Kyle Eastwood Band

For off-topic and non-football related topics such as life, TV, movies, women, video games, etc. If you want to talk other sports, such as MLB, NBA, soccer, etc. this is also the right place.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

thescout

Kyle Eastwood Band

Postby thescout » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:49 pm

Probably not alot of people on the board know Clint Eastwood's son Kyle is a big time bass player. Here's a recording clip I found thought I would share with the forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs17olfS ... re=related
Sometimes running the Mularkey offense makes me feel like I'm in a prison.

backnblack
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Kyle Eastwood Band

Postby backnblack » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:14 pm

I didn't know he played. Very nimble.

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Postby Pudge » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:33 pm

I saw Invictus the other day on HBO, and noticed in the credits that he was listed for some of the soundtrack stuff.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

thescout

Postby thescout » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:52 pm

Yes, I think he even tried acting on some bit parts also. He sure looks alot like Clint. I'm glad he seems to have his head on straight unlike alot of famous kids who take things for granted. I think Clint is a big jazz fan also so maybe it rubbed off on Kyle. Glad to see the kid is doing what he loves even without the media attention. You see so many kids act like their going into music, movies etc and really don't put their heart into it.They've been giving the good fortune of a golden opportunity yet throw it away but Kyle has been around for awhile it isn't like he just started the music yesterday.

In today's music scene really hard to make it as a jazz instrumentalist so more props to Kyle.Usually horn players get the front billing but a bass player? :lol: Whats the world coming to. :lol:

backnblack
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby backnblack » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:01 pm

I'm not that familiar with his career but the name and oddity factor surely does not hurt him. You are absolutely correct though about so many children of the well to do never really getting into thei rown bag...or maybe it is just the ones we hear of that so famously flame out?You know what they always say about jazz...one guy playing sixty chords in front of five people while blues is one guy playing playing five chords in front of sixty people. I like jazz or jazz fusion in medium sized doses. The clip reminded me a bit of some of Jeff Beck's stuff from the 70's--albeit without the killer guitar solos. :x

thescout

Postby thescout » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:04 pm

Check this clip out Bnb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZg2kpPB ... re=related

More of a traditional feel than the electric fusion stuff. Pretty wild and nice sound. Nice tenor solo.

thescout

Postby thescout » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:11 pm

I don't really follow Kyle's career but may keep an eye out for now on. I think he plays alot over in Europe. Just nice to see him loving what he does in this case jazz an art form that many don't appreciate. I'm sure he doesn't have the pressure of paying bills like many struggling artists but got to give the kid props for walking the walk. Back to the point of famous kids we see so many times such a person decides one day to start a singing career and everyone gets excited only to find out the kid/adult flames out and doesn't put in the time and work to make it. Lisa Marie Presley just to name one but there alot of these types.

backnblack
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby backnblack » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:13 pm

I just gotta ask Kyle one question: Do you feel lucky, punk?

thescout

Postby thescout » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:10 pm

backnblack wrote:I just gotta ask Kyle one question: Do you feel lucky, punk?

Careful, Kyle could pull out a magnum out from behind his base. Man, he sure looks alot like Clint in his younger days although I wasn't around then.

backnblack
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby backnblack » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:25 pm

Yeah, he really favors him. Even has the old Dirty Harry hair style. He's a dynamite player on upright or electric.

Return to “The Lounge”