It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Even more legal troubles for Vick. New charge on Friday 8/17
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:50 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Vick gets $25 fine for not wearing seat belt

Aug 17, 2007 10:09 PM

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - Michael Vick's legal expenses are getting a little more expensive.

The FORMER Atlanta Falcons quarterback is facing federal dogfighting charges in Richmond. He also is facing a civil penalty for not wearing his seat belt.

Virginia State Police Sergeant D.S. Carr says a trooper cited Vick for not wearing his seat belt when a car he was riding in was pulled over in Isle of Wight County yesterday because the tint on the windows was too dark.

Carr says it was Vick's car, but someone else was driving. The driver was cited for the tint and Vick was slapped with a $25 fine for not buckling up.

There are no court costs, and Vick doesn't have to appear in court. Carr says Vick can prepay the fine if he wants.
http://www.wavy.com/Global/story.asp?S=6949394

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm".
Henry David Thoreau

Fail to prepare and you prepare to fail.

"Luck is the residue of design." - Branch Rickey

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:27 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

The little guy is better than you and me and everyone else,...has this not been something to be perfectly clear by now to all?

Has it not become evident that this little guy expects, to this day, to be treated different even when it appears his little ASS is a maggot? Pardon my extreme statement, but it's true.

Mexico still expects to be treated as a celebrity. He still thinks he's gonna play in the NFL one day. In his mind, he's not guilty,...those were just dogs afterall.

Vick has a problem and it's not physical.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:00 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

PB21 wrote:
The little guy is better than you and me and everyone else,...has this not been something to be perfectly clear by now to all?

Has it not become evident that this little guy expects, to this day, to be treated different even when it appears his little ASS is a maggot? Pardon my extreme statement, but it's true.

Mexico still expects to be treated as a celebrity. He still thinks he's gonna play in the NFL one day. In his mind, he's not guilty,...those were just dogs afterall.

Vick has a problem and it's not physical.

I am inclined to agree with you here. Actually the word 'delusional" comes to mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:41 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

This is piling on. Or maybe it is because I've gotten two tickets in the last month for the same thing. :lol: Stupid law anyway, IMHO. Frankly, I think that the public is so hostile towards Mike now that he will be more inclined to not get breaks. It's not like he had a gun under the a seat. i kind of expected to see the name Fife somewhere in this report. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:59 am 
Superstar
Superstar

backnblack wrote:
This is piling on. Or maybe it is because I've gotten two tickets in the last month for the same thing. :lol: Stupid law anyway, IMHO. Frankly, I think that the public is so hostile towards Mike now that he will be more inclined to not get breaks. It's not like he had a gun under the a seat. i kind of expected to see the name Fife somewhere in this report. :wink:

As to the "stupidity" of the law, since my insurance rates and taxes are higher for paying for the idiots that are too stupid to wear a simple safety device I am al for it. If you were completely on your own for any injuries that could have been prevented or mitigated by wearing a seat belt, then you may have a basis for calling it a stupid law.

It simply trys to protect our wallets from idiots.

W

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:42 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, I've heard that argument. Where are the laws against smoking, drinking, eating saturated fats and playing contact sports that also effect everybody's insurance rates?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:19 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Another stupid mistake.

As anybody whom has ever traveled in VA knows you will obey their traffic laws. US 58 from I95 to Suffolk, Chesapeake, Norfolk, which Vick has driven numerous times is evidence that the "Po-Po" don't play games. Nobody goes over 60. If they get you going over, better have it buckled.

A big difference from driving in Georgia. Vick should have known better.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:24 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

backnblack wrote:
Yeah, I've heard that argument. Where are the laws against smoking, drinking, eating saturated fats and playing contact sports that also effect everybody's insurance rates?

Smoking is banned just about everywhere now, DUI is not covered by insurance, you already pay for the insurance for contact sports, and they'll take my burger when they pry it from my greasy fingers. :D Mmmmmmmm burrrrger [insert Homer drooling noises]

W

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:10 am 
Superstar
Superstar

FalconWease wrote:
backnblack wrote:

Smoking is banned just about everywhere now, DUI is not covered by insurance, you already pay for the insurance for contact sports, and they'll take my burger when they pry it from my greasy fingers. :D Mmmmmmmm burrrrger [insert Homer drooling noises]

W

You are wrong idiot,...here we have smoking rooms that are right beside non smoking areas,...idiot. You are wrong,...DUI, if there is an accident is covered by many insurance angencies, idiot. Amazing idiocy,...and yep, your fingers are always greasy because you no more a lawyer than I'm a belly dancer.

It should be public knowledge where you practice,...where is that? Where do you practice boy?