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:17 pm 

Happ wrote:
I subscribed and listened to it. I actually really enjoyed it, except for the wrestling talk.

That makes two of us. I still don't get how a grown man can enjoy wrestling, a "sport" (which it is not, it was really just a male soap opera featuring a lot of stunt work) that is catered towards 13-year old boys. :wink: :roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:41 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

http://youtu.be/Yvd3aEsThbc

You said what about 13 year old boys?

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next