It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:32 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Running of the pit bulls
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:23 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Every time the running of the bulls in Spain comes around,...the media coverage is full blown. Some dozen or so bulls run down a street as young men try to show how stupid they are in some type of ancient ritual. Ever wonder what happens to those bulls after the run?

In America we have dogs being put to sleep in large numbers because they're dangerous to people and other animals. We should start our own yearly festival known as the running of the pit bulls.

Since a writer in Philly recently revealed that Philadelphia is a site for dog fights, they could cordon the path that Rocky took and have a great spectacle.

The revelations that dog fighting occurs regularly on the streets of D.C.,...cordon off Pennsylvania Avenue and watch the pit bulls run.

It's conceivable Surry County, VA could create a runway or something and make lots of money,...as we know lawyers like money easily gained(CHEESE???).

Of course the question has to be asked,...who will be the young men trying to show their courage in these events,...running with the pit bulls? Remember,..."it's just a dog."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:59 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

About 7-8 summers ago, I was on a school-sponsored trip to Spain and France. And one day when were chilling in the hotel in Spain, I watched a bullfight.

Those things are cruel. More so than dogfights.

So whenever I see videos of bullfights, and the bull gores the matador, I cheer. Good for the bull. And anytime a bull jumps into the crowd, I cheer also.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:01 am 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

Pudge wrote:
About 7-8 summers ago, I was on a school-sponsored trip to Spain and France. And one day when were chilling in the hotel in Spain, I watched a bullfight.

Those things are cruel. More so than dogfights.

So whenever I see videos of bullfights, and the bull gores the matador, I cheer. Good for the bull. And anytime a bull jumps into the crowd, I cheer also.

100% agreement