It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Oh that Dick Cheney rearing his ugly head again sayingthings
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:50 pm 

Why doesn't this guy go out to his log cabin and live their instead of bothering the public with his failed ideas. :roll: Sure Dick we really believe you after the sh$t you left Obama with. :roll: Now go spend all that money you fleeced American taxpayers with and the 10's of millions of dollars you worked really hard for at Haliburton. :roll:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Oh that Dick Cheney rearing his ugly head again sayingthings
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:31 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Dick Cheney is awesome.

A real, live supervillain living and ruling amongst us.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:56 am 

Would someone please give old Dick some geritol and his comic books so he can go to bed. The old fool thinks were still playing the King and I. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:41 pm 

Only a superhero can stop Dick Cheney.

And the only superhero I'm currently aware of is Tim Tebow.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:46 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Pudge wrote:

I think LeBron is almost a superhero.....

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:30 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Pudge wrote:

Tiger's wife has skills.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:23 am 

I hope Dick Cheney its his wheaties today, No more getting out of line Dick ok. :up:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

backnblack wrote:
Pudge wrote:

Tiger's wife has skills.

:snooty:

Shotgun to the face>Golf club to the face

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:33 pm 

People still underestimate Dick Cheney. The guy is the very definition of a supervillain. You can't stop him! Just bow before him, and maybe you'll get rewarded.

I mean the guy has had like 8 heart attacks, and he's still alive.

The guy is the boss of a corporation that is running a war that is 7000 miles away.

The guy was the hand that wielded and controlled the most powerful man in the world for 8 years.

The guy has a perpetual snarl.

An excerpt from his page on Wikipedia:
Quote:
After leaving office, Cheney purchased a home in McLean, Virginia (Washington suburbs), and maintains homes in Wyoming and on Maryland's Eastern Shore.[109]

Said to be writing a book,[110] his memoirs are likely to be published in spring 2011. It is thought the book will charge that in his second term George W. Bush ignored Cheney's advice and, in a word, went soft. According to a front page article in The Washington Post, Cheney "felt Bush was drifting away from him. Cheney said Bush was shackled by public reaction and the criticism he took. The Cheney doctrine was cast iron strength at all times - never apologise, never explain while Bush moved towards a conciliatory approach." Personal factors also contributed to the growing distance between the two men. Cheney was dismayed when Mr. Bush forced his old friend and mentor Donald Rumsfeld out of the Pentagon in 2006. Cheney reportedly further accused Bush of abandoning Lewis "Scooter" Libby, likening his action to leaving a soldier on the battlefield.[111] Cheney maintained a visible public profile after leaving office,[112] being especially critical of Obama administration policies on national security.[113][114]

Although, by custom, a former Vice President receives unofficial six month protection from the United States Secret Service, President Obama reportedly extended the protection period for Cheney[116].

On July 11, 2009 CIA Director Leon E. Panetta told the Senate and House intelligence committees that the CIA withheld information about a secret counter-terrorism program from Congress for eight years on direct orders from Dick Cheney. Intelligence and Congressional officials have said the unidentified program did not involve the CIA interrogation program and did not involve domestic intelligence activities. They have said the program was started by the counter-terrorism center at the CIA shortly after the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, but never became fully operational, involving planning and some training that took place off and on from 2001 until this year.[117] Wall Street Journal reported, citing former intelligence officials familiar with the matter, that the program was an attempt to carry out a 2001 presidential authorization to capture or kill al Qaeda operatives.[118]

So lemme get this straight, he has 3 lairs, which doesn't include any secret lairs...

He says his puppet went soft by actually not being a complete a-hole and not channeling Joseph Stalin...

He maintains his personal bodyguard beyond normal time period, which coincidentally is around the time when Tim Tebow is graduating...

He's been training his own secret military force under the guise of "counter-terrorism" but deemed it unnecessary to inform Congress...

And then occasionally he deems it necessary to get his own hands dirty, and he shoots someone in the face.

Everything about Cheney says he's a supervillain. Everything. I hope Cheney gets the Republican bid for 2012, because I'll vote for him.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:11 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Pudge wrote:
People still underestimate Dick Cheney. The guy is the very definition of a supervillain. You can't stop him! Just bow before him, and maybe you'll get rewarded.

I mean the guy has had like 8 heart attacks, and he's still alive.

The guy is the boss of a corporation that is running a war that is 7000 miles away.

The guy was the hand that wielded and controlled the most powerful man in the world for 8 years.

The guy has a perpetual snarl.

An excerpt from his page on Wikipedia:
Quote:
After leaving office, Cheney purchased a home in McLean, Virginia (Washington suburbs), and maintains homes in Wyoming and on Maryland's Eastern Shore.[109]

Said to be writing a book,[110] his memoirs are likely to be published in spring 2011. It is thought the book will charge that in his second term George W. Bush ignored Cheney's advice and, in a word, went soft. According to a front page article in The Washington Post, Cheney "felt Bush was drifting away from him. Cheney said Bush was shackled by public reaction and the criticism he took. The Cheney doctrine was cast iron strength at all times - never apologise, never explain while Bush moved towards a conciliatory approach." Personal factors also contributed to the growing distance between the two men. Cheney was dismayed when Mr. Bush forced his old friend and mentor Donald Rumsfeld out of the Pentagon in 2006. Cheney reportedly further accused Bush of abandoning Lewis "Scooter" Libby, likening his action to leaving a soldier on the battlefield.[111] Cheney maintained a visible public profile after leaving office,[112] being especially critical of Obama administration policies on national security.[113][114]

Although, by custom, a former Vice President receives unofficial six month protection from the United States Secret Service, President Obama reportedly extended the protection period for Cheney[116].

On July 11, 2009 CIA Director Leon E. Panetta told the Senate and House intelligence committees that the CIA withheld information about a secret counter-terrorism program from Congress for eight years on direct orders from Dick Cheney. Intelligence and Congressional officials have said the unidentified program did not involve the CIA interrogation program and did not involve domestic intelligence activities. They have said the program was started by the counter-terrorism center at the CIA shortly after the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, but never became fully operational, involving planning and some training that took place off and on from 2001 until this year.[117] Wall Street Journal reported, citing former intelligence officials familiar with the matter, that the program was an attempt to carry out a 2001 presidential authorization to capture or kill al Qaeda operatives.[118]

So lemme get this straight, he has 3 lairs, which doesn't include any secret lairs...

He says his puppet went soft by actually not being a complete a-hole and not channeling Joseph Stalin...

He maintains his personal bodyguard beyond normal time period, which coincidentally is around the time when Tim Tebow is graduating...

He's been training his own secret military force under the guise of "counter-terrorism" but deemed it unnecessary to inform Congress...

And then occasionally he deems it necessary to get his own hands dirty, and he shoots someone in the face.

Everything about Cheney says he's a supervillain. Everything. I hope Cheney gets the Republican bid for 2012, because I'll vote for him.

The real Dick Cheney died in 2003. What we have now is a very skillfully designed android. God help us.

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:45 pm 

Dick Cheney's at it again delivering more scary and threatening words to anyone who will listen to his BS rhetoric. Dick, Dick, Dick haven't you eaten your cornflakes today? :lol: Someone put a muzzle on this guy he still thinks he's in power.Seriously, Dick go play some golf, go hunting or fishing.Is your ego so big you have to waste people's time with more devlish hard threats to the Democrats.You and Bushy wasted 8 years with your broken policies, unprepared decision making,and threats to people around the world people got sick of your bullying tactics.

Did someone take your geritol Dick? I know you do this for the attention like so many former headliners who just want to make the public aware your still alive.Not getting the attention you deserve you have to come out with these outlandish statements.Dick take a chill pill America is tired of your BS and doesn't really care what you think.Your history now go play some golf. I know it must be tough having millions of dollars in your bank account without anyone to listen to you but America will survive quite well without your meddling.Like Houdini just disappear we don't need more rubbish.

Cheney: Obama pretending we are not at war
Posted: December 30th, 2009 10:14 AM ET

From CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

Cheney is out with new criticisms of Obama.
(CNN) – In blistering new comments Wednesday, former Vice President Dick Cheney says President Obama's reaction to the botched terrorist attack on Christmas Day is proof the president "is trying to pretend we are not at war."

In his first statement since the Christmas Day terror attempt, Cheney hits Obama for what he describes as the president's "low key" response to the events last week, and criticizes the administration's broader approach to national security.

"He seems to think if he gives terrorists the rights of Americans, lets them lawyer up and reads them their Miranda rights, we won’t be at war," Cheney says. "He seems to think if we bring the mastermind of 9/11 to New York, give him a lawyer and trial in civilian court, we won’t be at war. He seems to think if he closes Guantanamo and releases the hard-core al Qaeda trained terrorists still there, we won’t be at war."

Cheney adds that Obama outwardly "pretends we aren't [at war]," and the former vice president repeats his months-long criticism that the new president has made America "less safe."

"Why doesn’t he want to admit we’re at war?" Cheney asks. "It doesn’t fit with the view of the world he brought with him to the Oval Office. It doesn’t fit with what seems to be the goal of his presidency – social transformation—the restructuring of American society."

Democrats note President Bush was not subjected to criticisms from either Democrats or the media when he waited six days to respond to Richard Reid's attempted shoe-bombing of an airline on December 22, 2001. Like Obama, Bush was on vacation when that botched terrorist attack occurred 8 years ago.

Obama has referred to both conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq as wars, though his administration has been reluctant to use the phrase "War on Terror."

Cheney's comments are the latest criticisms of the new administration over the course of the last year, in which he has declared President Obama has put the country's security at an elevated level of risk as a result of a string of national security decisions that largely went at odds with Bush administration practices.

Cheney's past comments have met criticism from many Democrats and some members of the media who say he would be better off following the example set by former President George Bush, who has remained largely silent on the actions of his successor.

However the former vice president's forceful critique of Obama has been met with praise from conservative corners, leading the conservative publication Human Events to award him the title of "Conservative of the Year."

Cheney's statements also echo that of several congressional Republicans who have criticized the president's response to the terrorist attempt over the last several days.

GOP members of Congress have sharply pressed on how the suspected terrorist could fly in the first place after his own father had warned authorities his son was possibly under the influence of religious extremists.

Rep. Peter Hoekstra, R-Michigan, the top Republican on the House Homeland Security Committee, said the White House isn't sharing information, and posted a message on Twitter accusing the administration of "stonewalling."

"The threat to the United States is real. I think this administration has downplayed it," Hoekstra said. "They need to recognize it, identify it."

Hoekstra also sent a fundraising e-mail to supporters Tuesday derailing "week-kneed liberals," a solicitation the Democratic National Committee later called "shameful."

Meanwhile, South Carolina Sen. Jim DeMint, who Democrats blame for holding up the confirmation of the president's TSA nominee, said the new administration has "downplayed terrorism."

"The president has downplayed terrorism since he took office," DeMint told CBS Wednesday. "He doesn't use the word anymore."

Full Cheney statement:

Statement from former Vice President Cheney 12/29/09:

As I’ve watched the events of the last few days it is clear once again that President Obama is trying to pretend we are not at war.

He seems to think if he has a low key response to an attempt to blow up an airliner and kill hundreds of people, we won’t be at war.

He seems to think if he gives terrorists the rights of Americans, lets them lawyer up and reads them their Miranda rights, we won’t be at war.

He seems to think if we bring the mastermind of 9/11 to New York, give him a lawyer and trial in civilian court, we won’t be at war.

He seems to think if he closes Guantanamo and releases the hard-core al Qaeda trained terrorists still there, we won’t be at war.

He seems to think if he gets rid of the words, “war on terror,” we won’t be at war. But we are at war and when President Obama pretends we aren’t, it makes us less safe.

Why doesn’t he want to admit we’re at war?

It doesn’t fit with the view of the world he brought with him to the Oval Office. It doesn’t fit with what seems to be the goal of his presidency – social transformation—the restructuring of American society.

President Obama’s first object and his highest responsibility must be to defend us against an enemy that knows we are at war.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:37 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Scout, you want Cheney to spend his time hunting? :shock:

Sometimes I wonder what would have occurred if McCain had won the 2000 primary and beaten the Goreacle to become POTUS. It may be wishful thinking, but something tells me we wouldn't have gone into Iraq and we would have captured Osama by now.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:56 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

He certainly is a white cat away from being a Bond villian. Did he fall into a vat of radioactive waste as the SECDEF to gain his powers to become a Super Villian?

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our tradition in the spirit of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.