It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Finally got a blu ray player my thoughts
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:31 pm 

I finally bought a blu ray player last night from Best Buy. My brother in law got one a month ago and I saw it for the first time last week. Even though it's a cheap verison from Magnavox his picture was fantastic.Niece bought it for him for less than $100 dollars. After seeing it I knew I needed to get one. What I wanted was a blu ray that could also stream netflix and youtube.I found a song blu ray player fro $218.00 that has wi fi built in. I got it hooked up and it turned out great. Tax and all was around $250.00 so for an extra $150.00 estimate I still think it was worth the price. My brother in law doesn't watch nearly the movies I do and I am a netflix subscriber which you get alot of free movies with being a member.

The other good thing is all my dvd's I burned on computer the blu ray player will play so now I can watch it on a big 52 inch screen. Any way watching movies on blu ray makes the picture come to life.Colors are much more defined and brilliant like you would see at a movie theatre.I love it but I was thinking what the future might hold for the consumer.

Today not all channels have converted to high defintion but but HDTV is much better than regular TV. The question when will television shoot in blu ray where you get that quality automatically.Today you have to subscribe with your cable company to get HDTV will it ever get to blu ray quality for all shows?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Finally got a blu ray player my thoughts
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:57 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I love my ps3 for blurays on both my lcd and my plasma (I move it around once in while). I currently get about 50 hd channels with time warner, not bad but they still are missing channels I really wanna watch in HD, like comedy central and spike which pisses me off. Direct TV has more but I have 7 tv's in my house and which would mean I would need 3 satelites and a ton of extra charges. Anyways it really is a huge difference on big hdtv's. I kind of feel bad for people that bought big projection tv's (non DLP) 5-10 years ago as they are completly obsolete. Anyways glad to here you like your new Blue Ray!

Post subject: Re: Finally got a blu ray player my thoughts
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:30 pm 

Thanks DaveWaz, now I can almost get that theatre experience at home except need a much bigger TV than 52 inches. I was always happy with my Direct TV till I couldn't have it once I moved to an apartment in Indy. They do have more HDTV channels but considering your situation of having alot of TVs not sure it would be worth it to change over.

My next step is to get another computer since my current computer a Sony which I inherited from my dad who past away just doesn't get the job done. The DVD writer doesn't work and I tried to install a new one but the blasted screws are in so tight I can't budge it.Whatever machine screwed these in must have went overboard not even Arnold Schwarzengaer could undo these screws. I could take it to a computer shop let them do it but considering the cost of labor and the new dvd writer I want to buy another computer.Can't do it now but it will have wireless so I can then stream netflix over to the blu ray. I could install a wireless card but then again another $50-75 dollars when I can get that on a new computer when I get one.

Profile E-mail