It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CONGRATS to Warner Robins, GA!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:58 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

United States Champs!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Go get em tomorrow!!!

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm".
Henry David Thoreau

Fail to prepare and you prepare to fail.

"Luck is the residue of design." - Branch Rickey

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:34 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Yay! Awesome games today! I'm really excited about this team! I graduated from Warner Robins High School many years ago, and then attended Mercer University in Macon, Ga. I'm really pulling for these kids to win tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:48 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Go Falcons wrote:
Yay! Awesome games today! I'm really excited about this team! I graduated from Warner Robins High School many years ago, and then attended Mercer University in Macon, Ga. I'm really pulling for these kids to win tomorrow.

Me as well..Class of 74...I even remember when Mercer had a good basketball team...lol

Vince Lombardi

Henry David Thoreau

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:30 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

BirdBrain wrote:
Go Falcons wrote:

Me as well..Class of 74...I even remember when Mercer had a good basketball team...lol

I was at Mercer from 67 to 69. It's a small world. LOL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:37 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Go Falcons wrote:
BirdBrain wrote:
Go Falcons wrote:

I was at Mercer from 67 to 69. It's a small world. LOL.

Well I should clarify...I was a Warner Robins Grad in 74...i sort of wrote it that it seemed i was a Mercer grad...Mercer is a great little school though. My school , LSU, did a little better in Sports...but i went to my first college Basketball game at Mercer.Did you go to Jr. High at Rumble as well???

Vince Lombardi

Henry David Thoreau

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:00 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

BirdBrain wrote:
Well I should clarify...I was a Warner Robins Grad in 74...i sort of wrote it that it seemed i was a Mercer grad...Mercer is a great little school though. My school , LSU, did a little better in Sports...but i went to my first college Basketball game at Mercer.Did you go to Jr. High at Rumble as well???

Sorry, I misunderstood about Mercer. No...didn't go to Rumble. we moved to Warner Robins the summer before my Freshman year. The school was ravaged by fire during my Junior year...we did double sessions at Northside during the remainder of my Junior and Senior years.

Post subject: Re: CONGRATS to Warner Robins, GA!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:04 pm 
Starter
Starter

BirdBrain wrote:
United States Champs!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Go get em tomorrow!!!

Bigtime Congrats to Warner Robbins for beating a tough Texas team! My son played L.L. for East Marietta and we always had to go up against Columbus, Warner Robbins, Buckhead Baseball, Murphy Candler, Sandy Springs, and the like...real competitive baseball at the state level.

Happy to see the Georgia teams winning the regional over the Florida teams for a change. The S.E. and S.W. regionals are the hardest to win............GO W/R!

P.S. - I've followed L.L. for awhile (my boy played all-stars at state for Coach Hilton - a L.L. legend who managed the 1983 World Champs).

I think due to the new pitching rules, the kid who threw 4 1/2 innings for GA today is a real hero. GA should have it's top pitcher available to start tomorrow. But still...those kids from Japan are tough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:39 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

It's a small real definitely because I still live here in Warner Robins, well Kathleen now, and I also went to Mercer. Graduated from Northside though in 95 and Mercer in 99. As for these kids, I know many of them as I have taught at one of the schools that they came through such as Micah Wells.

This is a great bunch of kids, and just think, last year our WR boys lost to the future champs in Columbus at the state finals, so it could have been 2 years running for our boys.

Win or lose, I am proud of them. I am not however proud of the Texas coach. Check out what he said after the game.

Lubbock manager Ed Thorne, when asked if he was convinced that the better team lost, said, "Yes sir, I am."

"Japan will win that ballgame," Thorne said. "Every ball we hit went right at people. You hate to lose games like that, but that's baseball.
"http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/llws07/news/story?id=2991171

Come on and support your American team win or lose. That did upset me! Go WRALL!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:11 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Central (Macon) 81 Mercer 85 (BA) 88 (JD)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:16 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

My father went to Mercer and I applied and was accepted there...so they can't have very high standards! :lol: Congrats to WB. Pretty cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:47 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Oh here is something else people might not know about our team here in WR. Our 9-10 year old all star team won state and the Tournament of States as well. They don't have a little league championship. Instead they take state winners and have a Tournament of State and they won that. So we have some talent here in WR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:04 am 
Superstar
Superstar

BirdBrain wrote:
Go Falcons wrote:

The town really supports their kid's athletics. Severall buisness' give jobs to high school athletics. Good town. Nick named the International City because military brings different folks.

Speaking of Mercer, I was a regular at many of their basketball games in the '70s and 80s. Heard recently that they are considering bring back football.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:21 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

John O, it was in today's paper Mercer is thinking about bringing football back. Of course it's all about the money and if financially it would be a good thing for them or not. I think it would be neat for them to have it. They wouldn't be dominate, but it would be fun to watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:27 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

BoohYA!!!!!!!! Excellent game by both sides!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vince Lombardi

Henry David Thoreau

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:42 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

WORLD CHAMPIONS! Yay Warner Robins!!!! What a game it was! Hated for either team to have to lose! Hope Ed Thorne likes crow!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:48 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Kendall pitched a GREAT game and Dalton...well...what can you say? He did it the whole tournament.

Words can't express how happy I am for my local boys. Knowing most of these kids makes it so much better. I am so proud of them. Way to go WRALL! You have made us proud!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:07 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

starley657 wrote:
John O, it was in today's paper Mercer is thinking about bringing football back. Of course it's all about the money and if financially it would be a good thing for them or not. I think it would be neat for them to have it. They wouldn't be dominate, but it would be fun to watch.

Yes, I'd pay to see them.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:15 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

John O wrote:
starley657 wrote:

Yes, I'd pay to see them.

I remember i used to go to the Ft. Valley State games.....not top college football...but still VERY competitive, some players did go to the pros. You would think that with all of the great High School Football in the area that Mercer could still recruit some very good players.

Vince Lombardi

Henry David Thoreau

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:12 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I think it would all depend on the division they started out in, but I think they could field a decent team. I would go watch my alma mater play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:27 pm 
Starter
Starter

starley657 wrote:
WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Kendall pitched a GREAT game and Dalton...well...what can you say? He did it the whole tournament.

Words can't express how happy I am for my local boys. Knowing most of these kids makes it so much better. I am so proud of them. Way to go WRALL! You have made us proud!!!

If you see that WRALL team manager walking around town give him a pat on the back too. He managed his pitching best and outsmarted the Texas mgr.

Overall great effort!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:46 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

BirdBrain wrote:
I remember i used to go to the Ft. Valley State games.....not top college football...but still VERY competitive, some players did go to the pros. You would think that with all of the great High School Football in the area that Mercer could still recruit some very good players.

You might have seen me on the field at some of the Wildcat home games if it was in the mid 80s. Didn't blow to many calls in those games. We tried to keep the flags in the pocket unless it was flagrent.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:52 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

John O wrote:
BirdBrain wrote:

You might have seen me on the field at some of the Wildcat home games if it was in the mid 80s. Didn't blow to many calls in those games. We tried to keep the flags in the pocket unless it was flagrent.

Nope John...it was the early to middle 70's...i had a few friends who i played with at Warner Robins go there. So you were (are) an official...i have known you a long time and never knew that....

Vince Lombardi

Henry David Thoreau

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:27 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Rooster...supposedly Mickey is going to hang up coaching and spend more time with his family. I think it would be great to go out on top. He's spent a lot of time at the WRALL and is a good man.