It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MV Destroyed
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:12 pm 
Starter
Starter

I don't know about the rest of you - but since MV has been obliterated by this dog fighting deal I have been doing a little research. Did you know that on most of continental Europe dog fighting is an accepted sport? (like stabbing bulls I suppose).

It's right out in the open in Mexico. In Canada it's a misdemeanor...$200 fine.

In Asia - they don't give animals the rights we have here and simply eat them when they are hungry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:27 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, I guess we are so busy killing each other here we can't stand the entertainment competition of killing dogs for sport. As BB once wrote back in the day on the "other board" when it was the center of the universe ( :wink: :lol: ) America=PC run amuck.

Post subject: Re: MV Destroyed
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:29 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Rooster wrote:
I don't know about the rest of you - but since MV has been obliterated by this dog fighting deal I have been doing a little research. Did you know that on most of continental Europe dog fighting is an accepted sport? (like stabbing bulls I suppose).

It's right out in the open in Mexico. In Canada it's a misdemeanor...$200 fine.

In Asia - they don't give animals the rights we have here and simply eat them when they are hungry.

So you are saying that you accept what he did as ok, that he "just killed some dogs" and should be allowed to get on with his life???

And i want to see a link on your research concerning Europe. I live here and the people are even more crazy about their dogs..

And your topic line should read " Vick destroyed himself".

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm".
Henry David Thoreau

Fail to prepare and you prepare to fail.

"Luck is the residue of design." - Branch Rickey

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:40 pm 
Starter
Starter

BirdBrain wrote:
Rooster wrote:
I So you are saying that you accept what he did as ok, that he "just killed some dogs" and should be allowed to get on with his life???.

Not OK in our environment...but 200 years ago fighting dogs was the sport of Kings. Some say that animal cruelty is the first step to homicide. I really doubt MV is a human killer...he just got caught up in the lifestyle.

I've said it once and I'll say it again...it's not the gambling...nor the dog fighting (along with other NFL players - at least one on our team right now)...it was the cruelty.

Personally, I remember putting firecrackers in toads mouths as a ten year old and me and my friends watched their heads get blown off. I went on to HS and College and served as a Navy Officer.
I sponsor kids in Africa via the Christian Children's fund.

Do I feel bad thinking back about those toads - yeah.

MV just needs to grow up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:56 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

a russian czar supposedly sent mao tse tung a couple of pure bred german shepards as a gift. later on when the czar got together with mao, he asked him how those german shepards were. mao responded, "delicious, thank you."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:17 pm 
Starter
Starter

LOL

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:30 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Rooster wrote:
BirdBrain wrote:
Rooster wrote:
I So you are saying that you accept what he did as ok, that he "just killed some dogs" and should be allowed to get on with his life???.

Not OK in our environment...but 200 years ago fighting dogs was the sport of Kings. Some say that animal cruelty is the first step to homicide. I really doubt MV is a human killer...he just got caught up in the lifestyle.

I've said it once and I'll say it again...it's not the gambling...nor the dog fighting (along with other NFL players - at least one on our team right now)...it was the cruelty.

Personally, I remember putting firecrackers in toads mouths as a ten year old and me and my friends watched their heads get blown off. I went on to HS and College and served as a Navy Officer.

I agree pretty much. As a writer recently said, we all call dog fighting inhumane and bull fighting a tourist destination. Regardless, in the context in which Mike and the rest of us live he pretty much crapped in his mess kit.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:36 pm 
Starter
Starter

backnblack wrote:
Rooster wrote:
[I agree pretty much. As a writer recently said, we all call dog fighting inhumane and bull fighting a tourist destination. Regardless, in the context in which Mike and the rest of us live he pretty much crapped in his mess kit.

Most of life is tiiming...I took my wife to a bullfight (and she was happy to see Spain)...and she didn't seem to care that the Bull got abused - then killed. But she (now my ex) hates MV.

Go Figure...GD women

Last edited by Rooster on Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:38 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, of course, we eat cattle but, as you mention above, elsewhere people eat dogs. it is known as the Cult of Cute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:43 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I spent a week in Spain several years ago as part of HS trip over the summer, and had the displeasure of viewing a bullfight on TV. It really is no less cruel than a dogfight. In fact, I would say it's more so.

It is a bit hypocritical country we live in. I'm sure many of the people that want to fry Vick would take their kids to the circus the next week and not bat an eye.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:44 pm 
Starter
Starter

backnblack wrote:
Well, of course, we eat cattle but, as you mention above, elsewhere people eat dogs. it is known as the Cult of Cute.

Hey Back....I spent some times overseas in the Navy and got a few "cuisine" pointers.

Do you know what a "Balut" is?

It's a duck egg that they allow to develop and then eat the baby.

They also season it :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:45 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Rooster wrote:
BirdBrain wrote:
Rooster wrote:

There are many things that happened 200 years ago, that are unacceptable today. No matter how you want to sugar coat it he was found guilty of a felony. Also being an Officer and a Christian doesn't mean there aren't problems. I could give you a list of people meeting those requirements that would render the argument moot. But we would be here all day. And yes, putting firecrackers in toads mouths and blowing them up is sick, whether you are 10 or 50.

And don't forget the underlying anger towards women ("GD Women")....looks like a serial killer in the making to me...

Vince Lombardi

Henry David Thoreau

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:55 pm 
Starter
Starter

BirdBrain wrote:
...And don't forget the underlying anger towards women ("GD Women")....looks like a serial killer in the making to me...

I didn't catch that in the media...did he really say something like that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:57 pm 
Starter
Starter

OTOH I mainly hate women too :D you just can't admit it :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:05 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20467347/

Trial by public opinion...is it the crime or the fact that it was a "gay crime" that has folks the most riled? No one would ever admit in today's political environment to the latter.

If blowing up frogs, pulling wings of flies or shooting songbirds is an indicator of a serial killer in the making we have one hell of a bloodbath coming. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:29 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

backnblack wrote:

Trial by public opinion...is it the crime or the fact that it was a "gay crime" that has folks the most riled? No one would ever admit in today's political environment to the latter.

If blowing up frogs, pulling wings of flies or shooting songbirds is an indicator of a serial killer in the making we have one hell of a bloodbath coming. :lol:

The USA is already involved in a bloodbath BNB....the argument is of course a chicken/egg deal. Most of the criminals i had the pleasure to interview, those involved in violent crime, tended to have a history of violence against animals. That's just the way it is. It really is a sadistic response to an impulse. Some drop it along with wetting the bed etc....some just take it a step further.

Vince Lombardi

Henry David Thoreau

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:06 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Pudge wrote:
I spent a week in Spain several years ago as part of HS trip over the summer, and had the displeasure of viewing a bullfight on TV. It really is no less cruel than a dogfight. In fact, I would say it's more so.

It is a bit hypocritical country we live in. I'm sure many of the people that want to fry Vick would take their kids to the circus the next week and not bat an eye.

I've been to many Asien towns and villages. Dog is a delicacy in many. Go into a market and see many skinned and hung for the buyer.

That's Asia, this is the US and we don't sell our children either.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:30 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

BirdBrain wrote:
backnblack wrote:

The USA is already involved in a bloodbath BNB....the argument is of course a chicken/egg deal. Most of the criminals i had the pleasure to interview, those involved in violent crime, tended to have a history of violence against animals. That's just the way it is. It really is a sadistic response to an impulse. Some drop it along with wetting the bed etc....some just take it a step further.

True enough. There is allegedly a book of the Bible that was cast aside (But that's another story...boy is it!) wherein JC killed a bird as a child a willed it back to life. There are people who say boys do not naturally play with guns or lean towards violence or that they grow out of that as they age....but here we sit obssessing on surrogate war, i.e, the NFL. Or is that love of the bone jarring tackle just vicarious response to an impulse? Or maybe just psychobabble. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:37 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Football is just a religion, pure and simple.....and you are right..it is a form of war. We live through the escapades, good and bad, and the identification with the players is paramount to enjoying the games.

Vince Lombardi

Henry David Thoreau

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:42 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Football is a sect...rock and roll is a religion. :lol: