It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Amanda Knox found guilty your thoughts?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:36 pm 

I have been interested in this case since I saw it on Dateline last year. Wow 26 yrs in prison for Knox. They say the legal system over in Italy is tough so I wonder if you get time reduced for good behavior? Her and her boyfriend WTF were you thinking? Nothing should make you do such a horrible act and they didn't seem to care.I guess when your that age you feel invincible and don't think of all the ramifications of life. Correction age has nothing to do with it there are some very responsible 20,21,22 etc etc yr olds and these people were just not thinking clearly.

I heard Knox's parents will be moving to Italy now since she'll be in prison.Maybe Wease can enlighten us on this case.I would be interested to know about the Italy system and what he thought about this case.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34271238/ns ... ?GT1=43001

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Amanda Knox found guilty your thoughts?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:18 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I sexually assaulted and murdered scores of people in my 20s. I was reasonably good looking then so I figured it was OK. I just needed time to mature.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:04 am 

Well Bnb it wasn't as bad as the dude in Cleveland just ridculous.I heard he had corpses in his living room.Their still digging to try and find more bodies.Getting back to Knox one person killed is to much. I guess since millions die over the world each day from starvation,wars etc etc etc one less person isn't going to matter thats what a sicko would think.

Not to get off the thread but I watched a good documentary on Jack the Ripper.They had an investigator today figure out who the killer was. He had dates,places,possible suspects etc etc.A very good documentary and it all made sense. His claim was a man named James Kelly was the Ripper died in 1929. He ruthlessly killed his wife and when doctors examined him he just wasn't all there mentally. This investigator even tracked him to the United States around 1891 they keep ship records and sure enough right before mass killings in many states his name was on the ship he claimed when he turned himself in when he was an old guy. They even had a expert take the picture of James Kelly and make it look like when he did during the time of the Ripper murders.Eye witnesses back then gave police info on what the Ripper looked like. They put the two pics side by side and it was remarkebly similar the old pic of James Kelly and the Ripper pic. The investigator back then said police in London didn't do a good job of questioning suspects. It was like they went to the Ripper's old house asked questions and couldn't put two and two together to lead them to the Ripper.

I think it was on the Discovery channel not sure but seemed to be the best evidence I have seen who the Ripper was.When Kelly came to the United States he would travel to many cities (Galveston Tx,San Fran,New York etc etc) and kill women just like the over in London. Same style and technique plus the investigator said the Ripper traveled from Britian to the United States alot so police couldn't narrow their search down.The investigator found out that Kelly was an upholstery repairman which means your good with a knife and have to be strong to do the work.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:08 am 

backnblack wrote:
I sexually assaulted and murdered scores of people in my 20s. I was reasonably good looking then so I figured it was OK. I just needed time to mature.

Accountability at any age is needed not more blame on other circumstances. This brings up an interesting question though some kid around 12 yrs old I think killed a 8 yr old girl but the defense said he didn't know what he was doing and it was an accident.Now the kid is in an adult prison at 12 yrs old is this right or wrong? Should he be tired as an adult or kid?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:16 am 

New plans to appeal the court decision today. If I remember correctly during the OJ trial lawyers were even questioning the jurors if they were legitimate jurors. I mean it seemed a number of jurors were ousted because of selling info to the media(I believe that was correct back then). Then Cochrane and the Simpson lawyers went after tainted evidence and finally we heard if the glove doesn't fit you must equit. :roll: I don't know how good of lawyers Knox has or how if the Itaitian court system is more stric than ther United States but there could be some evidence where the slightest doubt could free her.Apparently the jurors felt there was no doubt she did it with her boyfriend.I think she was on drugs when she did it but still I ask WTF were you thinking.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/12/04/ita ... index.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:16 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I was in London a few years back and went of a Jack the Ripper Tour of the White Chappel district where the murders occurred. The guide was actually one of the Beefeaters from London Tower moonlighting. One of the spots we went to was in what is now the Muslim section of town. People began throwing water balloons at the group and angrily telling us we were "not in our section of town." It was weird. The guide offered some theories as to who he thought the killer was but it escapes me now. Jack was unkind.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:28 am 

If you get a chance to watch this documentary that I saw last night on TV watch it. There seems to be no doubt James Kelly was the Ripper.After Kelly killed his wife they put him in an insane asylum.He escaped and for 40 yrs the police never found him. In the end when he showed up as an old man back at the asylum he confessed and gave specific info where he was the last 40 yrs. He couldn't stand prostitutes although I can't remember why. The investigator did a great job of putting the pieces together(sorry didn't mean to correlate the two..odd use of words by me). The investigator all the victims were cut from left to right with a sharp blade and the victims died suddenly.Each killing the ripper was fine tuning his craft meaning he was getting better at disecting the anatomy.One lady in Britian the Ripper killed looked like the Ripper took his time and it was just sick. One other clue the investigator found on one of the bodies in the United States was an X carved into one of the women. It wasn't just a letter X the investigator claims it was the Ripper's 10th victim.

Well not that its a good subject to talk about but this guy in Cleveland sounds like another lunatic.They think he could plead he is crazy but he'll have to prove it or else be given the death penalty. I don't know what the law states in Ohio but they need to give this man the chair.Has to be one of the most deranged murderers in quite awhile.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:30 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If he can run a 4.3 40 the Eagles will sign him.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:02 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

thescout wrote:
I have been interested in this case since I saw it on Dateline last year. Wow 26 yrs in prison for Knox. They say the legal system over in Italy is tough so I wonder if you get time reduced for good behavior? Her and her boyfriend WTF were you thinking? Nothing should make you do such a horrible act and they didn't seem to care.I guess when your that age you feel invincible and don't think of all the ramifications of life. Correction age has nothing to do with it there are some very responsible 20,21,22 etc etc yr olds and these people were just not thinking clearly.

I heard Knox's parents will be moving to Italy now since she'll be in prison.Maybe Wease can enlighten us on this case.I would be interested to know about the Italy system and what he thought about this case.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34271238/ns ... ?GT1=43001

Looks like the Italian detectives blew more leads then the Braves! Saw a 20/20 on this case, everything is confusing about this case. The DNA evidence was collected incorrectly, and it seems kinda wierd that someone that only knew her travel abroad 'flatmate' this short would have a motive for such a horrible crime. But, the things this broad did after being accused did not help her case.

Looks like trial by media. My gut tells me Guede probably did the deed alone: considering they found his DNA in the deceased (sex ) and crap of his in the toilet.

who knows? :?:

Here's a story by one of Wease' fav publications: so it must be gospel!! 8-)

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/featu ... ugia200806

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:10 am 

The general public in Italy are saying usually the first court case is alot tougher than challenging the ruling. I don't know but if this case were tried hear in the United States I am sure a good lawyer or team could find enough holes to create doubt and Knox would be free.

Her dad said they should have had Amanda move to Germany before all this and she would have been free but she didn't go.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:11 am 
Superstar
Superstar

It is all background noise to me. I haven't really followed it that much and certainly not recently. After seeing some of my cases reported in the news, I trust the accuracy of the reporting about as much as I trust my dog with cookies cooling on the counter.

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our tradition in the spirit of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.