It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vick's Plea Bargan
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:55 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

As the saying goes, "I'd love to be a fly on the wall" during those negotiations. Unless I'm wrong the Feds version of plea bargaining is "We got you, you're going down, the only discussion is for how long and how much you can give us".

The threat of an additional indictment with charges that could include gambling (an NFL career killer)and a racketeering (the dreaded RICO) clause that sucks up most of what you have, are inducements to plea bargan.

But, I think the Feds want Vick to flip a few big names in the Dog Fighting world. I don't think the Feds got involved just to break up BadNewz Kennels. We'll see by the end of the week. If Vick flips, he'll need to look over his shoulder cause some of these guys don't play fair.

Just my humble opinion.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:02 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Agree with all the points John. And to think it possibly could have all been avoided had Poindexter and Vick's lawyers reached some sort of bargain before it went to a federal level. I may be wrong, but i don't think the FEDS would have been involved had Poindexter executed the warrants properly. And the NFL wouldn't have become involved with their own investigation had Vick copped a plea with the State of Virginia, served 3 months and paid a huge fine.Goodell would have suspended him for 4-6 games and that would have been that.

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm".
Henry David Thoreau

Fail to prepare and you prepare to fail.

"Luck is the residue of design." - Branch Rickey

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:10 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

BirdBrain wrote:
Agree with all the points John. And to think it possibly could have all been avoided had Poindexter and Vick's lawyers reached some sort of bargain before it went to a federal level. I may be wrong, but i don't think the FEDS would have been involved had Poindexter executed the warrants properly. And the NFL wouldn't have become involved with their own investigation had Vick copped a plea with the State of Virginia, served 3 months and paid a huge fine.Goodell would have suspended him for 4-6 games and that would have been that.

Poindexter, for some reason "dragged his feet" and the investigation floundered. The Feds were interested spectators waiting for the State to uncover something they might be able to use down the line. When Poindexter ran his mouth and did nothing, the property was burglarized

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:12 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

John O wrote:
BirdBrain wrote:

Poindexter, for some reason "dragged his feet" and the investigation floundered. The Feds were interested spectators waiting for the State to uncover something they might be able to use down the line. When Poindexter ran his mouth and did nothing, the property was burglarized and the Feds were concerned evidence was being stolen. Thus they jumped in and Poindexter was history.

Profile E-mail