It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Craziness that is Pro-Athlete
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:49 am 

Listening to the radio this morning they had some quotes from professional athletes about Mike Vick. They kinda make you go.... hmmmmmm?

Roy Jones Jr.: "But just because they have the animals doesn't mean they are fighting the animals. Michael Vick doesn't have that kind of time to train and raise dogs... I like bulldogs and I like their mentally. They are making this so bad, but really two dogs fighting can happen in anyone's backyard or on the street. It happened in my backyard, two of my dogs fought and one died."

Roy Jones (not sure if this is the boxer or NFL player): This was a radio quote where Jones compares the prosecution of Michael Vick to the persecution of Jesus. He also closes with a comment that people are trying to kill Michael Vick. Wedged in between the crazy is a statement about Jamal Lewis and how he was given a second chance. I can't find the exact text of the comment.

Stephan Marbury: "We don't say anything about people shooting deers and shooting other animals, you know what I mean? From what I hear, dogfighting is a sport. It's just behind closed doors"

Fred McCrary: Well there is one ex-Falcon still defending Vick. In a recent radio interview McCrary states that 'we don't know if Michael Vick killed those dogs.' Really Fred? Even when there are 3 eye witnesses with statements saying Michael Vick killed under performing dogs?

Makes you wonder how the mind of an athlete functions sometimes.[/i]