46 (WGCL) News Atlanta
ATLANTA -- Sources said Tuesday that Michael Vickâ€™s defense team is divided over a possible plea deal for the Atlanta Falcons quarterback.
Those sources told CBS 46â€™s Gil Tyree Tuesday that one part of the defense team wants to cut a deal, while the other wants to take its chances with a trial.
Vick and others are accused of running an interstate dogfighting enterprise known as "Bad Newz Kennels" on Vick's property in rural Virginia.
If the Vick case does go to trial, sources said Tuesday that one of Vick's teammates, who is a prominent member of the team, could be called to testify. The sources say the Falcons know about this.
The Falcons did not comment on the case Tuesday night.
Owner Arthur Blank is vacationing at his summer home in Montana.
Report say federal prosecutors have given the Vick defense team until Friday to reach a plea deal or possibly face new charges stemming from the dogfighting investigation.
* August 14, 2007: Report: Michael Vick Considering Plea Deal
* August 14, 2007: Two Vick Co-Defendants To Enter Pleas
* August 13, 2007: NFL: Report On Vick Suspension False
* July 31, 2007: Michael Vick Indictment - Timeline Of Events
* July 30, 2007: Vick Speaks For First Time Since Indictment
* July 30, 2007: Co-Defendant Says Vick Bankrolled Dogfighting Ring
* July 30, 2007: NAACP: Be Fair To Vick
* July 28, 2007: Sponsors Continue To Fall For Vick
* July 27, 2007: Reebok, Nike Sack Vick
* July 27, 2007: Vick Supporters Protest At Flowery Branch
* July 26, 2007: Vick Pleads Not Guilty
* July 24, 2007: Blank: Facts, Not Emotions, Needed In Vick Case
* July 23, 2007: Vick Protesters March At Falcons Headquarters
* July 21, 2007: Animal Protests Held In Front Of Nike, NFL Over Vick
* July 20, 2007: Sen. Kerry Calls For Vick's Suspension
* July 19, 2007: Blank Issues Statement On Vick Indictment