It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kim Kardashian files for divorce
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:44 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

http://www.idontlikeyouinthatway.com/20 ... vorce.html

Suck it America! Why can't she be a conservative political savant like Sarah Palin??? I mean seriously, who is more equipped to be POTUS, someone who semi-successfully ran a state that has more moose than people, or someone that could rise from obscurity off an association with Paris Hilton, sex tape, and the daughter of the lesser known OJ lawyer, rise to the top of tabloid headlines within 4 years and probably has raked in around $50 million-plus in that span?

http://kimkardashian.celebuzz.com/2011/ ... recognize/

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Kim Kardashian files for divorce
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:35 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:02 am 

The Kardashians will we ever get rid of them. Even on a ship in Europe they invade the E channel most of the time.What's their talent again?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:47 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

thescout wrote:
The Kardashians will we ever get rid of them. Even on a ship in Europe they invade the E channel most of the time.What's their talent again?

large buttocks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:40 pm 

backnblack wrote:
thescout wrote:

large buttocks

Best talent there is! :up:

Why do you think J-Lo was Queen of the World for 4 or 5 years at the turn of the century?

The wonderful thing about this country is that attractive women on their looks alone can stay relevant for a couple of years beyond their talent. Like everyone is putting Christina Hendricks and her giant cans in all these movies now. If she has real talent, she'll continue to be a prime time action for the remainder of this decade. If not, she'll be an afterthought in 5 years.

But don't worry Kim K's celebrity is starting to wane, it's been about 3 years since she really hit the scene. That's why she needs to capitalize and throw her hat in the 2012 presidential race.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:09 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I try not to knock anyones hustle but at the same time I wish she would disappear already. The thing that pisses me off is that the younger females actually look up to her. Like Pudge said she has no talent just looks and a sextape with a D-list entertainer (Ray J really Brandy's brother). I almost dumped my girlfriend when I walked in and saw her watching that crap on my 56 inch Samsung reserved exclusivley for gaming and Falcon's games :mrgreen: .

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:30 pm 

Well, it's true she is a poor role model for young women. But young girls have plenty of poor role models, and people act like Kim K is the only one out there.

Frankly we live in a society and culture that does a poor job of raising strong, independent, emotionally stable women. Kim K is just a small symptom of that, but that's probably a discussion too big for this thread or board.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:45 pm 

Pudge wrote:
backnblack wrote:
thescout wrote:

large buttocks

Best talent there is! :up:

Why do you think J-Lo was Queen of the World for 4 or 5 years at the turn of the century?

The wonderful thing about this country is that attractive women on their looks alone can stay relevant for a couple of years beyond their talent. Like everyone is putting Christina Hendricks and her giant cans in all these movies now. If she has real talent, she'll continue to be a prime time action for the remainder of this decade. If not, she'll be an afterthought in 5 years.

But don't worry Kim K's celebrity is starting to wane, it's been about 3 years since she really hit the scene. That's why she needs to capitalize and throw her hat in the 2012 presidential race.

JLO compared to KK no comparison. JLo has some talent (sing,dance and act) while the Kardashians are just pretty people that got lucky to have their own show and struck gold. Normally if you ask te question could I find a replacement for that person (the Kardashians) they would be here one day and gone the next next month/year.Some how people continue to watch the show and ratings must be good enough to keep them on the air.

Take away their last name and Kris's married to Bruce Jenner and what do you have? Their are plenty of model types that could do what the Kardashians have done yet don;t get their own show. Who was KK before the sex tape? Why did people care even if she made the sex tape?

I forget how many millions she made because she got married and now the divorce probably will still make more (only in America). I did read she is trying to put a clause in the divorce settlement that her husband won't get her money. Hmm, if thats the case why do so many men have to give half their money in settlements?

Many young girls do look up to KK as a role model, pretty sad.Yes she has captialized on fame but it also proves you can be dumb as a rock and still make millions without talent. If there is someone willing to pay then take what you can get in today's society.The problem arises when many young girls think they can duplicate what KK as done and make alot of money off their looks without any real talent. It can happen look at Hilton and KK but those 2 are few and far between.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:17 pm 

What is talent, really?

J-Lo had talent? I guess, as much talent as someone who is a good dancer and can carry a tune, and act well enough that she won't embarrass herself in most movies.

Does Miss Kardashian need to sing, dance, or act to have talent? Does Cindy Crawford have talent? Pam Anderson? Andie MacDowell? Kathy Ireland? Megan Fox? Marisa Miller? Shannon Tweed? Jessica Alba?

All of these people are famous essentially because they look good. Yet, we get mad at Kim K because she's doing her best to capitalize financially on her looks while they are still worthwhile.

The difference is that we now live in an era and decade where there is reality tv which allows these women to fast track their looks into fame, when before in the 80s and 90s, these women would often be stuck doing B movies and crappy tv shows.

Why pay your dues trying to make ends meet as a C-list actress in Hollywood and never potentially reach that pinnacle after 10-15 years, when you can just subvert it all and become a reality tv star, be really famous for 5 years and make 20-50 times as much money???

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:05 pm 

Good points Pudge! :clap: I think it started with Paris Hilton and KK followed in her footsteps.Pam Anderson was already famous before she made her sex tape. The ironic thing about our society today there are many women that look as good as KK yet will never get the time of day in Holllywood. Kind of like all the wannebe actors and actresses that could probably do well at their craft if they had the chance.

KK and family are just taking advantage of the opportunities given to them and most of us would do the same but on the flip side we are in an era where you really don't need talent to be famous....looks go a long way in society.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:28 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Very true about the brass ring and all, Pudge. I am perplexed by the whole reality TV thing and the celebrity culture but it is what it is. Other people are perplexed by our fascination with football. In all honesty, I don't think KK is very attractive...certainly not in the context of Hollywood, etc. I'm sure this upsets her greatly.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:36 am 

But do you know why Pam Anderson is famous? She was "discovered" on the jumbotron during a CFL football game by a photographer, then landed in Playboy, then Home Improvement, and then Baywatch and then worldwide fame afterwards.

Kim K, daughter of ex-OJ lawyer & friend Robert Kardashian, begins to hang out with Paris Hilton, then has a sex tape with Ray J released shortly after, and then gets a reality TV show, and then is in Playboy.

So again I propose the question, what makes Pam Anderson "better" than Kim Kardashian? Because Kim K has a sex tape come out before she was famous? So having a sex tape leaked or stolen is worse than modeling naked in Playboy?

I think our whole American Cult of Celebrity is fairly stupid, just like I don't find reality television shows to be very interesting. I find it funny that my brother can't stand people like Kim K and Paris Hilton, yet he indulges on occasion with watching the sorts of E! and VH1 reality TV shows that often make these people famous and relevant.

The fact as I see them, is that the collective rage against people like Kim K, Snooky, Paris Hilton, etc. only fuels their popularity, probably much more so than any perceived idolization or adoration. We rail against Kim Kardashian because she's a poor role model for women, and indeed she is.

But is she corrupted the minds of the female American youth any more so than magazines like Cosmo that plaster their pages with the idealized form of female beauty, both overtly and covertly instilling the message that for most American girls, they'll never be good enough. Is it more dangerous than the fact that even those that are truly talented such as actresses and musicians often find their careers evaporate once they reach their mid-to-late 30s because their looks begin to deteriorate?

Again, probably a discussion too big for this board. But I guess it's easier to simply point the finger at these celebutantes than really examine our culture as a whole...

:whistle:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:26 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Did not realize Pam A was discovered thusly. Our culture is a steaming pile of possum dung. It's really an embarassment but I'm to blame as much as the next guy. There was a Ken Burns produced documentary we watched recently called the West and it was discussing the persecution of the chinese immigrants in San Fran, etc., around the time of the gold rush and all that. This one guy had been jacked around and so forth so much he just went back to China but there was a quote I really liked that was his. "These Americans are nothing but finely styled barbarians."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:39 am 

Sorry I'll get the link here in a few minutes guys. It wouldn't surprise me if Kardashian staged this whole circus for the publicity = money. It seems like the Kardashians get enough pub did we really need this whole marriage thing? If true got to hand it to her PR manager for probably thinking the whole thing up.I doubt KK has the brains to think of such a stunt.

I'm just waiting for KK to adopt a baby and then will see how much riculous pub she gets.Well it beats working so she knows how to generate the cash cow. When will people get sick of the Kardashians to get them off of TV and magazines? Ratings must be good therefore they stay in the limelight.

http://wonderwall.msn.com/tv/gossip-big ... 2972.story
Kim Kardashian just finished shooting her role in the appropriately titled Tyler Perry flick "The Marriage Counselor," but questions about her own 72-day union to Kris Humphries linger, thanks to the loose lips of one of her fellow self-promoters.

Jonathan Jaxson, her former publicist turned aspiring tell-all author, is making the rounds to talk about his time in Kim's inner circle. Among his claims: that her marriage to NBA player Humphries was a big publicity stunt (insert shocked face here), and that she's still carrying a torch for her NFL ex, Reggie Bush.

"It was obvious that it was staged," he told "Good Day LA" on Friday. "There were contracts already in place for E! to film it ... The whole show was staged to a T."

This echoes what he alleged during a chat this week on "The Elvis Duran Morning Show" (via the New York Post): "She knew weeks before getting married she didn't want to do it. She's never gotten over [Bush]."

(According to Kim, the run-up to the nuptials made her feel "like I was on a fast roller coaster and couldn't get off when now I know I probably should have. I got caught up with the hoopla and the filming of the TV show that when I probably should have ended my relationship, I didn't know how to and didn't want to disappoint a lot of people.")

Meanwhile, Jaxson also offers up what has to be one of our favorite claims about Kardashian's romance, namely, that the reality star has been in possession of her $2 million diamond engagement ring for years.

"On December 26, 2007, Kim wanted to stage a paparazzi moment acting like she got engaged because she was with Reggie Bush at the time," he contends to Radar Online. "So I did a setup with her with the same ring.

He claims Kardashian arrived at a Beverly Hills jeweler with the ring in her purse and put it on before exiting to ensure the tipped-off paparazzi got a shot.

"It was calculated to a T and then it was leaked to a magazine," the blabby Jaxson continued during his radio appearance.

He added that Bush was clueless about Kim's purported PR plan, and the discovery supposedly doomed the romance.

As for Humphries, it seems despite rumblings that he's refusing to sign the divorce papers, he's apparently moving ahead with the split. TMZ says he's retained the services of his Minnesota attorney, Lee Hutton, to end the union, which will be "easy as pie" because of the ironclad prenuptial agreement.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:03 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'd be so proud if she were my daughter! :king:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:07 pm 

:P Agreed Bnb! How many daughters can be multimillionaires? I guess it isn't what you do but how much money you have in the bank that matters. :up: If KK were a stripper and made millions people would not respect her work but in the end people love the fact she can buy anything she wants and she doesn't have the finanical burden most people have to make a living. Come to think of it hypothetically if she were an ordinary good looking gal with no money she would still be a gold digger and sell her services to the highest bidder in marriage so she would win either way. This is what you call having your cake and eating it to. :up:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:53 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I was being utterly facetious, Scout.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:01 pm 

Oh well my bad Bnb! :lol:

Profile E-mail