It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ESPN No Longer Free
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:49 pm 

Has anyone else looked at the ESPN website lately? I was looking over some of my regular favorite features and started to notice the number of little orange "insider" logos have tripled since they added the insider feature. Now anything related to rumors, fantasy, game matchups, playoffs, drafts, and opinion articles now are classed as insider. The only thing that is really free is rosters, depth charts, statistics, and wire news. But that may not last very long at the rate things are going.

The sad thing is most sports news outlets are going the same route. The only one left that isn't heavily fee based is FOX Sports and SI.com and even they have hidden 'pay only' features. Reminds me of the MLB when they offered free audio casts of games and offered charge video broadcasts. Now both are charged broadcasts. The NFL did the same thing. I think the NBA still offers some free audio casts.

It is a very annoying trend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:29 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

yeah I remember listening to AFC games online back in 2002 I think and the next year they were pay for sub. It's getting very lame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:24 pm 
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

its VERY annoying when you are having to watch games on the Gametracker. I had to watch the last TB game on Gametracker, and had no idea what was happening in the overtime, it took so long to update. I guess I will just bite the bullet and pay for the NFL Gamepass or something next year.........

“Mike Vick is one of the most unselfish teammates you'll ever see, because he truly doesn't care about his numbers. As long as I've known him, every time someone says he can't do something or sets up barriers, he leaps over them.”
— Keion Carpenter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:21 pm 

I think the 'live' webcasts are typically about 2 to 5 minutes behind actual gametime.