It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just plain stupid senseless killings included Dallas Greens
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:08 am 

I just read this and shake me head. I don't know what's going on with some people to do a thing like this. All lives are important but when I read about a little girl being one of the victims it just hurts even more to think about the shootings in Arizona. The little girl was former major league manager Dallas Green's granddaughter 9 yr old third grader. I can only imagine the grief the family must be going through and all the other families that it happened to What a terrible tragedy for the victims. My condonlences to the Green family and the rest of the families that were part of this terrible event.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_le ... mlb-305133

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Just plain stupid senseless killings included Dallas Gre
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:47 am 

The little girl was born on Sept 11,2001 and I just can't get over how a senesless act this was for the people that became victims. I know it's the world we live in. Well we don't know how long each of us will be here on earth but this little girl did all she could to make it a better place. RIP Christina Taylor Green.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:01 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Senseless is the right word. One of the drawbacks of being a 2nd amendment nation is that crazy people have just as much "right" to carry a weapon too. The VT killings, Fort Hood shooting a year ago, and this, it's just an all too common occurrence where someone gets a seed planted in their head to go out and do violence.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:00 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, we shake our heads at the senselessness of suicide bombers in the ME and yet we have countless equally senseless deaths such as these right at home. There is a slight difference in the politicization of the bombers but I can really only assume that they are also simply madmen (and women) like this guy. Somebody--with a gun--always thinks he has a better way, huh?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:18 pm 

backnblack wrote:
Yeah, we shake our heads at the senselessness of suicide bombers in the ME and yet we have countless equally senseless deaths such as these right at home. There is a slight difference in the politicization of the bombers but I can really only assume that they are also simply madmen (and women) like this guy. Somebody--with a gun--always thinks he has a better way, huh?

Also consider some of these crazy people do it to sadly become famous. The more the media report on it the bigger their fame. It's a sick way of become famous but that's the culture we live in. This won't be the last time it happens and yet will anything change because of this incident? It will be a footnote in history and the world moves on. For the people that lost loved ones their world we be shaken forever.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:44 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

thescout wrote:
backnblack wrote:

Also consider some of these crazy people do it to sadly become famous. The more the media report on it the bigger their fame. It's a sick way of become famous but that's the culture we live in. This won't be the last time it happens and yet will anything change because of this incident? It will be a footnote in history and the world moves on. For the people that lost loved ones their world we be shaken forever.

True but what can be done about it? Freedom's just another word for chaos.