It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:35 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: First Ever LIVE GAME
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:11 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

It cost me 214 dollars but I'm going baby!!!! First ever live game for me will be this Sunday. This is a dream come true and I'll be wearing my white Roddy White jersey because I'm a dare devil. Those rowdy New Yorkers can piss off because I'm bringing the Dirty Bird Nation into Met Life. One man army, but yeah this is so awesome. Anyone got any tips on what's good for pre game rituals and tail gating.

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: First Ever LIVE GAME
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:14 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Very cool, emmitt. You might check over at the Roost as they are working up a contingent over there. I'm still debating it. I have some other things iu need to do and could buy all nextyear's season ticket for the price of the one trip but....playoff games have been rare in my experince a s a Falcon fan and with cam and Drew in the NFC South they will be tough to come by in the future.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:22 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

If anyone is going let me know. Do you know the link of this site or for the Roost? I'm a bit out of the loop sorry.

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:39 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

http://www.falconsroost.com/home.php

I know Joe is going. JCWFalcon I think is his moniker. Big time fan and fun guy to hang with. I went with him and a coupleothers to the Cinncy game a few years back. Need to post a link over there regarding the road trip so everyone will be on the same page and can hook up. This is for the main page but has links to forums.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:48 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Have fun Emmitt, I wish I could go too but the tickets are so damn expensive. Best I could find is 165 each for endzone nosebleeds...... Grrr...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:55 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I hope for your sake Emmitt the Falcons win. One of the beauties of watching a game from the confines of your own home is that it's much easier to get over the disappointment that is losing because usually you can much more easily find something to distract you. Even when you're out at a bar, you open yourself to the consequences of trying to drowning your sorrows with booze, and then trying to get home. When you're at a stadium, to deal with the issues of traffic and parking only piles on, especially if/when you're in enemy territory.

My first live Falcon game was in D.C. in '94, where the Falcons beat the Redskins. That was followed up in '00 with my first trip to the GA Dome surrounded by 30,000 Bucs fans, where it did indeed feel like enemy territory. Then in '05, saw another game in the Dome where Schaub got beat by Brady. And then finally got to see Vick live in person the following year at another game in which they won vs. the Redskins.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:16 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Hey Waz I'm paying 214 bucks for my ticket, but I'm so hardcore that I still did it. This could be a once in a lifetime opportunity so I'm going to take it. Falcons in a playoff game in my home city is a dream come true. Also I already saw who the Falcons are playing at home and on the road, it had the Giants at home. I couldn't say no to this, so I'm so happy I got the ticket. Now as for you Pudge, you're totally right. If the Falcons put on the same performance they did last year in the playoffs, I'll be depressed for a while. Some interesting games you went to especially with Schuab! That was a fun game to watch, Schaub looked real good. I'm trying to remember the Redskins game, was it the one when Jerious Norwood had that huge rushing touchdown and made a guy miss so bad on a juke move? But anyway, yeah a win is really needed not just for my sake but for the franchise. The last thing I want to hear is Ryan can't win in playoffs and how this is a failure. Even one playoff win would make this season a success.

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:34 pm 

Yes, I think Norwood did have a big run in that game. I don't really remember much specific from that game. I think Vick had a big bomb to Jenkins or somebody, but that's really it. I remember it was my first time seeing VIck (I thought I would see him the year before but he was a last minute scratch vs. the Pats), and at that point I was sort off the bandwagon, and that might have actually been the last good performance of his in a Falcon uniform. I also remember meeting some Hokie fans that were also Redskin fans that we rooting for the Skins and Vick, so they weren't too broken up over the Redskins losing.

Your first live Falcon game...in the playoffs...in New York. If the Falcons lose, I suspect you'll be on suicide watch.

And I agree with you, winning this game IMO will determine whether this season was a success. Now I know there will be several others pointing out that making the playoffs in itself makes this season a success. But I don't really buy that. I think you have to make progress every year to really determine your success. And I think this year's progress is primarily determined by the Falcons ability to win in January.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:40 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Word Emmitt, I may throw some lowball offers out to guys on craigslist on Friday hoping they will dump their tickets for cheap. I need to take the wife so I need 2 tickets. As far as them possibly losing, well it does suck but what are you going to do. I've seen my Red Sox play live 6 times and they are 1-5 lol..... I stopped going to watch, baseballs boring anyways. Either way I will be watching the Falcons with all my gear on and either screaming at the field or the TV!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:20 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I saw the Falcons biggest win in franchise history in person in Minnesota but I'll have to say that probably my favorite road trip win was beating the Packers in the playoffs in 02. Magic and only part of it was the game. People who watch only on television don't really get the whole vibe. Just have fun and enjoy the people you meet and the atmosphere. Have fun with the Giants fans and feel a special bond with the 46 Falcon fans who will be there. Don't let losing steal your joy if it happens. with Cam and Drew in the NFC south for the foreseeable future playoff appearances are going to be pretty precious. If I go--and I need to do this like I need another hole in my head--I'm gonna look you up. Promise!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:35 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Hey emmitt I'll be there win my brother. I'm hoping I don't get my car broken into like last year playoff game, but none the less ill be there. Glad its in NY because I'm only 2 hours from there. Got my tickets for 150 ish. It's good having a brother that's a ticket broker.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:43 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

AtlGraff07 wrote:
Hey emmitt I'll be there win my brother. I'm hoping I don't get my car broken into like last year playoff game, but none the less ill be there. Glad its in NY because I'm only 2 hours from there. Got my tickets for 150 ish. It's good having a brother that's a ticket broker.

Nice Freudian slip! :king:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:55 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Pudge: That's really wild how fans didn't care. It was Vick's last productive game unless you count his game against Dallas where he was literally there running back in the game too. I'll be really depressed but not on suicide watch. I'll make sure not to drink myself to shreds like last year when they lost. It will be very disappointing though if they manage to lose in anyway possible. Hold on though, whatever Falcon fan thinks making the playoffs is a successful season right now then you need a reality check. This is a team that has been to playoffs now twice in the last three years, now will make it four. You need to win at some point and this Giants team is beatable. I don't expect to beat the Packers (Saints will beat the Lions) but please beat the Giants. It will be a nice step to take going into next season. Let's have something to look back on in this season otherwise there is nothing to look back on. The best Falcons win is arguably in Detroit which is a joke in terms of signature wins. There are no signature wins this season unless beating the Eagles when they were good may be nice. A loss here makes this is a lost season hands down!

Dave Waz and BNBlack: If you guys are going to the game let me know. I'll message you my number and we have to meet up. I love to meet up with people from the internet and talk with them. Recently met someone in city for lunch which was really cool. I've lost interest in baseball since 2004 so I'm with you there Waz. Wow BNB those games were so good when you went. That Packers 2002 game was the game that made me really love the Falcons. I was just a nine year old kid wearing a Jamal Anderson Falcons jersey. That game made me go crazy for Atlanta, it will always have a special place in my heart. The Vikings game was another amazing moment for the franchise and is ironically the best moment for me as a Falcons fan which is pretty sad. I was too young to remember the full details of the 2002 and 2004 playoff runs, so 2008 meant so much to me. To see a team that was destined to win only two or three games to rise up and win eleven was amazing. That game means the world to me still, even though it was against my 2nd favorite team in the Vikings.

AtlGraff07- Wow thats awful how your car got broken into. That's sickening hopefully it won't happen again usually New Yorkers aren't that bad. If you want to meet up, I'll message you my number and we will. I'll have my 84 Roddy White jersey on and it's white. It shouldn't be hard to find me, let me know if you would be free though. i'm going to do my best to get there early.

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:28 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Hope you have a great time Emmitt!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:39 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Emmitt I'm glad you are getting to go and just have fun..... Most opposing fans will give you good natured s***, but don't let anyone
get you out of a decent mind frame....

I think you'll love it, and you'll understand that the price is "priceless", its a deal & a steal for NFL a playoff game.... I also think
your seat will be better than you think, the NFL sets the price not the team and its your " first in a lifetime opportunity" their will
be others!!

Go Emmitt!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:17 pm 

Pudge wrote:
I hope for your sake Emmitt the Falcons win. One of the beauties of watching a game from the confines of your own home is that it's much easier to get over the disappointment that is losing because usually you can much more easily find something to distract you. Even when you're out at a bar, you open yourself to the consequences of trying to drowning your sorrows with booze, and then trying to get home. When you're at a stadium, to deal with the issues of traffic and parking only piles on, especially if/when you're in enemy territory.

My first live Falcon game was in D.C. in '94, where the Falcons beat the Redskins. That was followed up in '00 with my first trip to the GA Dome surrounded by 30,000 Bucs fans, where it did indeed feel like enemy territory. Then in '05, saw another game in the Dome where Schaub got beat by Brady. And then finally got to see Vick live in person the following year at another game in which they won vs. the Redskins.

I have yet to see a Falcon game from the Dome (living in Vancouver, WA. makes that a expensive trip with airfare and all). I do remember the year that the Falcons barely lost to Seattle while Vick was still Atlanta's Golden Boy. I went to the game with my Vick jersey on and I got heckled by every fan within 10' of me.... I got heckled in the parking lot, on the way out, on the freeway in traffic, and even in the restaurant I stop at halfway between Seattle & Vancouver. Seattle fan is the worst winner I have ever experienced.

Fortunately the last Falcons/Seahawks game I attended the Falcons crushed the Seahawks and no one gave me even a scrap of crap.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:57 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Have Fun Emmitt. Having been a season ticket holder in the mid 80s, I saw a lot of dead games. :doh:

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our tradition in the spirit of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:35 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

dirtybirdnw wrote:
Seattle fan is the worst winner I have ever experienced.

Fortunately the last Falcons/Seahawks game I attended the Falcons crushed the Seahawks and no one gave me even a scrap of crap.

be glad you have never experienced 'Saints Fan' after Katrina and a Superbowl win. What used to be good natured ribbing has turned into ugly.

Philly fans can get a little squirrely at the Dome as well. 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:39 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Anyone else going to the game? I'm waiting on Waz and BnB to respond back.

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:43 am 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Hopefully your first Falcons game is much better than my first Falcons game. Of course, this one has higher stakes involved.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:01 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I don't think I can afford it, I have found ticets for $105 each, plus taxes and surcharges. Then $40 to park and $80 in gas... throw in food and drinks and I'm at $400 to watch from the upperdeck. Sucks that I just blew all my dough on Xmas.... Anyways Emmitt you better make twice as much noise and represent for me!!!! Have a great time, and go Falcons :!: :!: :!:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:19 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

My ticket is now $269 and yeah those other things won't be pretty. That being said, it's my first time ever so I had to do it. You have already seen them so I understand. No problem, I'll be going ape s***!!!! It's a good that i saved my Christmas money for this situation :mrgreen:

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:23 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Win or lose you will never regret it, Emmitt. I always say, "You have the rest of your life to make that money back....and, besides, they are printing more every day!" This said, I'm not going to make it. Aside from the AZ game it will be the first Falcon playoff game I've missed since 1995 when they lost to GB. I recall they had a trip for $500 to that game that included everything. I didn't go and always regretted it as I had always wanted to go to GB anyway. Years later, I heard that the trip never materialized due to lack of fan interest. Same thing happned in 2004 to Philly. We actually bought into a trip and they couldn't get enough people again. Believe it or not, we wound up meeting the guy who put the trip together at a Waffle House in ATL to get our game tix. We got into Philly on the last flight that was allowed in as they shut down the airport for the first time in years and years due to heavy snowfall. This and many other things tell me that Arthur is fighting a losing battle if he ever thinks he will have rabid support for the team in ATL. It just isn't going to happen. For me, a convergence of opportunity cost regarding some music stuff, car repairs and realizing I would spend more for this than a whole year of STs for next year--which I'm still undecided about--just made it feel unfeasible. I'm really torn about it but just couldn't quite squeeze the trigger. Would have loved to meet you up there and hang. Represent and make mental notes to share with us regarding the on the scene experience. The passion play on the sidelines is always interesting/enlightening and is never captured well on TV.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:38 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

you go and do it Croat Style son! Im proud I know one true Falcon Fan in that house..
. Take some vids and pics on yer phone~will mean alot later on.

Go my friend! I cant get yer back on the TV but I will shout at the screen with my loser friends.

Enjoy this, Em. You wont forget it.

FG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:06 am 
Superstar
Superstar

No problem guys and absolutely Fun Gus. I'll take some pictures but probably not video because this game is so huge that their won't be time to worry about that. I tried doing a video during an important St.John's game and it didn't end well for my I Touch as it ended up on the floor.

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail