It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:00 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Travis Henry has been a busy guy.....
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:04 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Broncos player ordered to pay child support in Georgia
Travis Henry reportedly fathered nine children in four states

By TY TAGAMI
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 08/25/07

Travis Henry just got tackled by a $3,000-a-month child support judgment.

Sure, the Denver Broncos running back has a $25 million contract and a base monthly salary approaching $50,000, but that kind of bill can still crimp your style when you're accustomed to expensive cars and fancy jewelry — and lots of other child support payments.

Henry, 28, has fathered nine children by nine women in at least four Southern states and has been ordered by various judges to provide child support for seven of them, according to court records involving one child living in DeKalb County.

DeKalb Superior Court Judge Clarence Seeliger this week ordered Henry to provide $3,000 a month for the Lithonia boy he fathered out of wedlock three years ago with Jameshia Beacham, now 29.

Henry isn't the most thrifty guy, according to court records, so the judge wants to ensure payment by establishing an unusual $250,000 trust that Henry must fund by next spring.

Seeliger wrote that the football player displayed "bad judgment in his spending habits," dropping $100,000 for a car and $146,000 for jewelry. Meanwhile, Henry fell behind on support payments for his child with Beacham that were mandated by a previous order. Threatened with jail, he borrowed $9,800 from his former team, the Tennessee Titans, to pay the bill, according to court records.

The trust ensures Beacham will get timely payment if the pro player falls behind on his installments again. Yet the trust could be a sticking point for Henry, who could appeal.

His lawyer, Shiel Edlin, said that to his knowledge the trust would be without precedent in Georgia. A quarter-million dollars is a lot of money, even for Henry, Edlin said. "He has some concerns and he's weighing his options."

Beacham could not be reached for comment. Her lawyer, Robert Wellon, said he asked that the trust be set up because Henry rarely made the payments mandated by an earlier order, though they were $800 less a month. Wellon said there was testimony establishing that Henry received a $1 million bonus earlier this year but quickly spent most of it, buying, among other things, a Mercedes and gold jewelry.

"My argument was, if he makes wise investments, other than in gold chains, then he should be able to make the payments," Wellon said.

Edlin, though, said Henry collected much less than $1 million after taxes, and he said much of it went to debts. "He doesn't have any money," Edlin said. "The guy has significant financial issues."

Records show that Henry's children are scattered across both the American and National Football Conferences — including Florida, North Carolina, Tennessee and Georgia. Wellon said Henry talked about gathering them together to watch him at training camp. Indeed, part of the custody arrangement Henry reached with Beacham requires two weekend visits when he is playing pro ball.

Edlin said Henry wants to be a good parent. "I know these are a lot of kids, and there might be some questions about it," he said, "but he's a really committed father."

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm".
Henry David Thoreau

Fail to prepare and you prepare to fail.

"Luck is the residue of design." - Branch Rickey

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:26 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

I was readin that earlier on the PFT site, that's a trip. Nine kids by nine different women, that is insane, dude needs to get a vasectomy or somethin, someone call Lorena Bobbit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:50 pm 
Starter
Starter

_T_E_C_O_ wrote:
I was readin that earlier on the PFT site, that's a trip. Nine kids by nine different women, that is insane, dude needs to get a vasectomy or somethin, someone call Lorena Bobbit.

This sort of thing is getting out of hand IMO...the guy will get hurt sooner or later and will lose his income and will end up with little to nothing in the long run. The women won't save the money for the kid's education. They'll blow it on cars and jewelry and partying and pedicures. It's sad. These women need to simply be made responsible for their own "gold digging".

These "Baby..don't worry..I'm on the pill" gold diggers are a real problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:55 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Rooster wrote:
_T_E_C_O_ wrote:

This sort of thing is getting out of hand IMO...the guy will get hurt sooner or later and will lose his income and will end up with little to nothing in the long run. The women won't save the money for the kid's education. They'll blow it on cars and jewelry and partying and pedicures. It's sad. These women need to simply be made responsible for their own "gold digging".

These "Baby..don't worry..I'm on the pill" gold diggers are a real problem.

Hey man! It takes two! I think they are equally responsible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:10 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Go Falcons wrote:
Hey man! It takes two! I think they are equally responsible.

Better said, equally irresponsible!

Frankly Rooster, calling 9 baby mamas all gold diggers is really a stretch. If they were, then clearly Travis Henry has got to be one of the stupidest human beings alive. It should only take 1, maybe 2 gold digging women tops before you stop and say, "Hey, wait a minute!" But Mr. Henry decided that he needed to plow 7-8 more fields before it started to sink in. As George Bush would say, "Fool me once, uh, fool me nine times, the point is you can't fool me again!"

Clearly, if we are to jump to any conclusions without knowing any intimate details about who is in the wrong, it's Mr. Henry.

And establishing a trust of $250,000 won't be a big stretch for him. That's about 7 game checks this year, which means that he won't have to dip into the $12 million guaranteed that was given to him by the Broncos this past March, freeing him up to purchase more cars and jewelry.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:17 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Young and dumb and full of cum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:07 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

To paraphrase a quote Groucho Marx never made but is attributed to him, "I like my cigars, but I do take them out of my mouth from time to time."

W

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:58 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Was it really Bill Clinton who said that?