It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Presa Canarios
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:20 am 
Starter
Starter

I remeber in the earliest part of the MV case I got a link to his kennel website (not bad newz)...his normal kennel site.

Anyway he was holding up a Presa Canario pup. Looks to me like MV wasn't only involved - he was on the cutting edge of dog fighting tech.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Presa Canario

(excerpted from SFGate.com)

...The media frenzy surrounding the fatal mauling of a San Francisco woman by a Presa Canario dog could have been bad news for the future of the obscure canine breed.

But breeders say the notoriety has caused just the opposite: more calls from people looking for killer canines.

"They want a pit bull on steroids," said Mac Harris, a New York breeder. "And these dogs can be just that if they're raised the wrong way."

After the killing of Diane Whipple in her Pacific Heights apartment building made national headlines, Presa Canario breeders say, calls and e- mails from prospective buyers have tripled or quadrupled.

Some of those inquiries have been disconcerting: A lawyer wanted protection from his clients, a California kennel owner wanted the "ultimate aggressive dog," and one man even asked for the very animal that killed Whipple.

And, with the media frenzy in the aftermath of the killing, the Presa Canario -- a breed that some law enforcement officials have nervously eyed as the next big thing in the seedy world of dog fighting -- may have gotten the push it needed to send sales skyrocketing.

"This could be the next dog of choice among criminals," said Det. Bob Beals,

a dog-fighting expert with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

Breeders voiced the same fears.

"The exact kind of person who should not have a Presa Canario are now the ones asking about it," said Irina Vyatkin, co-owner of Red Star Kennel in Hudson, Wis. "We have people who want weapons -- not dogs."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:01 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

"A lawyer wanted,... :lol: protection :lol: from his clients?":lol: I don't care who you are, that's funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:56 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

PB21 wrote:
"A lawyer wanted,... :lol: protection :lol: from his clients?":lol: I don't care who you are, that's funny.

Why? You don't think any service provider may have wacko clients?

Did a lawyer pee in your cheerios or not leave you a good tip or some thing?

W

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:20 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

awwww,...I wasn't pointing you out. My lawyer that deals with real estate,...dealing with the buying of property and such, is a great little troll.

The other guys are more,...intense. They are great too. They love a challenge.

It is funny to me that a lawyer wants a dawg to protect him from his clients. Honestly, I think someone made that one up. A lawyer has plenty to protect him or her self from his or her clients.

And I don't eat Cheerios,...I just know the nature of the,...ahem, beast, if you will.;)