It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Salvation Army Majored Gunned Down In Front Of His Kids
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:02 am 

I am really speechless on this and saddened.How in the world can something like this happen? The Major was shot in fron of his 3 kids ages 4,6 and 8 on Christmas eve.It has to be one of the most senseless acts I can think of.You can bet this is going to piss alot of people off not only the police to find the culprits and when they do it might not be to pretty.

Salvation Army major shot dead in Arkansas on Christmas EveDecember 25, 2009 1:09 a.m. EST
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Maj. Philip Wise, 40, is gunned down in front of his three children
Police: Two men carrying handguns approach dad, kids and demanded money
Coroner: "My heart goes our for the family"
Shooting happens Christmas Eve in North Little Rock, Arkansas

(CNN) -- A Salvation Army major was shot dead in front of his three children on Christmas Eve in North Little Rock, Arkansas, authorities said.

Maj. Philip Wise, 40, was gunned down Thursday. He was found lying by the back entrance of a Salvation Army facility, said police spokesman Sgt. Terry Kuykendall.

Wise apparently dropped two bell ringers off at home and returned to the Salvation Army building with his three children, ages 4, 6 and 8. Two men carrying handguns approached them and demanded money before shooting Wise, Kuykendall said.

The suspects fled on foot.

Police received a 911 call at 4:17 p.m. Pulaski County Coroner Garland Camper said Wise's wife, Cindy, made the call from inside the building.

"My heart goes our for the family, losing their dad, and I guess having to witness it during this time of year," Camper told CNN affiliate KARK. "It's definitely going to be hard on the kids."

Wise had been active in the Salvation Army for 16 years and was assigned to the Baring Cross neighborhood of North Little Rock for the past three years.

Area Commander Maj. Harvey Johnson said the Salvation Army will hold a news conference on Christmas Day.

"We would hope that whoever the perpetrators are would step forward," he said.

The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. It is perhaps best known for its donation centers and bell ringers who collect money for the needy during the holiday season.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Salvation Army Majored Gunned Down In Front Of His Kids
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:42 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

People get desperate around Christmas.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:10 pm 

Pudge wrote:

Hard to say what these shooters were thinking maybe they wanted to go to prison and get 3 meals a day. Even in prison if inmates find out these guys did this I wouldn't want to be them. The act of doing it in front of his own kids just makes it more barbaric.

It wouldn't surprise me if the police once they find out and capture them might do something out of the ordinary and call it self defense if you know what I mean. :idea:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:25 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

thank god for the second amendment :down:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:21 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

thescout wrote:
Pudge wrote:

Hard to say what these shooters were thinking maybe they wanted to go to prison and get 3 meals a day. Even in prison if inmates find out these guys did this I wouldn't want to be them. The act of doing it in front of his own kids just makes it more barbaric.

It wouldn't surprise me if the police once they find out and capture them might do something out of the ordinary and call it self defense if you know what I mean. :idea:

This is a badge of honor in prison for the killers. They are heroes in North Little Rock.

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:56 pm 

BirdBrain wrote:
thescout wrote:
Pudge wrote:

This is a badge of honor in prison for the killers. They are heroes in North Little Rock.

Please explain BB..shooting a father in front of his 3 young children on Christmas eve how is that a badge of honor even to prisoners?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:09 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

thescout wrote:
BirdBrain wrote:
thescout wrote:
Pudge wrote:

Please explain BB..shooting a father in front of his 3 young children on Christmas eve how is that a badge of honor even to prisoners?

Because it is "street cred". The more evil the crime, and the more newsworthy the target, the more "cred" there is. They will get double teardrop tats for this kill.

Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:24 pm 

Hmm, that didn't help Jeffrey Dahmer when he was in prison. The more grumesome the crime I can't think of many more gruesome than Dahmer. Eventually the prisoners took care of him. Do these thugs get more credit for killing a defenseless dad in front of his 3 children or is Dahmer lower on the street cred list since he only ate people's brains? :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:48 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

thescout wrote:
Pudge wrote:

Extrajudicial killing? I think not. If the police are the type that would consider it, they don't belong as policemen. It would surprise me if they murdered the perps. Police are professionals and I doubt any rational cop would murder a suspect.

Killing in front of kids, eh, it is not that extra barbaric. Lots of murderers probably do that - most killers are acquainted and many of them are related by marriage or birth.

Most people's fantasies about what happens in prison are just that - fantasies. People in prison usually don't care that much what got the others in there. Sorry to burst your bubble.

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our tradition in the spirit of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:31 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Wease wrote:
thescout wrote:
Pudge wrote:

Extrajudicial killing? I think not. If the police are the type that would consider it, they don't belong as policemen. It would surprise me if they murdered the perps. Police are professionals and I doubt any rational cop would murder a suspect.

Killing in front of kids, eh, it is not that extra barbaric. Lots of murderers probably do that - most killers are acquainted and many of them are related by marriage or birth.

Most people's fantasies about what happens in prison are just that - fantasies. People in prison usually don't care that much what got the others in there. Sorry to burst your bubble.

As the son of a police officer (and one who worked at Lebanon Correctional Insitution, or LCI) I guess it depends on what prison you go to. I remember asking my mom about some of those 'fantasies' and she told me the truth. There is most definitely a hierarchy considering the crimes. I recall talking to her about the Susan Smith affair (the one that drowned her kids and blamed a black man, remember?) and she told me point blank that woman would not make it in LCI. She would have to go to level 5 supermax and be guarded at all times, or she would get at the very least the crap beaten out of her. A good buddy of mine has been a 'guest' of many states and said while he was in the Fed in Miami, a guy got shanked who was 'short eyes' ( a child molester).

But Wease is right: even like that scumbag that got dropped after shooting 4 cops in Seattle, those cops weren't 'looking for an excuse' to plug him. The paperwork and subsequent reviews pretty much drills those thoughts out early in any cops career.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:13 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Wease wrote:

Being the famous member here, unlike anyone else here,...I shared this thread with many, many people. This is a veritable insane asylum according to everyone who saw this thread. Especially that cold, inhuman quote above. You people here have no idea how out of touch you all are with the majority of people all over this country. And remember, when things get bad enough the people will respond.

As for the 2nd Amendment??? Try to take people's guns away and it will get ugly. If the Major had a gun he may still be alive or one of those monkies may have gotten a .45 in the head. It's not barbaric to kill in front of children,...amazing inhumanity. It's barbaric to kill period.

I'm educating thousands about this,...about you people. Ya'll have always been around but you hide well until things like this are mentioned. Then you show your real selves. But thanks to some of us we're revealing the true monsters. Let's see,...1927, Norman Thomas. google him and you'll be led to the absolute truth about what's happening. And believe me, we are enlightening lots of people and it will become an exponential epiphany. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:33 pm 

So in your world, does "thousands" equate to four people?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:25 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Pudge wrote:

ok...that made me laugh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:28 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

PB gives the term "artificial intelligence" a whole new meaning.

Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:35 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Pudge wrote:

+1

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our tradition in the spirit of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:57 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Pudge wrote:

Me, myself and I - I only count 3. Who is the fourth? :whistle:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:19 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wease wrote:
Pudge wrote:

Me, myself and I - I only count 3. Who is the fourth? :whistle:

Me, myself, I and I, mon.