It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Comfortably numb
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:46 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

ATTENTION: If this post does not describe you please do not act like a 80 year old with alzheimer's and react like a child. This is just a sense of feeling that seems to prevade every Falcons forum,...well, except that bunch of fruits over there, that is on the internet. Maybe we've finally grown up. :)

...a song by Pink Floyd about a junkie musician that became numb to the game. And yes, those of us into music listen to music, not that rap bs regardless our race.

Safety Chris Crocker is out and so will be DT Grady Jackson as we face a team, the Vikings, intent on running the football. Grady hurt his back, which don't sound so great given how big the man is.

There's an even keel amongst Falcons fans right now. In unison, like a collective thought, we can't get excited like everyone else at this time. Like a victim, we've been desensitized to things and now it's like,...okay, whatever.

May as well make this the last post before game time. The usual pregame feast will have to wait till next Sunday as the Jett is working a 48. But the hours before the game will fly by in the morning.

This does feel different,...even back in late 80's when we knew we sucked, there was a glimmer of hope,...some measure of optimism that this would be the year. And maybe that's how we've been conditioned. We don't expect to win every year like Patriots fans because we've just not gotten it done as a franchise in 41 yearslol. Even after getting a new owner with pockets deeper than the Grand Canyon, the curse remains. So it's just a fascinating thing to see in some other forums.

If we lose badly tomorrow, there won't be no complaining about this call or that play selection or that set on defense, none of that stuff. Even if we lose a close game due to a bad call, etc. there'll be no whining.

We're all seeming to be comfortably numb to it all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:47 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Well, I'm 58 years old, and I guess I haven't grown up! LOL! If we lose because we play badly, I'll be screaming and ranting like I always do, and if we win, I'll be ecstatic and cheering from here to Minnesota! If the guys play their hearts out and still lose, I'll just be sad and depressed.

Here's hoping I'm cheering! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:10 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Go Falcons wrote:
Well, I'm 58 years old, and I guess I haven't grown up! LOL! If we lose because we play badly, I'll be screaming and ranting like I always do, and if we win, I'll be ecstatic and cheering from here to Minnesota! If the guys play their hearts out and still lose, I'll just be sad and depressed.

Here's hoping I'm cheering! :)

lol You're not old man, you are in your prime! We'll have lots to discuss win or lose. And I hope you called it,...same here, I wanna see our guys play hard!