what's up with the site?

For off-topic and non-football related topics such as life, TV, movies, women, video games, etc. If you want to talk other sports, such as MLB, NBA, soccer, etc. this is also the right place.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

DaveWaz
Superstar
Superstar

what's up with the site?

Postby DaveWaz » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:08 pm

Pudge, I normally click on view active topics and read and post from there. It isn't working on my home pc or at work, not sure if your aware or what's up. Any help of course would be greatly appreciated :!:
When life gives you lemons, find some salt and tequila then invite me!

DaveWaz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: what's up with the site?

Postby DaveWaz » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:06 am

pudge I know your on right now, lol what's the dealio?

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Postby Pudge » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:24 am

Sorry, I just upgraded the board software the other night. I tried to do the automatic upgrade without having to download all the new phpBB files and then unzip them and upload them to the website, which can take anywhere between 30-60 minutes for the entire process. I figured the automatic upgrade would take like 2 minutes. It wound up taking like 20-30 because they made me have to make decisions about merging some of the other version's files with the new files.

To be honest, I really had no idea what I was doing. And I figured something might get screwed up. Well Waz, you've rooted it out.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

Pudge

Postby Pudge » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:30 am

Ahh, I fixed it. The powers of Google.

Basically there was a bug in all the previous versions of phpBB. In the board's admin control panel, there is an option that asks for each forum would you like to show active topics. And regardless of whether you selected yes or no, it would display them. The default setting is no, and I never changed it since it never really mattered.

But with the new update (v3.0.6), they fixed the bug. So now that the settings were at no, it didn't show them. I just went back and changed them to yes, so now it's fixed.

Obviously you didn't really need the explanation, but you know me...I don't believe in brevity.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

DaveWaz
Superstar
Superstar

Postby DaveWaz » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:34 am

Thanks for the quick fix, I almost exclusivly use the view active topics on this forum

Return to “The Lounge”