It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jim Mora's UCLA Staff
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:37 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Jim Mora is starting to put together his coaching staff to join him at UCLA. He hired two former NFL players in Adrian Klemm and Steve Broussard. Klemm was hired from SMU, where he was an assistant under June Jones, whom he played under at Hawaii. Klemm had a non-descript NFL career with the Patriots earlier this decade. Broussard as most may recall played for the Falcons in the 90s, and currently was the WR coach at Arizona State.

Interesting moves if you ask me. I wonder if many of Mora assistants will be former NFL players and/or assistants. It would be a very good recruiting tool to use in that rich California recruiting base, which he'll be able to say he offers the best potential to get players ready for the NFL having coached their himself, and many of the assistants played or coached there as well.

Recruiting will be the key if Mora is going to have much success as a college coach. Also who he hires as his coordinators will also matter of course as they do at all levels.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Jim Mora's UCLA Staff
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:44 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I would think Jim personally would be a good recruiter. Whether he has any real base to begin from is another matter. He may be better suited for the college game.